So if the GOP takes control of the house, what happens to the January 6th committee?

Who elects the Elecctoral College? Is that not democracy?

I don't think I have even seen someone who will not read a source and believe it, proving themselves wrong in their initial beliefs. That's called learning. At what grade did they hurl you out of the middle school doors for being 18?
Way to swing and miss. Proud of you captain.

The electors are supposed to be elected by the voters of the state. Someone’s this happens. Not always. But either way, it was a filter set up that absolutely evades the “democracy” notion. Again, for you hard of learning types: if it were a democracy, there wouldn’t be any need for the Electors. The barest majority of the voters would make the determination. And here in the real world (you should come visit someday), we have recent EXAMPLES of the winner of the popular vote not being elected President. 😮

I know what that SHOULD tell you. I suspect it won’t though.

Way to swing and miss. Proud of you captain.

The electors are supposed to be elected by the voters of the state. Someone’s this happens. Not always. But either way, it was a filter set up that absolutely evades the “democracy” notion. Again, for you hard of learning types: if it were a democracy, there wouldn’t be any need for the Electors. The barest majority of the voters would make the determination. And here in the real world (you should come visit someday), we have recent EXAMPLES of the winner of the popular vote not being elected President. 😮

I know what that SHOULD tell you. I suspect it won’t though.
Someone's this happens? WTF?

It does not evade the democracy because by voting you select the slate of electors. They are the representative portion of the process, being a republic. I guess we can add the Electoral College to something else you don't understand. The barest majority of voters make the determination in every election, you dumbass! The popular vote does not elect the President, because it never has and never will unless we change the Constitution.

i have provided numerous examples and countered every argument you have made. You lose! Now, push the I believe button and stop being stupid!

Last edited:
That article talks about a direct democracy which has not existed since ancient Greece's city-states.
You’re getting the scent. Good boy!

So yes. We have been in agreement that we are not a direct democracy. But you still think we are a Constitutional representative democratic republic. We are not.

As I previously noted, because it’s true, we certainly have elements of a democracy. But that doesn’t make us some hyphenated democracy. We the People are sovereign. But so is each individual State. And of course in the Federal setting, within Constitutional limits, so is our national government.

if we were a so-called representative democracy, then the representatives would enact laws called for by the majority of his or her constituents. They don’t. They aren’t even required to do so. The best we can do is to vote unfaithful representatives out of office. But of course, that’s not always a good idea.

it may not happen often enough, but a representative has a right to vote differently than what the constituent majority “demand” precisely because the Framers remained consistently intent on tempering the will of a temporary majority. Greater discretion is allowed in theory to help ameliorate a tyreany of any temporary majority.

I believe the Heritage Foundation piece captures it pretty well: we aren’t governed by “we the majority.” The entirety must also be considered. That’s really why it’s actually “We the People.”

You’re getting the scent. Good boy!

So yes. We have been in agreement that we are not a direct democracy. But you still think we are a Constitutional representative democratic republic. We are not.

As I previously noted, because it’s true, we certainly have elements of a democracy. But that doesn’t make us some hyphenated democracy. We the People are sovereign. But so is each individual State. And of course in the Federal setting, within Constitutional limits, so is our national government.

if we were a so-called representative democracy, then the representatives would enact laws called for by the majority of his or her constituents. They don’t. They aren’t even required to do so. The best we can do is to vote unfaithful representatives out of office. But of course, that’s not always a good idea.

it may not happen often enough, but a representative has a right to vote differently than what the constituent majority “demand” precisely because the Framers remained consistently intent on tempering the will of a temporary majority. Greater discretion is allowed in theory to help ameliorate a tyreany of any temporary majority.

I believe the Heritage Foundation piece captures it pretty well: we aren’t governed by “we the majority.” The entirety must also be considered. That’s really why it’s actually “We the People.”
Still stuck on stupid! I am done. Please just top spreading your nonsense.

Someone's this happens? WTF?

It does not evade the democracy because by voting you select the slate of electors. They are the representative portion of the process, being a republic. I guess we can add the Electoral College to something else you don't understand. The barest majority of voters make the determination in every election, you dumbass! The popular vote does not elect the President, because it never has and never will unless we change the Constitution.

i have provided numerous examples and countered every argument you have made. You lose! Now, push the I believe button and stop being stupid!
Yep. Lt. Tory caught a typo. I know I’m proud of him. How about everyone else? Let’s give him a hand. 👏

Last edited:
Yep. Lt. Tory caught a typo. I know I’m proud of him. How about everyone else? Let’s give him a hand.
Just for the record, you never would have found it, had I not pointed it out.

Also, I was a Lieutenant Commander in the Navy, which has nothing to do with my knowledge of this topic. I taught American Government in high schools off and on for 21 years and have a master's degree in education. I retired almost 4 years ago and now work as a contractor for the US Army.

I think I know the topic better than about 99% of the posters on this message board, and I cited my sources. What do you have a GED, and absolutely no relevant sources to prove your point?

Also, I was a Lieutenant Commander in the Navy, which has nothing to do with my knowledge of this topic. I taught American Government in high schools off and on for 21 years and have a master's degree in education. I retired almost 4 years ago and now work as a contractor for the US Army.

I think I know the topic better than about 99% of the posters on this message board, and I cited my sources. What do you have a GED, and absolutely no relevant sources to prove your point?
I often go back to edit my posts. You should, too. Or maybe you meant “top” instead of “stop” ? But I doubt it.

I don’t care about what rank you held. Thanks for serving. But that rank gives you no greater authority on the topic under discussion.

Facts remain facts. And it is a fact that we are not a democracy. As I acknowledged here at least twice before, we do have elements of democracy, but they are deliberately diluted to assure that we aren’t a democracy.

Regardles of your inability or unwillingness to see it or admit it, we remain a Constitutional Republic.

The college degree I received and the post graduate degree I received are no more persuasive in this discussion than your military rank or that you “taught” classes (although you were mistaken in some of what you taught). You are engaging in a well known fallacy. I hope even you recognize as much.

Here is a helpful hint. Go read the entire collection of the Federalist Papers. Read fully, and try to understand this time, the Heritage Foundation article I provided the link for, earlier. Hell, Mike Lee even wrote a piece I just found for you which could help educate you and lead you to an accurate conclusion:

I often go back to edit my posts. You should, too. Or maybe you meant “top” instead of “stop” ? But I doubt it.

I don’t care about what rank you held. Thanks for serving. But that rank gives you no greater authority on the topic under discussion.

Facts remain facts. And it is a fact that we are not a democracy. As I acknowledged here at least twice before, we do have elements of democracy, but they are deliberately diluted to assure that we aren’t a democracy.

Regardles of your inability or unwillingness to see it or admit it, we remain a Constitutional Republic.
Are you insane? I never used the word "top" in my post!

We are a democratic republic! You are correct except you keep saying the name is not correct, even though you have posted the elements of a democratic republic several time. Did you not realize this?

Maybe you can get a refund on that GED!

The college degree I received and the post graduate degree I received are no more persuasive in this discussion than your military rank or that you “taught” classes (although you were mistaken in some of what you taught). You are engaging in a well known fallacy. I hope even you recognize as much.

Here is a helpful hint. Go read the entire collection of the Federalist Papers. Read fully, and try to understand this time, the Heritage Foundation article I provided the link for, earlier. Hell, Mike Lee even wrote a piece I just found for you which could help educate you and lead you to an accurate conclusion:

With all due respect for the Senator, he failed to mention the democratic elements of that republic.

We are a democratic republic! You are correct except you keep saying the name is not correct, even though you have posted the elements of a democratic republic several time. Did you not realize this?

Yes you did. Maybe you are blind or senile in addition to ignorant.

BE64F1A0-E51C-4EB3-8CE7-7846138FEACA.jpeg

1190AF18-94BF-4A97-AB20-9625F718E374.jpeg

Please just “top” you said. You meant stop. You didn’t catch it. Even after I pointed it to you.

Forum List

Back