So how much of the "infrastructure" bill will help 15% of Americans?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
$65 billion to expand broadband access for nearly 50 million elderly and children that couldn't use the internet!
As of 2020 over 85 percent of Americans have access to the internet
Among the largest online markets in the world, the United States ranks third with over 313 million active internet users nationwide. As a global hub of technological innovation and home to some of the world’s leading internet companies, the United States has increased its digital population for over two decades. Today, over 85 percent of Americans have access to the internet, many of whom could no longer imagine a life without it.

FACTS folks that evidently no one cares to know or apply!

More than access, our broadband infrastructure is an embarrassment.

Other countries had centralized broadband architecture that is efficient. We went about it piecemeal and patched a network together

I can use the internetz and I is elderly with a young person in the house...Just because yer like ninety doesn't mean we all are. Who post yer stuff a grandchild, nursing home attendant?

Out here in the country internetz is not everywhere and providers are far in between the many acres of land.

More than access, our broadband infrastructure is an embarrassment.

Other countries had centralized broadband architecture that is efficient. We went about it piecemeal and patched a network together
And sold operation districts at auction to companies that have no intention of building internetz infrastructure. My internet provider is 25 miles away, we suffer from slow upload speeds which deters employment at home.
Facts that Healthyhips seems to over look in his distaste for infrastructure expansion and renewal.

$65 billion to expand broadband access for nearly 50 million elderly and children that couldn't use the internet!
As of 2020 over 85 percent of Americans have access to the internet
Among the largest online markets in the world, the United States ranks third with over 313 million active internet users nationwide. As a global hub of technological innovation and home to some of the world’s leading internet companies, the United States has increased its digital population for over two decades. Today, over 85 percent of Americans have access to the internet, many of whom could no longer imagine a life without it.

FACTS folks that evidently no one cares to know or apply!

Expanding broadband access is a ruse. That $65 billion is going to big tech in return for helping Biden steal the election. Just as the biggest portion of Obama's bailouts and stimulus packages went to paying back those entities that helped him get elected.

This shouldn't come as a surprise. The Biden administration is nothing but warmed-over fecal material left over from the Obama administration. Many of Obama's former lackeys are even calling the shots from behind the curtains.

Last edited:
Expanding broadband access is a ruse. That $65 billion is going to big tech in return for helping Biden steal the election. Just as the biggest portion of Obama's bailouts and stimulus packages went to paying back those entities that helped him get elected.
That is how politics works Trump did the same while in office.

I can use the internetz and I is elderly with a young person in the house...Just because yer like ninety doesn't mean we all are. Who post yer stuff a grandchild, nursing home attendant?

Out here in the country internetz is not everywhere and providers are far in between the many acres of land.
and that bill will not put it where it's not.

My mother is 75 tomorrow and lives in a rural area..
She
  • Books Golf
  • Online shops
  • Click and Collect
  • Pays bill
  • Read articles
  • Plays Bridge
  • Video Calls
All on line and many other things..

But the biggest reason she needs a strong Internet (i.e. 50mb+ down 10mb up) is because my brother and sister can work from out home place... This means we can keep her company after my Dad passing away last year while still being able to work.

It also means her neighbours kids don't need to get jobs in a city and they can work remote... People have the option live in the place they grew up with there friends and family while working remotely... This is huge, go to the places left behind, old mining towns and you see there kids had to leave to get work...

Broadband access is discussed in Europe as human right and the Government should make it so nobody has to leave a place they live because they can't get access...

Good point! This will be just like this program:

Free Government Cell Phones: Plans, Devices, How to Apply​

Thanks to the government’s Lifeline Assistanceprogram, you can qualify for free cell phones and inexpensive cell phone plans. For those of you who struggle making your cell phone payment every month, this government program was made for you

we estimate that the number of free government cell phones is currently below 12,000,000.

This is huge, go to the places left behind, old mining towns and you see there kids had to leave to get work...
you think if they had internet there wouldn't be ghost towns? Abandon cities? Tell PA that.

And sold operation districts at auction to companies that have no intention of building internetz infrastructure. My internet provider is 25 miles away, we suffer from slow upload speeds which deters employment at home.
Facts that Healthyhips seems to over look in his distaste for infrastructure expansion and renewal.
Every cable operator or mom and pop operation won contracts and sole monopoly in their area

It is a joke

Good point! This will be just like this program:

Free Government Cell Phones: Plans, Devices, How to Apply​

Thanks to the government’s Lifeline Assistanceprogram, you can qualify for free cell phones and inexpensive cell phone plans. For those of you who struggle making your cell phone payment every month, this government program was made for you

we estimate that the number of free government cell phones is currently below 12,000,000.
You can also get a tablet for ten bucks.

Can you show me in the bill how it won't?
for exactly the reasons Cowboy Ted posted. The current infrastructure is too slow. I work in the industry. Service providers aren't opening new office locations in bumfck eqypt. The phone industry must have glass in the ground for the internet to be available.

I agree with you that this happened under Trump...initially.

But one of the best illustrations of how Trump with his business man approach, i.e. cut rules and regulations that create these issues.
Facts regarding rules and regulations:
The Trump administration on Wednesday reported $23 billion in savings from 176 deregulatory actions in fiscal year 2018. Even more consequential, the administration has issued 65 percent fewer “significant” rules—those with costs that exceed $100 million a year—than the Obama administration, and 51 percent fewer than the Bush administration, after 22 months in office.
And this is the cost to Americans for proliferating rules and regulations!

Federal Regulations Cost an Estimated $1.9 Trillion per Year: Many Rules Hinder Virus Response, Economic Recovery​

Do you mean like Solynra, and the 35 other "green energy" companies Obama gave tax money? Companies who supported him during his election, then took the money and went bankrupt?

List: The 36 Obama-Funded Green Energy Failures… | Weasel Zippers

President Trump never did anything on this big of a scale. Plus there was the GM bailout, that payed back the auto union labor bosses, as well as Obama's other "stimulus" packages that never created an shovel-ready jobs.

I agree with you that this happened under Trump...initially.

But one of the best illustrations of how Trump with his business man approach, i.e. cut rules and regulations that create these issues.
Facts regarding rules and regulations:
The Trump administration on Wednesday reported $23 billion in savings from 176 deregulatory actions in fiscal year 2018. Even more consequential, the administration has issued 65 percent fewer “significant” rules—those with costs that exceed $100 million a year—than the Obama administration, and 51 percent fewer than the Bush administration, after 22 months in office.
And this is the cost to Americans for proliferating rules and regulations!

Federal Regulations Cost an Estimated $1.9 Trillion per Year: Many Rules Hinder Virus Response, Economic Recovery​

All told, President Trump’s attacks on regulations that ensure workers are paid overtime; protect retirees from unscrupulous financial advisers; and ensure that people pay less at the pump could cost Americans up to almost $42 billion per year.

Trump’s own budget office admits Obama-era regulations brought billions in benefits

Forum List

Back