Another Pawn Shop AR

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
My local pawn shop forfeited this mid-length DR Guns AR this morning.....I have a tic over $500.00 in it.

a 001 (2).JPG

Not a big fan of the gray MagPul furniture but it's a higher-end build.

DR Guns Billet upper and lower.
MagPul UBR Gen 2 stock and MIAD grip.
DR Guns M-Loc handguard
Strike Industries Ambi selector
Hiperfire match trigger
JP Enterprises silent buffer and polished SS bolt
Black Hole 1-9 midlength 16" barrel
MagPul Professional (steel) F&R BUIS
YHM flash hider of some flavor.
YHM Handstop & Troy sling loop (not pictured)

I have a new Holosun reflex I'll stick on it.

My local pawn shop forfeited this mid-length DR Guns AR this morning.....I have a tic over $500.00 in it.

View attachment 724808

DR Guns M-Loc handguard
Hiperfire match trigger

Not my style of look. I like the bolt, may have the same one, having put more money into the bolt and upper on my build. Nice pick up at $500, but you often buy well.

View attachment 724808

DR Guns M-Loc handguard
Hiperfire match trigger

Auto-Ordnance, M1 carbine .30 cal. paratrooper model with folding stock, 18" barrel, blade/peep sight. Half a dozen 15 round clips, one 30 round banana clip which jams after about six shots. I don't need the banana clip anyway as after one shot the coyotes have long vacated my acreage. Not much of a weapon for sure but it works good enough to terrorize my lil canine Capone's!

Auto-Ordnance, M1 carbine .30 cal. paratrooper model with folding stock, 18" barrel, blade/peep sight. Half a dozen 15 round clips, one 30 round banana clip which jams after about six shots. I don't need the banana clip anyway as after one shot the coyotes have long vacated my acreage. Not much of a weapon for sure but it works good enough to terrorize my lil canine Capone's!
I guess you meant magazines. ;)

The 30 rounders (even GI) often don't work right unless you have have the mag catch designed for them.

Of all the post-war rebuild Carbines that have passed through my hands only two of them had the Type 4 or "M2" magazine mag catch.

C034.jpg

I'm interested to see how that silent buffer is going to work.
I'm really just a dumb old Cav troop from the M-16 days. What is a silent buffer?

OIP.i9PdwTR1Qn5Ms_xH7thBAgHaDw

It just slips into the buffer tube, you don't even need a buffer retainer pin and spring though most folks leave them there.
I see. I have a standard mil stock buffer spring group, paying little attention or money there. Is this better or just different? Better for certain types of use or operation? What would it do for me, or is that what you are hoping to find out when you take it to the range?

I see. I have a standard mil stock buffer spring group, paying little attention or money there. Is this better or just different? Better for certain types of use or operation? What would it do for me, or is that what you are hoping to find out when you take it to the range?
Quieter suppressed, that and you don't get that annoying (to some) buffer spring rebound sound.

They are about $140.00, certainly not worth the money to me but it was already there so. ;)

Quieter suppressed, that and you don't get that annoying (to some) buffer spring rebound sound.

They are about $140.00, certainly not worth the money to me but it was already there so. ;)
Woo. When I said mil stock, you knew to within 5 buck what I paid. At that difference, I'll take the little "ting" sound as long as it cycles consistently. Thanks for the explain.:)

I guess you meant magazines. ;)

The 30 rounders (even GI) often don't work right unless you have have the mag catch designed for them.

Of all the post-war rebuild Carbines that have passed through my hands only two of them had the Type 4 or "M2" magazine mag catch.

C034.jpg
Yes I did. I am used to my M1 Garand(Springfield Armory) with the 8 round en-bloc spring steel clips(BLING!). Now that M1 Garand is a weapon & a half & NEVER JAMBS! I know how to fully service it. As far as the carbine I just got it for warding off predators as that Garand is HEAVY & awkward to handle, especially @ night while trying to illuminate a target with the maglight between my left fingers & the stock. Where does one get these Type 4 &/or M2 mag catch's? Are they affordable??? Looks like a dove tail type of retention regarding installation?

Yes I did. I am used to my M1 Garand(Springfield Armory) with the 8 round en-bloc spring steel clips(BLING!). Now that M1 Garand is a weapon & a half & NEVER JAMBS! I know how to fully service it. As far as the carbine I just got it for warding off predators as that Garand is HEAVY & awkward to handle, especially @ night while trying to illuminate a target with the maglight between my left fingers & the stock.

Where does one get these Type 4 &/or M2 mag catch's? Are they affordable??? Looks like a dove tail type of retention regarding installation?
You can get them cheaper but here's one for $20.00.

Mag Catch, Type IV, M1 Carbine

Removal/Install.....1:35 - 3:45.....No need to take the whole trigger group apart just for the mag catch....Just be wary of the spring pressure so you don't lose the parts. I install them on all my postwar carbines.

The 30-round mags have a third point of contact on the left side of the mag where the 15-rounders have two points on the spine....Of course the Type 4 mag catch works with both kinds of mags.

You can see the third point and how the Type 4 catch engages it and helps stabilize it due to the increased weight of the mag and the 15 extra rounds.

Hope this helps.

mc 002 (2).JPG

Forum List

Back