...so, if the evidence is there -- should we try DTrump?...

If there are any 1/6 defendants still incarcerated over a mere misdemeanor charge, the legal system has failed.
I'd say they haven't failed. I'd say they are full blown criminal scum that should be hung.

I'd say they haven't failed. I'd say they are full blown criminal scum that should be hung.
They? I was talking about the legal system. I wasn’t talking about any defendants who allegedly committed any misdemeanor.

And if they have been sitting in a jail, for over a year, awaiting trial on a mere misdemeanor (which come with maximum sentences of one year), then the system has failed them.

You seem unduly willing to presume their guilt prior to trial.

Finally, our society doesn’t condone the death penalty for mere misdemeanors.

They? I was talking about the legal system. I wasn’t talking about any defendants who allegedly committed any misdemeanor.

And if they have been sitting in a jail, for over a year, awaiting trial on a mere misdemeanor (which come with maximum sentences of one year), then the system has failed them.

You seem unduly willing to presume their guilt prior to trial.

Finally, our society doesn’t condone the death penalty for mere misdemeanors.
I'm talking about the criminal scum holding them with no bail and no trial for trespassing. It's those criminal scum that should be rotting in jail, tried, and hung.

I'm talking about the criminal scum holding them with no bail and no trial for trespassing. It's those criminal scum that should be rotting in jail, tried, and hung.
Ok. That makes more sense.

I don’t go so far as hanging anyone. But I agree that if there is even one incarcerated person awaiting trial on a misdemeanor count only, that is unacceptable.

"I'm talking about the criminal scum holding them with no bail and no trial for trespassing. It's those criminal scum that should be rotting in jail......"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are "talking about".....as if there really are J6 defendants still incarcerated due to merely trespassing into the Capitol or onto the grounds.

Are there any?
How would you know if there are or are not any at all?

Can you share with the forum what you think you know, and how you know it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are "talking about".....as if there really are J6 defendants still incarcerated due to merely trespassing into the Capitol or onto the grounds.

Are there any?
How would you know if there are or are not any at all?

Can you share with the forum what you think you know, and how you know it?
You're a howler monkey right? You clowns know everything...

In this morning's Washington Post there is a thoughtful opinion piece by a law professor out of university of Iowa --- Maya Stenitz.
She offers a cogent and credible rationale that if the evidence is there in sufficient quantity and quality then putting Don Trump on trial would offer the country the opportunity to heal. Rather than further divisiveness.

Now look, Professor Stenitz ain't some college prof from corn country. She was raised in Israel, served at the Hague and on staffs for trials in Rwanda and in South Sudan. She has seen the international legal system address big and bad actors.

For the United States, at this time in our political zeitgeist....she posits this, in her own words:

"Some 30 years of research in transitional justice — the multidisciplinary study of how societies can constructively emerge from conflict and assert or reassert democratic values — provides evidence that, contrary to the understandable worry that a trial would be divisive, trials can instead help heal. In fact, they are considered one of the main methods to bring about “truth and reconciliation.”

"Examples of such “transitional trials” include the prosecutions of Slobodan Milosevic in the aftermath of the Balkan wars, and of Augusto Pinochet for human rights violations committed during his presidency of Chile. In a less dramatic example of alleged corruption (rather than human-rights violations and war crimes), former prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu is facing criminal charges in a deeply divided Israel. In Italy, former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi has been convicted of tax fraud."

"The reasons trials help promote reconciliation are many. Trials are a performative affair. They are, among other things, a drama in which conflict is enacted and resolved. As such, they can compel attention in a way that pierces the disinformation bubble that has contributed to this era’s divisiveness."

"Trials are about the establishment of truth through evidence, beyond reasonable doubt. The truth gathered and amplified through the drama of a trial creates a historical record and shapes the collective memory. Trials are a stage upon which individuals with firsthand knowledge can be compelled to testify about what they know, and must do so truthfully under penalty of perjury. Trials are as much about educating the public about wrongs that have been done as they are about seeking retribution for harms done (though they are about that as well)."

"At trial, the defendant gets to testify and be heard, and has the opportunity to compel the testimony of others. Milosevic, for instance, used his stage at The Hague to great effect.."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I offer the above because it serves as a reflective and rationale view that ---if the evidence exists ---- then we must not offer 'protections' for criminal wrongdoing to political leaders that the man-on-the-street American is not afforded.

And, in the context of some of the more screechy postings we read on this venue.....it offers America a view that 'civil war', 'armed rebellion by MAGA and QAnon' is not inevitable and not the only course to address America's divisiveness-du-jour.

IMHO

Don't worry about the consequences of putting Trump on trial. Worry about the consequences of NOT putting him on trial.

What would trump be tried for, Richard Hemorrhoid?

Guess when the J6 committee made its criminal referrals of Trump, you must have had your head up your ass and missed it.

You may put it back there now, since its apparently where it belongs.

Guess when the J6 committee made its criminal referrals of Trump, you must have had your head up your ass and missed it.

You may put it back there now, since its apparently where it belongs.
You won't say what he would be tried for because you got nothing. You're just another howling liar! So tell us, Hemmie, what would he be tried for? And ripping a mattress tag off doesn't count.

You won't say what he would be tried for because you got nothing. You're just another howling liar! So tell us, Hemmie, what would he be tried for? And ripping a mattress tag off doesn't count.

Are you really that stupid or are you just pretending to be that stupid?

Are you really that stupid or are you just pretending to be that stupid?

Fake news, butt stain. The j6 committee are communist liars like you.

In this morning's Washington Post there is a thoughtful opinion piece by a law professor out of university of Iowa --- Maya Stenitz.
She offers a cogent and credible rationale that if the evidence is there in sufficient quantity and quality then putting Don Trump on trial would offer the country the opportunity to heal. Rather than further divisiveness.

Now look, Professor Stenitz ain't some college prof from corn country. She was raised in Israel, served at the Hague and on staffs for trials in Rwanda and in South Sudan. She has seen the international legal system address big and bad actors.

For the United States, at this time in our political zeitgeist....she posits this, in her own words:

"Some 30 years of research in transitional justice — the multidisciplinary study of how societies can constructively emerge from conflict and assert or reassert democratic values — provides evidence that, contrary to the understandable worry that a trial would be divisive, trials can instead help heal. In fact, they are considered one of the main methods to bring about “truth and reconciliation.”

"Examples of such “transitional trials” include the prosecutions of Slobodan Milosevic in the aftermath of the Balkan wars, and of Augusto Pinochet for human rights violations committed during his presidency of Chile. In a less dramatic example of alleged corruption (rather than human-rights violations and war crimes), former prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu is facing criminal charges in a deeply divided Israel. In Italy, former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi has been convicted of tax fraud."

"The reasons trials help promote reconciliation are many. Trials are a performative affair. They are, among other things, a drama in which conflict is enacted and resolved. As such, they can compel attention in a way that pierces the disinformation bubble that has contributed to this era’s divisiveness."

"Trials are about the establishment of truth through evidence, beyond reasonable doubt. The truth gathered and amplified through the drama of a trial creates a historical record and shapes the collective memory. Trials are a stage upon which individuals with firsthand knowledge can be compelled to testify about what they know, and must do so truthfully under penalty of perjury. Trials are as much about educating the public about wrongs that have been done as they are about seeking retribution for harms done (though they are about that as well)."

"At trial, the defendant gets to testify and be heard, and has the opportunity to compel the testimony of others. Milosevic, for instance, used his stage at The Hague to great effect.."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I offer the above because it serves as a reflective and rationale view that ---if the evidence exists ---- then we must not offer 'protections' for criminal wrongdoing to political leaders that the man-on-the-street American is not afforded.

And, in the context of some of the more screechy postings we read on this venue.....it offers America a view that 'civil war', 'armed rebellion by MAGA and QAnon' is not inevitable and not the only course to address America's divisiveness-du-jour.

IMHO

6 years and counting ... all the failures.

The only evidence against Trump Democrats have ever had against Trump has been the evidence they were caught MANUFACTURING.

You KNOW, though, that as the investigations and evidence of Biden crimes start piling up Garland, Wray, and the Democrats will manufacture yet again another 'Get Trump' scheme in an attempt to distract from the Biden Crime Syndicate revelations....

...just as sure as water is wet, snow is cold, and fire is hot.

You got him now!
----------------------------------------------------------

Ummm, "You"?

Like in...me?
I got him now??

Why would I have Don Trump.....for anything?
I'm merely a disinterested neutral observer of the passing scene.
I thought my postings have been clear on that.

But if this wet water, cold snow, and hot fire thingy comes about as some suggest....well hell, that would be mildly interesting. No?

But you be you, poster mikeTX. And good luck.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ummm, "You"?

Like in...me?
I got him now??

Why would I have Don Trump.....for anything?
I'm merely a disinterested neutral observer of the passing scene.
I thought my postings have been clear on that.

But if this wet water, cold snow, and hot fire thingy comes about as some suggest....well hell, that would be mildly interesting. No?

But you be you, poster mikeTX. And good luck.
Another example of howler monkeys pretending not to understand.

There are simply no rules or standards for them at this point. They think they're fighting evil, so anything goes, and they'll forgive and ignore anything that advances that agenda.

This is a religious, paranoid rage that most of us will probably never fully understand. That's why we still don't know how to address it.
Know this is taking the easy way out...But if he would just turn into what has been the actions of our usual ex presidents, & back away from all the angry mess, that would work for me.

Forum List

Back