So here's what I think happened between Kavanaugh & Ford

Having spent four fairly boozy years in college, having been to my share of college parties, and just having a fundamental understanding of that environment, here's what I think happened.

I think he was drunk and he dry humped her for "fun". Stupid, sophomoric, thoughtless, "fun". The mix of booze, testosterone and adrenaline can make a young guy do some pretty stupid shit, and you can DOUBLE that when a buddy is there. He and his buddy laughed about it, and maybe she hid her horror by not acting like she had been attacked. Ask them about it a week later, and they may or may not have remembered it.

Different people (men and women) are sensitive to entirely different things. Clearly this really, profoundly hurt Ford, even though he was clowning around. It wasn't a rape, it wasn't an attempted rape, it was a short, stupid, ignorant act by a drunk kid who was showing off and should have fucking known better. Some women would have laughed it off, some would not, and there is no right or wrong response to it.

Should that disqualify any candidate, three decades later, nominated by a President from either party, for the Supreme Court? Not in my book, but it certainly provides a pretty good excuse for partisans of the opposite party nowadays.

My two cents. Yours?

In his book, Mark Judge describes one of his acquaintances at the time, someone named “Bart O’Kavanaugh,” who vomited in a car after a party.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ged-kavanaugh-assault/?utm_term=.0d1d8c0021f7

Judge's book is entitled "Wasted: Tales of a Gen X Drunk." Judge is a recovering alcoholic.

In one passage of the book in a chapter titled "A Functioning Alcoholic," senior year students, including Judge, lamented the news that they would be spending Sundays during their senior year doing community service.

"'We have to do something,' I said. 'They can't get away with this our senior year.'
"'What are we going to do?' Shane said, laughing. 'Drink a hundred kegs and brag about it?'
"No one laughed. For a second, no one even spoke. 'It's brilliant,' I said."
Judge and his high school buddies went on to create a newspaper called the Heretic, a riff on their school newspaper the Saint. One of the main objectives of the paper, as laid out by Judge in the book, was to chronicle "the 100-keg quest and everything that happened on the way."
According to his book, Judge and his friends continued to publish and anonymously distribute the paper on campus, with a continued emphasis on the 100-keg quest in the pages. Judge wrote that by March of his senior year, the keg count was "into the mid-eighties."
In "Wasted," Judge also describes an exchange with a young woman at a party when talk arose of a friend who puked in a car.
"Do you know Bart O'Kavanaugh?"
"Yeah. He's around here somewhere."
"I heard he puked in someone's car the other night."
"Yeah. He passed out on his way back from a party."

Mark Judge details senior year at Georgetown Prep with Kavanaugh - CNNPolitics

It is relatively easy task to find out if there was a classmate of Judge's named Bart O'Kavanaugh along with his friend Brett Kavanaugh. That would be a remarkable coincidence.
I'd imagine it's him, or a reasonable facsimile of him.

Good looking, beer-drinking college sports star? Yeah, as I recall, they pretty much wrote the rules.

Having spent four fairly boozy years in college, having been to my share of college parties, and just having a fundamental understanding of that environment, here's what I think happened.

I think he was drunk and he dry humped her for "fun". Stupid, sophomoric, thoughtless, "fun". The mix of booze, testosterone and adrenaline can make a young guy do some pretty stupid shit, and you can DOUBLE that when a buddy is there. He and his buddy laughed about it, and maybe she hid her horror by not acting like she had been attacked. Ask them about it a week later, and they may or may not have remembered it.

Different people (men and women) are sensitive to entirely different things. Clearly this really, profoundly hurt Ford, even though he was clowning around. It wasn't a rape, it wasn't an attempted rape, it was a short, stupid, ignorant act by a drunk kid who was showing off and should have fucking known better. Some women would have laughed it off, some would not, and there is no right or wrong response to it.

Should that disqualify any candidate, three decades later, nominated by a President from either party, for the Supreme Court? Not in my book, but it certainly provides a pretty good excuse for partisans of the opposite party nowadays.

My two cents. Yours?

He pushed her into a room and locked the door behind them. He held his hand over her mouth to muffle her screams.

That’s sexual assault.
------------------------------------------- if so , it shoulda be reported to police LLarfer .

And I keep forgetting to mention, aside from the deliberate misstatements like "they all said it didn't happen" --- there's the calendar Kavanaugh brought up at the beginning. Meticulously organized, he showed it off as documenting where he was on a given date in the summer of 1982.

Still in his opening statement he then established a premise that "'presumably'" this happened on a weekend", and proceeded to list his weekend activities for the entire summer in a process of elimination, to establish that he could not have been in the place and time.

Notice that he uses the term "presumably" to direct attention to the weekend and establish a premise that Ford did not establish. This directs attention TO the weekends and AWAY FROM the weekdays, about which he said nothing.

Yet there is his own entry for July 1st listing a social and drinking event involving the same names that Ford, who had no access to Kavanaugh's calendar, had already named. July 1st 1982 was a Thursday --- a weekday. And that evening would have been the entry point to the July 4th weekend.

Finally, notice that this calendar date and its entries, first observed by Rachel Mitchell the Republican attorney, became the last question Mitchell was permitted to ask, followed by a quick recess and upon return the hissyfit redirect by Lindesy Graham, the first Republican Senator to speak for himself after which his other party colleagues proceeded to paraphrase him. Rachel Mitchell never got to say another word. In other words the spotlight was taken off the weekday date of July 1st.

--- All of which gives pause to wonder why Kavanaugh immediately upon presenting his calendar, tried to direct attention to "weekends" and away from "weekdays".

Maybe

But I think it was more than just a dry hump for fun

He tried to remove her clothes but she had a bathing suit on underneath and he gave up
Prove it, asshole.

AM I THE ONLY ONE who has noticed the ring around Chrissy's throat?

View attachment 219298

What is that?
  1. Residual marks left from her B&D sex collar removed for the hearing?
  2. Deliberately put there to subliminally make her appear more the "victim?"
  3. Leftover choke marks from her husband after pleading with the psycho liberal bitch not to go through with this crap failed?
I want this to end up with Brett on the Supreme Court, Feinstein impeached and Chrissy Ford counter-sued for one million dollars.

A face lift and is definitely due for another.

Bottom line: SHE ASKED FOR IT.

Wow, just wow.
shakehead.gif

Seems like we'll never get the knuckledraggers to pick up their knuckles. On behalf of males everywhere to females I apologize for those too dense to understand that they need to.

Yeah, clinging on to the old innocent until proven guilty thing, is so fucking yesterday. FU

----------------------------------------------- and thats the only thing that matters OKTex .

As far as him being worthy to sit on the Supreme Court based on Ford's story or Mac's version above, that does not even matter anymore....

Kavanaugh disqualified himself, in the hearing on Thursday showing that he is not up for the job.

He was unhinged, belligerent, un-respectful, partisan, biased, loud, cocky, and is going to be lucky to still have a job after that performance in the hearing.

A jurist/judge can not be like he was on Thursday.... he simply does not qualify as an objective, impartial, independent jurist/judge....after his partisan rant bull crap.... he should have known better.... and he misjudged the situation with thinking it did not matter how he acted, he was going to get this job...

He showed his cards Thursday, that he was simply a partisan Politico.... and none of us needs that on the Supreme Court... it actually is an impeachable offense in our history of judicial impeachments...

He also lacked Candor in the hearing and flat out lied about him and friends being 18 when drinking senior year.... he was 17 at the time of the party on his calendar and would not be 18 for another 6 months.... why did he have to LIE about that, something so small, that we all did at 17, or many of us did at 17?

That also is a reason for his disqualification to be a Justice.... he is not honest.... yes, all on the smallest of things, which is just bat shit crazy for him to lie or lack candor on.... it makes no sense, yet he still felt the need to lie?

Please pick another conservative Judge on your list as a nominee... otherwise you are wasting your time and losing your common sense, if you keep backing Kavanaugh for this position... imo.

Just how the hell would you act if you'd been put through the hell he and his family has?

He was perfectly right to be emotional and angry. And, in no way does it disqualify him to sit on the Supreme Court. If anything, it shows his humanity, an important factor in someone determining the fate of a nation.

Wow, just wow.
shakehead.gif

Seems like we'll never get the knuckledraggers to pick up their knuckles. On behalf of males everywhere to females I apologize for those too dense to understand that they need to.
What do we need to do, shut up?

Don't apologize for us.

So basically right above we have one knuckledragger blaming the victim with "she asked for it" (in clueless all-caps no less) and calling for said victim to be "countersued",. presumably after setting somebody up to sue her first --- and a second knuckledragger who holds that a man can do anything he wants to a woman as long as he claims the status of "blotto".

That is why y'all need an apology.

Pogo

The way the definition reads, she sued him for attempted rape by sending Finkstein a letter asking for redress. It doesn't have to be for money; it could be for a public apology. If her charge is false he could counter sue for defamation of character. Being a judge he would know the ropes. As for her being a college educated Doctor of Brain Function, she screwed up by not consulting a lawyer before sending that pathetic letter to Finklestein. She obviously didn't plan better.

sue
/so͞o/

verb
  • 1.institute legal proceedings against (a person or institution), typically for redress:"she is to sue the baby's father"synonyms:take legal action against, take to court, bring an action against, bring a suit against, proceed against, ... more
  • 2.appeal formally to a person for something:"the rebels were forced to sue for peace"synonyms:appeal, petition, ask, beg, plead, ... more
Powered by Oxford Dictionaries

My two cents. Yours?

In his book, Mark Judge describes one of his acquaintances at the time, someone named “Bart O’Kavanaugh,” who vomited in a car after a party.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ged-kavanaugh-assault/?utm_term=.0d1d8c0021f7

Judge's book is entitled "Wasted: Tales of a Gen X Drunk." Judge is a recovering alcoholic.

In one passage of the book in a chapter titled "A Functioning Alcoholic," senior year students, including Judge, lamented the news that they would be spending Sundays during their senior year doing community service.

"'We have to do something,' I said. 'They can't get away with this our senior year.'
"'What are we going to do?' Shane said, laughing. 'Drink a hundred kegs and brag about it?'
"No one laughed. For a second, no one even spoke. 'It's brilliant,' I said."
Judge and his high school buddies went on to create a newspaper called the Heretic, a riff on their school newspaper the Saint. One of the main objectives of the paper, as laid out by Judge in the book, was to chronicle "the 100-keg quest and everything that happened on the way."
According to his book, Judge and his friends continued to publish and anonymously distribute the paper on campus, with a continued emphasis on the 100-keg quest in the pages. Judge wrote that by March of his senior year, the keg count was "into the mid-eighties."
In "Wasted," Judge also describes an exchange with a young woman at a party when talk arose of a friend who puked in a car.
"Do you know Bart O'Kavanaugh?"
"Yeah. He's around here somewhere."
"I heard he puked in someone's car the other night."
"Yeah. He passed out on his way back from a party."

Mark Judge details senior year at Georgetown Prep with Kavanaugh - CNNPolitics

It is relatively easy task to find out if there was a classmate of Judge's named Bart O'Kavanaugh along with his friend Brett Kavanaugh. That would be a remarkable coincidence.
I'd imagine it's him, or a reasonable facsimile of him.

Good looking, beer-drinking college sports star? Yeah, as I recall, they pretty much wrote the rules.

It's a fairly sure bet that "Bart O'Kavanaugh" is not a parody of "Y.A. Tittle". Or even "Bart Starr".

The patronym "O" isn't used with a surname anyway AFAIK --- it's affixed to a first name (O'Brien, "son of Brian"; O'Donnel, "son of Domhnall" (Donald) etc). So the "O" element may be counted as a contrivation.

My two cents. Yours?
She was as likely to be a black out drunk as anyone else. Perhaps she got her slut on at that party after getting hammered and he wasn't even there. Perhaps she didn't. In the end I think this whole circus is a damn joke and is irrelevant to me.

No one will ever know the truth. He said she said. Two lives turned upside down. And for what? So the left could score some political points.

My two cents. Yours?
Before talking about what Kavanaugh might have done at the party, it might be well to establish that he was at the party. So far no one except Ford, whose memories are sketchy at best, remembers him being at the party. Kavanaugh by all reports was a very popular student, on the football team and a class leader, it is very strange that of the twenty people Ford named as being at the party, not one of them remembers seeing Kavanaugh there. There is exactly the same amount of evidence that this is all a disturbed fantasy of Ford's as that anything happened to her with Kavanaugh or anyone else.

Wow, just wow.
shakehead.gif

What do we need to do, shut up?

Don't apologize for us.

So basically right above we have one knuckledragger blaming the victim with "she asked for it" (in clueless all-caps no less) and calling for said victim to be "countersued",. presumably after setting somebody up to sue her first --- and a second knuckledragger who holds that a man can do anything he wants to a woman as long as he claims the status of "blotto".

That is why y'all need an apology.

Pogo

The way the definition reads, she sued him for attempted rape by sending Finkstein a letter asking for redress. It doesn't have to be for money; it could be for a public apology. If her charge is false he could counter sue for defamation of character. Being a judge he would know the ropes. As for her being a college educated Doctor of Brain Function, she screwed up by not consulting a lawyer before sending that pathetic letter to Finklestein. She obviously didn't plan better.

sue
/so͞o/

verb
  • 1.institute legal proceedings against (a person or institution), typically for redress:"she is to sue the baby's father"synonyms:take legal action against, take to court, bring an action against, bring a suit against, proceed against, ... more
  • 2.appeal formally to a person for something:"the rebels were forced to sue for peace"synonyms:appeal, petition, ask, beg, plead, ... more