So lefty are you actually wishing for man to be responsible for " Warming"?

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
seems like you have become so poltically vested in the concept that now you are hoping that it really is true that man is responsible for climate change. Is there some victory in there for you? Do you really believe that China, Russia, India, Brazil and other countries that are developing hydrocarbon resources at light speed these days are going to go broke in behalf of an unproven claim?

Now remember that orignally we were told that if we passed a certain PPM....there would be no going back and that all efforts to fix things would be meaningless at that point.

Well....we've passed that PPM mark......so what's the fuss? It's locked in isn't it?

http://www.carbonbrief.org/blog/201...-tipping-point-into-reversible-climate-change

But while scientists are confident that tipping points exist in theory, predicting when they might occur is far more difficult. The One Hundred Months campaigners base their calculations on a 2006 analysis in which scientists estimated that once the concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere surpasses 400 parts per million (ppm), it's unlikely we'll be able to stabilise global mean surface temperature at two degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels.

Two degrees is the maximum acceptable figure adopted by the European Union as a manageable level of warming, based on IPCC findings, beyond which it becomes unlikely that serious negative effects can be avoided. In calculations like these, greenhouse gas concentration is expressed as carbon dioxide equivalent, which is a way of including all greenhouse gases, not just carbon dioxide. In an IPCC context, the term "likely" refers specifically to a probability of 66-90 per cent.

I can remember not long ago ...four to six years back I think being told that 400 ppm is IT BABY! We must close down all the smoke stacks, read by candle light and depend only on wind and solar or else!

Of course the problem with that idea is that it is no longer worth paying three hundred percent for alternative energy...so called " Green Energy "... and therefore the Green Scammers would be left out of the money. Can't have that no can we? So what do we do?

Well We go out and get ourselves a whole brand new point of no return that's what we do! So now we are told that it's 800 ppm!! WOW....twice the original amount Geeves! Imagine!

So lefty.....is Greenscam wrong when they say 400ppm is ponit of no return...cuz....like...we're there now. If Greenscam was wrong about that...
are they wrong about other things too?

I am having a hard time understanding the alternative energy haters...

So you really like oil that much?

You enjoy financing saudi kings harem?

If you liking oil, thats fine. Alternative energy will only make oil cheaper for you, nithing more. You will not be banned to use it the way you like it.

You guys are just mental...

If they can show that man is respiosible for the warming then they can justify any number of regulations designed to limit/reverse it -- all of which move them close to their true goal of strangling capitalism.

Environazis are like watermellons -- green on the outside, red in the middle.

If they can show that man is respiosible for the warming then they can justify any number of regulations designed to limit/reverse it -- all of which move them close to their true goal of strangling capitalism.

I think it is more likely that, if they can show mankind is responsible the people might actually get onboard with reforms aimed at slowing or stopping the warming. Given the possible outcomes of global warming, being able to change the rate or stop it would obviously be a good thing.

I think it is more likely that, if they can show mankind is responsible the people might actually get onboard with reforms aimed at slowing or stopping the warming. Given the possible outcomes of global warming, being able to change the rate or stop it would obviously be a good thing.
All of that is just means to an end.

Yes the passing into history of Hydrocarbon combustion can and should be a goog thing for mankind....my only beef is that we don't need to cut off our own hands to get it done.

I am having a hard time understanding the alternative energy haters...

So you really like oil that much?

You enjoy financing saudi kings harem?

If you liking oil, thats fine. Alternative energy will only make oil cheaper for you, nithing more. You will not be banned to use it the way you like it.

You guys are just mental...

Nobody hates alternative energy.....they just hate getting ripped off.

JO

Why is it that Conservative Americans are the only people on the planet who do not believe in climate change?

Do they get their information from corporate interests like oil and coal producers? Is it they do not believe in science? Science tells Conservatives some things they do not like, such as pumping carbon into the atmosphere is damaging the planet. But that means those gas guzzling vehicles they love so much are part of the problem. Or science tells them that the Genesis myth is just that; myth. Or that the consequences of using hazardous materials means someone has to pay for their remediation. Science can be cruel to Conservatives.

I'd be happy to have wind or solar power available if they bring the costs down. Though the really big problem is a) we get roughly 4-6 hours of sunlight (well maybe cause clouds) a day for 6months of the year - I can't even keep a damn solar powered light on all night up here. And b) it isn't too windy up here. And finally c) everything freezes up here, electric cars AIN'T happening up here, period. (I take that back, give us some global warming and we could make the electric cars work heh)

Northern climates should be exempt of all the fines and crap for 'traditional' energy until they figure out how to get past those flaws.

Also, look up Wisconsin and their LED traffic lights fiasco - They'd installed LED's to save energy, then found out that they don't put out enough heat to keep the snow off the lights, rendering the lights useless - they then had to pay to have people go deice all the lights)

Sometimes, shit just doesn't work like we'd like it to work. I'm not fond of jumping off cliffs without making sure the flying apparatus is going to actually work and I think it's near criminal to push people off the cliff without letting them make sure the shit works.

AKA driving the cost of fuel up so that we American's can't afford it anymore is flat out wrong because there is NOT a stable alternative for some of us, a LOT of us actually.

Why is it that Conservative Americans are the only people on the planet who do not believe in climate change?

Do they get their information from corporate interests like oil and coal producers? Is it they do not believe in science? Science tells Conservatives some things they do not like, such as pumping carbon into the atmosphere is damaging the planet. But that means those gas guzzling vehicles they love so much are part of the problem. Or science tells them that the Genesis myth is just that; myth. Or that the consequences of using hazardous materials means someone has to pay for their remediation. Science can be cruel to Conservatives.

Climate change: we can't show it in a lab, you have to BELIEVE!!

So you dont believe anything w/o seeing it in the lab ha...

I really wish this was true...

Yet these same people ridicule religious faith......

Considering the worst case scenarios (or not even the worst case scenarios) of global warming, slowing or stopping it is a mean to an end in itself. Climate change is documented in the past. And it wrecked havoc on life on the planet. I think that is not something to be taken lightly.

Considering the worst case scenarios (or not even the worst case scenarios) of global warming, slowing or stopping it is a mean to an end in itself. Climate change is documented in the past. And it wrecked havoc on life on the planet. I think that is not something to be taken lightly.

I agree. It's not something to be taken lightly. It's something to ignore completely.

So many conservative cultists screaming out their political nonsense on the topic. The normal people just look at the science, and don't bring politics into it. To such sane people, it's not a matter of wishing humans were causing global warming, any more than it's a matter of wishing humans caused gravity. The observed data shows greenhouse gases holding in more heat. Therefore, global warming.

Remember, global warming denial isn't the cult. Global warming denial is one of the many crazy beliefs that the right wing extremist fringe cult members are required to proclaim loudly. If they don't, they'll be ostracized by their fellow cultists. To such right-wing herd beasts, banishment from the herd would be like a death sentence, so they'll say anything to stay in the good graces of the cult, no matter how crazy it sounds.

Has it been 19 years now without any increase in warming...?

In retrospect one might well ask why is it that Liberal Americans are the only ones who accept junk science without first vetting it? Conservatives tell liberals something they don't like such as " We don't need to panic to get the job done ... we don't need to shut down the coal plants to make the transition....wind and solar will never meet our needs by themselves...and suddenly they think that conservatives don't believe in science at all. They continue to bank in the institutions that profit from oil money even as conservatives drive their gas guzzling vehicles putting money into their pockets to buy the Chevy " Dolt " , the Toyota " Free-us " and the Nissan "Sheaf"....all of which have larger carbon footprints pound for pound than a regular four banger gas powered vehicle! They continue to ignore the pollution that Neodymium mining in china has caused to an entire province over there prompting the nic-name... " Valley of death " to be applied to that region. They drive down the highway in congintive dissonance believing that even as the destroy the environment with their hybrid POS vehicles that cost more, are less efficient, and do NOTHING WHATSOEVER for the carbon footprints of their owners...that they are somehow better, more enlightened and just Holier than thou.

Ya know.....it's amazing!

JO

Last edited:
I did my part, I went out and got a V6 Trailblazer instead of my beloved V8 Durango. I miss my Rango though, had everything I wanted in a SUV. :(

I even thought about getting the even smaller Subaru Tribeca but I want the flying V grill style that was only made in '07-'08 and I can't find the one I want anywhere in the country... First world problems...

And the Right believes anything Big Oil tells them, just like when Big Tobacco told them that cigarettes didn't cause cancer.

Last edited:

Yet these same people ridicule religious faith......

Weird. Those who deny science in favor of faith in god.......accuse those who accept science of having blind faith.

Great argument.

Forum List

Back