So did Trump use campaign contributions to fund his Harvey donation?

I think the whole reason Trump declared he was running in 2020 shortly after he was elected was so that he could soak up all that campaign cash and get the GOP to pay for his Russia probe legal expenses. So far, the GOP has paid for around 231,000 of his legal fees.
funding from americans who gave to the legal fees. You can direct the funds if you didn't know.

Normally, presidents use their campaign contributions for stuff like checking out voting laws, or getting legal advice on how to run their election campaign.

Trump is the first one to use campaign contributions to pay for legal fees in a criminal investigation.

I'm guessing there is a frantic burst of googling right now trying to find a Clinton comparison lol.

Using the 'reasoning' of the people who say that Planned Parenthood pays for abortions with government money,

I'd say the answer is yes...

Donations...as in not taxpayer funded.

Run planned parenthood off of voluntary donations, we'll have zero issues.

yes you would. and like always, you'd be wrong.

I wouldn't be wrong since I didn't use my argument. I used the 'money is fungible' argument that the anti-abortionists, probably you included,

use against Planned Parenthood getting federal funds.
but you're still wrong.

Trump got campaign contributions that he used to pay his own legal fees.
It's the butt hurt speaking. Get over it FFS!

Leave poor Donald alone!!!! waaaaaa...

It is truly amazing how many RWnuts on this forum think Trump should not be criticized for ANYTHING.
Deal with it! He's been president for 8 months and he will be for 7 more years.

It's for your own good.

No Meathead, Trump has actually used around 231,000 dollars of GOP campaign funds so far to pay for his Russian probe legal fees. It's not butthurt.

But, you sound like you have a serious case of head in the sand.

Yes he has done this, but it is not illegal from all that I have read. Sleazy and underhanded but not illegal.

Using the 'reasoning' of the people who say that Planned Parenthood pays for abortions with government money,

Donations...as in not taxpayer funded.

Run planned parenthood off of donations, we'll have zero issues.

The accusation is that PP uses government funds for abortions, on the argument, simply put, that all the money going to PP supposedly goes into the same pot.

Why is that different from Trump's 'pot'?

I wouldn't be wrong since I didn't use my argument. I used the 'money is fungible' argument that the anti-abortionists, probably you included,

but you're still wrong.

nope, he never asked for a dime. he doesn't even take a salary as president. you're so clueless, you have no mind.

No Meathead, Trump has actually used around 231,000 dollars of GOP campaign funds so far to pay for his Russian probe legal fees. It's not butthurt.

Yes he has done this, but it is not illegal from all that I have read. Sleazy and underhanded but not illegal.
he never asked for money, the GOP was asked to pay it. I just posted the article you slackers.

Last edited:

but you're still wrong.

It is truly amazing how many RWnuts on this forum think Trump should not be criticized for ANYTHING.
well the acts are he isn't using anything. he never asked for any money. the GOP was asked by supporters to cover the costs. so fking learn something once already.

he is not using it, the GOP was asked to pay it. I just posted the article you slackers.

So you reject the anti-PP argument that PP uses government funds for abortions? The one your RW pals love to make?

but you're still wrong.

well the acts are he isn't using anything. he never asked for any money. the GOP was asked by supporters to cover the costs. so fking learn something once already.

On whose say-so are you attaching the label of gospel to that????

but you're still wrong.

On whose say-so are you attaching the label of gospel to that????
I posted it already asshat.

he is not using it, the GOP was asked to pay it. I just posted the article you slackers.

Really? He's not using it?

NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump is using money donated to his re-election campaign and the Republican National Committee to pay for his lawyers in the probe of alleged Russian interference in the U.S. election, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters.

Following Reuters exclusive report on Tuesday, CNN reported that the Republican National Committee paid in August more than $230,000 to cover some of Trump’s legal fees related to the probe.

RNC spokesperson Cassie Smedile confirmed to Reuters that Trump’s lead lawyer, John Dowd, received $100,000 from the RNC and that the RNC also paid $131,250 to the Constitutional Litigation and Advocacy Group, the law firm where Jay Sekulow, another of Trump’s lawyers, is a partner.

Trump using campaign, RNC funds to pay legal bills from Russia probe: sources

I would actually be impressed if Clinton used her Foundation to donate to the Hurricane Harvey disaster...

Not likely.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump is using money donated to his re-election campaign and the Republican National Committee to pay for his lawyers in the probe of alleged Russian interference in the U.S. election, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters.

Following Reuters exclusive report on Tuesday, CNN reported that the Republican National Committee paid in August more than $230,000 to cover some of Trump’s legal fees related to the probe.

RNC spokesperson Cassie Smedile confirmed to Reuters that Trump’s lead lawyer, John Dowd, received $100,000 from the RNC and that the RNC also paid $131,250 to the Constitutional Litigation and Advocacy Group, the law firm where Jay Sekulow, another of Trump’s lawyers, is a partner.

ok correction, he hasn't asked for it, but he is using what was donated. yep.

ouch, bet that left a mark or two ...

not much, I can admit a mistake. only a good person can admit mistakes. he never asked for it, the RNC donated it based on urging from trump supporters.

not much, I can admit a mistake. only a good person can admit mistakes. he never asked for it, the RNC donated it based on urging from trump supporters.

The RNC donated the funds because of Trump supporters? Are you really that stupid, or did you forget that the RNC gave campaign money to Trump because HE WAS THEIR CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT!?!?!?!??!

The RNC donated the funds because of Trump supporters? Are you really that stupid, or did you forget that the RNC gave campaign money to Trump because HE WAS THEIR CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT!?!?!?!??!
well fk, I posted the article earlier in this thread. why don't you fking read it. post #15.

Forum List

Back