So I Cobbled Together Another AR

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I picked-up a lightly used DPMS M-4gery for $425.00 last week (mostly because it had C-More AR tactical reflex sight on it) and decided to use it as a "trunk gun" if it shot OK....It did so I got to work making it suit me better.

I put the C-More over on a mid-length build.

Most parts I had on-hand already other than the handguards. They were hard to find but DSA had them.

pa 001 (2).JPG

I got shed of the M-4 handguards and replaced them with a set of "skinny" CAR handguards.

Replaced the A2 grip with a A1 grip.

Replaced the GI trigger guard with a MagPul TG.

Replaced the abomination of a buttstock with a aluminum CAR stock.

Installed a GI (USMC) KAC rear BUIS.

Installed a Holosun HS510C reflex sight. (I love these sights, I have two of them).

The block on the bayonet lug is a old TDI (Israeli) light mount. It just makes use of the useless bayonet lug.

I put a Vickers wire ULoop on the sight tower and a Steel D-ring on the stock to attach the IDF sling to.

I picked-up a lightly used DPMS M-4gery for $425.00 last week (mostly because it had C-More AR tactical reflex sight on it) and decided to use it as a "trunk gun" if it shot OK....It did so I got to work making it suit me better.

I put the C-More over on a mid-length build.

Most parts I had on-hand already other than the handguards. They were hard to find but DSA had them.

View attachment 713543

I got shed of the M-4 handguards and replaced them with a set of "skinny" CAR handguards.

Replaced the A2 grip with a A1 grip.

Replaced the GI trigger guard with a MagPul TG.

Replaced the abomination of a buttstock with a aluminum CAR stock.

Installed a GI (USMC) KAC rear BUIS.

Installed a Holosun HS510C reflex sight. (I love these sights, I have two of them).

The block on the bayonet lug is a old TDI (Israeli) light mount. It just makes use of the useless bayonet lug.

I put a Vickers wire ULoop on the sight tower and a Steel D-ring on the stock to attach the IDF sling to.
Looks like one of the rigs they use on teams at 5th SF Group.
I like your sight too.

Might want to look for another sling harness so you can go to your secondary without dropping your weapon.

You must be into Retro as you sourced retro parts ( A1 grip ) ( Aluminum CAR stock ) ( Skinny 6 hole HGs ) for your M4gery , have you done Retros too ???

Excellent!

Minor comment: I love retro and have several incuding two prototypes but I would not put a M-4 profile barrel on anything with retro style furniture. (only meant as a person preference, not as a criticism)

Excellent!

Minor comment: I love retro and have several incuding two prototypes but I would not put a M-4 profile barrel on anything with retro style furniture. (only meant as a person preference, not as a criticism)
XM4 is borderline Retro

I’ve focused almost entirely on Retro Builds for over 10 years ( XM16E1 ) ( 601 ) ( 604 ) ( M16A2 ) ( M16A1 / 603) ( ArmaLite AR10A2 ...

I’ve focused almost entirely on Retro Builds for over 10 years ( XM16E1 ) ( 601 ) ( 604 ) ( M16A2 ) ( M16A1 / 603) ( ArmaLite AR10A2 ...
I just make my ARs suit me.....No real "retro" effort put into it.

I mean unless you are a deep pocket "stamp collector" at the end of the day you still just have a semi-auto rifle but I get it......I reserve my "mission creep" to CW through WW-2 weapons.

I have a Brit L1A1 and a STG.....The SLR is my go to battle rifle.

Excellent!

I get it but I don't care about stuff like that much anymore.....Rounds on target in a configuration I'm comfortable with is my main consideration.

Looks like one of the rigs they use on teams at 5th SF Group.
I like your sight too.

Might want to look for another sling harness so you can go to your secondary without dropping your weapon.
Who said it was my primary?

I still prefer a 590A1 for close work. ;)

I just make my ARs suit me.....No real "retro" effort put into it.

I mean unless you are a deep pocket "stamp collector" at the end of the day you still just have a semi-auto rifle but I get it......I reserve my "mission creep" to CW through WW-2 weapons.

I have a Brit L1A1 and a STG.....The SLR is my go to battle rifle.
My Dead Ender weapon is my Chinese type 56 “ Spiker” AK .

Forum List

Back