Snooki gets $2K more than author Toni Morrison to appear at Rutgers

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxKjga305cY&feature=related]YouTube - Snooki Want Smoosh Smoosh[/ame]

Mandatory student activity fees are part of the tuition. Tuition is subsidized by the taxpayers. Let's not split hairs.

I was a semi-active member of Ramblin Rose productions. We hosted Bob Weir my last year. That is talent. Oh and we SOLD tickets to pay for the show.

One of the comments on the artice said it all. "It's official. College is now high school" Truer words...
I see, you feel that since it is a state university the state should choose who the students have for entertainment. I guess comedy is a no-no. How sad.

Snooki.gif

I have no idea who that is, but my gut tells me the tickets were not free and Killah may have talent.

And Ang - Snookie has had her 15 mins. It's been three years! Ugh!

George Zoffinger, who is at the end of his term as a member of the Rutgers Board of Governors, said the national publicity about Snooki’s appearance damaged the state university’s image.

"You build a university to have a reputation to help kids get good jobs. Today, it’s a laughingstock — it’s Snooki U. We should be outraged," Zoffinger said.

Rutgers officials make no apologies for 'Jersey Shore' star Snooki's $32K appearance on campus | NJ.com

How sad. Rutgers destroyed by Snooki. How many students have ruined their lives by being on the committee that hired light-hearted entertainment for their school?

I personally would not send my kids to a college that doesn't let students have a tiny bit of control over what entertainment they hire and instead relies on the state to decide.

Ha ha ravi. You may want to rethink that statement. When selecting a college, I highly doubt looking into the bylaws of student activity groups, might be at the top of the lisr. Just some friendly advice from someone who has een through the tortuous process twice.

My son was accepted to Rutgers. He will not be attending simply because they don't give a shit about whether students pass or fail. That's something that was important to us. Entertainment was not a factor.

How sad. Rutgers destroyed by Snooki. How many students have ruined their lives by being on the committee that hired light-hearted entertainment for their school?

I personally would not send my kids to a college that doesn't let students have a tiny bit of control over what entertainment they hire and instead relies on the state to decide.

And they had so much going for them after Imus called the Women's Basketball team "Nappy Headed Hoes."

This just goes to show the epic failure of parenting skills.

We have children that have never been punished raising children that were never punished.

And some of us are shocked that a Nobel winner gets less money and attention at a College, than a drunken TV whore.

Don't be, we are still going down hill.
So Snooki is better at negotiating a contract...why is this such a big deal. Doesn't Palin get even more and she's just an attention whore.

To the left she's an attention whore.
To the right she's a voice for sanity and a major threat to the Democrat base.

Can't have some pretty conservative woman setting a good example of a reasonable political alternative for women. Count Michelle Bachman in that class as well. The witch was another.

Don't get me started on all of the conservative blacks the left has trashed in the same fashion.

We have children that have never been punished raising children that were never punished.

And some of us are shocked that a Nobel winner gets less money and attention at a College, than a drunken TV whore.

So Snooki is better at negotiating a contract...why is this such a big deal. Doesn't Palin get even more and she's just an attention whore.

To the left she's an attention whore.

Can't have some pretty conservative woman setting a good example of a reasonable political alternative for women. Count Michelle Bachman in that class as well. The witch was another.

Don't get me started on all of the conservative blacks the left has trashed in the same fashion.

Well that's the thing now isn't it. They're not reasonable, they're flat out stupid, and it's people like my 12-year old Nephew whom it's even obvious to........ that the "left," (which really it's not the left, most a-political people have the sense that she's a moron)isn't "askured" of her, they're oblivious to how people cannot see how fucking dumb the woman is. That's truth.

Snooki is a voice for sanity for the Right.

That sounds like a joke I would make.

Last month, Rutgers officials said they had booked Morrison — author of "Beloved," "Song of Solomon" and other novels — to speak in a 52,000-seat football stadium at commencement in May. She will be paid $30,000, marking the first time Rutgers has written a check for a graduation speaker.

Snooki's appearance at Rutgers met with mixed reactions from students Snooki's appearance at Rutgers met with mixed reactions from students Over 1,000 Rutgers students lined the Livingston Student Center to see MTV's Snooki in a question and answer session. The Jersey Shore reality star 'sold out' two separate sessions but admission was free on a first come, first serve basis. Students waited in line as early as 1pm for an 8pm start. The Rutgers University Programming Association paid $32,000 for Snooki's appearance.

Tonight, Rutgers students said they had also made a big-name booking. Snooki — the "Jersey Shore" star whose real name is Nicole Polizzi — appeared at two question-and-answer sessions at the Livingston Student Center in Piscataway.

Her fee: $32,000

Unlike Morrison, who was booked by university officials, a student-run committee invited Snooki. The Rutgers University Programming Association paid the reality star using the mandatory student activity fees undergraduates must pay with their tuition.

When asked what her advice was for Rutgers students, she said: "Study hard, but party harder."

Snooki of 'Jersey Shore' gets $2K more than author Toni Morrison to appear at Rutgers | NJ.com

Speechless... :cuckoo:

Apparently Governor Christie's cultural revolution in Jersey is having more impact than we've been giving it credit for.

Last month, Rutgers officials said they had booked Morrison — author of "Beloved," "Song of Solomon" and other novels — to speak in a 52,000-seat football stadium at commencement in May. She will be paid $30,000, marking the first time Rutgers has written a check for a graduation speaker.

Snooki's appearance at Rutgers met with mixed reactions from students Snooki's appearance at Rutgers met with mixed reactions from students Over 1,000 Rutgers students lined the Livingston Student Center to see MTV's Snooki in a question and answer session. The Jersey Shore reality star 'sold out' two separate sessions but admission was free on a first come, first serve basis. Students waited in line as early as 1pm for an 8pm start. The Rutgers University Programming Association paid $32,000 for Snooki's appearance.

Tonight, Rutgers students said they had also made a big-name booking. Snooki — the "Jersey Shore" star whose real name is Nicole Polizzi — appeared at two question-and-answer sessions at the Livingston Student Center in Piscataway.

Her fee: $32,000

Unlike Morrison, who was booked by university officials, a student-run committee invited Snooki. The Rutgers University Programming Association paid the reality star using the mandatory student activity fees undergraduates must pay with their tuition.

When asked what her advice was for Rutgers students, she said: "Study hard, but party harder."

Snooki of 'Jersey Shore' gets $2K more than author Toni Morrison to appear at Rutgers | NJ.com

Speechless... :cuckoo:

What a joke. The world has gone mad.

Update:

New Jersey's public universities students would have to "opt in" to paying for student events — like last week's appearance by "Jersey Shore" star Snooki at Rutgers University — under new legislation Sen. Joe Kyrillos is preparing to propose in the state Senate.

Kyrillos (R-Monmouth/Middlesex) said students at state colleges and universities should have a clearer choice of whether they want to pay for student-planned events that carry fees.

Kyrillos described Snooki as "a degenerate reality television star who offers neither useful advice nor any appreciable talents."

State senator wants N.J. students to 'opt in' to paying activity fees following Snooki's Rutgers visit | NJ.com

While I concur with Sen. Kyrillo's statement, I do believe this legislation is a wee bit opportunistic. :lol:

Forum List

Back