So lefty what do you feel you have lost with Musk's acquisition of Twitter?

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
I am truly astonished at the extent of the plaintiff outcry. It's a stupid little posting board that is not much different than this one with the exception of the fact that it happens to have a base of millions instead of hundreds. I tried it years ago and couldn't stand it frankly. I usually have a bit more to say than tiny Twitter squares allow....yeah that means I'm probably full of hot air I'll admit to it! So I went back the other day and tried it again. Sorry...still no magic for me. I just don't care for the way it's set up. I don't see any real interchange just a bunch of people shouting into the internet without the benefit of a real time exchange such as we have here at times. The Platform was Perfect for Trump since he is already Bellicose. It simply provided him with a sound horn that he did not have before. I think his refusal to rejoin is foolish on his part but he now has a site of his own that is not doing so well so maybe he feels it would detract from his efforts if he rejoined Twitter?

Back to the question in the title. What is it exactly that is being lost? I see only gain frankly for everybody. Musk is not a true ideologue he is a true Businessman. Sooooo.....his plans for Twitter are far more than just becoming the Rescue Icon for free speech IMO. He's got something up his sleeve with this move. He has to, he's betting 20% of his net worth on it! He'll combine it with Bitcoin buying features or Space-ex slots for sale or something that will add a money enterprise to what it already has.

So again. What has been lost? Anyone?

JO

The leftists got to spew without any counter argument. Now they will have to defend what they say and the only thing they have are lame social constructs such as "mah racism" and the like.

You know, the same things that are sending CNN and MS-LSD into the shitter ratings-wise.

As for Trump I see it as a good thing that he stays away. We really don't need him stirring-up the TDS before the mid-terms.....Now if he decides to run afterwards then fine, Tweet away.

As for the Twitter format itself, I don't care for it much either.

The leftists got to spew without any counter argument. Now they will have to defend what they say and the only thing they have are lame social constructs such as "mah racism" and the like.

You know, the same things that are sending CNN and MS-LSD into the shitter ratings-wise.

As for Trump I see it as a good thing that he stays away. We really don't need him stirring-up the TDS before the mid-terms.....Now if he decides to run afterwards then fine, Tweet away.

As for the Twitter format itself, I don't care for it much either.

See...this is what I mean. I posted...got an instant response from you and here I am responding to you in almost real time. I more or less need that.
You just don't have it with Twitter or at least I don't see it happening. Why do I want to become a meaningless voice following some celeb along with twenty five thousand others where the object of my tweet is probably never going to read it or even notice it? Stupid right? I have much more interesting ways to waste my time than pretending that Liz Warren or Ted Cruz will actually sort through 100,000 messages to find my 25 word criticism. Lol. I think Musk is going to be very innovative with the site and I will be watching to see what he will do to improve it. I suspect that he will dress it up, make it more functional, give it a new paint job and then flip it for twice what he paid for it.

JO

Most of the 'usual suspects' in the mainstream media are wailing because suddenly, Twitter might influence the election. Something we've been saying for about four years. They take notice now because it means that they don't get to control how it influences the media.

Now, I don't think that Musk is going to be the bastion of rightwing hegemony, nor do I think he is going to make all that big a difference to the Twitter users. It is, however; delicious that they are having a meltdown. I read yesterday that fully 28% said that if Musk wins the bid to purchase Twitter (He did) that they would leave that platform permanently. Much like they'll "leave the country" when they lose an election, they won't. They are far too addicted to their hatred to just walk away from it cold turkey.

Still, it is an interesting insight into their childish worldview.

Most of the 'usual suspects' in the mainstream media are wailing because suddenly, Twitter might influence the election. Something we've been saying for about four years. They take notice now because it means that they don't get to control how it influences the media.

Now, I don't think that Musk is going to be the bastion of rightwing hegemony, nor do I think he is going to make all that big a difference to the Twitter users. It is, however; delicious that they are having a meltdown. I read yesterday that fully 28% said that if Musk wins the bid to purchase Twitter (He did) that they would leave that platform permanently. Much like they'll "leave the country" when they lose an election, they won't. They are far too addicted to their hatred to just walk away from it cold turkey.

Still, it is an interesting insight into their childish worldview.

Yeah...they won't go anywhere. They will stomp out under one moniker in a self righteous huff and come back in with a different one. These people are hooked. I personally treid Twitter again after years and immediately had the same reaction to it. Just don't like it....I don't care who owns it.

JO

Yeah...they won't go anywhere. They will stomp out under one moniker in a self righteous huff and come back in with a different one. These people are hooked. I personally treid Twitter again after years and immediately had the same reaction to it. Just don't like it....I don't care who owns it.

JO
Yep. I don't use it. I had an account for a couple of years and I think I opened it twice. I finally googled how to close it (they keep that kind of information deeply hidden) and then did just that, closed it. A thinking, rational person cannot express complex concepts in 140 characters or less. This is why the left loves it so much.

Yep. I don't use it. I had an account for a couple of years and I think I opened it twice. I finally googled how to close it (they keep that kind of information deeply hidden) and then did just that, closed it. A thinking, rational person cannot express complex concepts in 140 characters or less. This is why the left loves it so much.

Yeah...it's prefect for people who like to yell loudly and rudely isn't it? So basically that's what it is, an online shout-box.

I am truly astonished at the extent of the plaintiff outcry. It's a stupid little posting board that is not much different than this one with the exception of the fact that it happens to have a base of millions instead of hundreds. I tried it years ago and couldn't stand it frankly. I usually have a bit more to say than tiny Twitter squares allow....yeah that means I'm probably full of hot air I'll admit to it! So I went back the other day and tried it again. Sorry...still no magic for me. I just don't care for the way it's set up. I don't see any real interchange just a bunch of people shouting into the internet without the benefit of a real time exchange such as we have here at times. The Platform was Perfect for Trump since he is already Bellicose. It simply provided him with a sound horn that he did not have before. I think his refusal to rejoin is foolish on his part but he now has a site of his own that is not doing so well so maybe he feels it would detract from his efforts if he rejoined Twitter?

Back to the question in the title. What is it exactly that is being lost? I see only gain frankly for everybody. Musk is not a true ideologue he is a true Businessman. Sooooo.....his plans for Twitter are far more than just becoming the Rescue Icon for free speech IMO. He's got something up his sleeve with this move. He has to, he's betting 20% of his net worth on it! He'll combine it with Bitcoin buying features or Space-ex slots for sale or something that will add a money enterprise to what it already has.

JO

Nothing, I signed into twitter once, looked at it and was like "this is crap" and have only ever used it to verify what people claim Trump wrote on twitter is what he actually wrote. Haven't been on it since 2020.

Can anyone cite the overblown outrage from the lefties on this board? No...not your usual "you're heads are exploding" BS.... Actual quotes from people who are up in arms about Musk buying Twitter. I'm sure there are one or two maybe. Most, like me, don't care.

I get on Twitter about twice a month. Its fun because, here at work, our filter doesn't allow access to twitter. So when you guys uncover some tweet that "proves" something, I don't see anything other than a box that says "secure connection failed". So whether Musk changes anything, everything, some things, not others... it's not much of a difference to me. The only way I really see what tweets were sent is if Google has them on their "images" tab.

Nothing, I signed into twitter once, looked at it and was like "this is crap" and have only ever used it to verify what people claim Trump wrote on twitter is what he actually wrote. Haven't been on it since 2020.

Yeah...that's my reaction to it to and still is.

JO

Can anyone cite the overblown outrage from the lefties on this board? No...not your usual "you're heads are exploding" BS.... Actual quotes from people who are up in arms about Musk buying Twitter. I'm sure there are one or two maybe. Most, like me, don't care.

I get on Twitter about twice a month. Its fun because, here at work, our filter doesn't allow access to twitter. So when you guys uncover some tweet that "proves" something, I don't see anything other than a box that says "secure connection failed". So whether Musk changes anything, everything, some things, not others... it's not much of a difference to me. The only way I really see what tweets were sent is if Google has them on their "images" tab.
I haven't see it so much here. I am surprised at the media reaction though, they appear to be in a meltdown over this. Then of course there are the few Hollywood has-beens who are starving for some kind of public relevance and a few overly loquacious politicians doing their usual " crap at the mouth " spew.

I don't know what your work policy on such things is but I never use a company computer for anything even if it is allowed. The new portable hot spots are actually amazingly good and give you total privacy. If you don't have a phone data plan they work well for that. I use a Moto 5g ace for its hotspot capability and an S-10 for a handheld. If you pay attention to streaming rates and data density you can do well with a 20 gig plan that is fairly inexpensive.

JO

JO
I dont like the format of twitter. Dont use it. But love the left implosion when they cant rig it amymore

I'll wait to see what changes, if any, happen before I bother worrying about what might happen.

I dont like the format of twitter. Dont use it. But love the left implosion when they cant rig it amymore
So that's what I'm talking about. If there is not vote rigging and there was no unfair media attack on Trump via Twitter and others what is it that the left wingers are now so afraid of? Is it that they know what they did and are afraid someone else can now do it? I wonder.

JO

JO
Yeah, because this thread certainly meets the criteria for this room.

I'll wait to see what changes, if any, happen before I bother worrying about what might happen.
I'm looking for something innovative from Musk. Twitter has peaked and is now dropping off...I think he will find a way to integrate it with other services to make it into an even bigger money machine than it is now.

I'm looking for something innovative from Musk. Twitter has peaked and is now dropping off...I think he will find a way to integrate it with other services to make it into an even bigger money machine than it is now.
I didn't care how much money they made before. I don't care how much they make now.

Forum List

Back