SNL Last Night This is So Funny

Many of the old original skits, which were the best ever, couldn't pass muster in today's hyper politically correct cancel culture world.
SNL wouldn't dare air them today ... :cool:

They could be more honest like with the Richard Pryor/Dan Ackroyd sketch.

Wrong!

SNL hasn't been funny since the 1980s.

It is to people who haven't gotten old, bitter, and lost their sense of humor. Lighten up, Francis.

SNL has been talentless drek since the 1980s. People with a sense of humor watch stuff that is actually funny.

Those filthy ass New York Libtards actually think that demeaning and ridiculing the best President this country ever had is funny.

They think in their circle of demented TDS afflicted New York/Hollywood idiot Moon Bat friends it is but not to Americans.

That skit is nothing more than a caricature of how the Left actually SEE the two candidates. Of course, their characterization of Trump had little to do with what really happened and HOW it happened that night, while Bidens was a little closer but essentially HARMLESS (to their cause of voting for him).

What's really SAD and offensive about this skit is the general willingness of the viewer to be content to remember the debate that way rather than what really transpired. Sad considering they are deciding on one of these men being the future leader of our country.

Joe Biden is at best a ONE-TERM president-- -- there is NO CHANCE he will run for or hold a 2nd term. There's a good chance he won't even finish the first! What if Joe gets Covid sometime these next four years? The man is finished, done. If you elect Joe Biden into office, you are essentially voting for Kamela Harris. Think about that.

I watched this and laughed the most of the way through.

They nailed. Jim Carry was so good as Biden. Maya Rudolph was excellent as Kamala Harris.

Enjoy!

Too bad it is total fiction almost the exact opposite of what really happened. Wallace read NO rules at the onset of the debate. It wasn't Trump who kept interrupting, especially at the onset, it was Biden and even Wallace for nearly the first full 20 minutes! At that point, Trump probably figured that he might as well do as well and join in if he was ever going to get anything he wanted to say in. After that it just fell apart as Wallace interrupted Trump more and more forcing Trump to become more combattive in his defense.

There was nothing funny about the skit other than the fact that it just perpetuates the stereotypes the left WANT to believe, and so become even more believable to them now that they have seen them perpetuated yet one more time.

I dare you to prove me wrong by going back and actually watching what happened and taking careful notes as I did.

It's comedy, not historical record.

No, it's political subterfuge disguised as comedy. It is the impression that they WANT you to believe actually happened. I mean, look at the number of people in this thread who actually said how ACCURATE it was! It wasn't even within a MILE of what actually happened! Not even a good caricature of it.

I'm firmly in support of Trump, but I felt he would have served himself better by showing restraint a few times. However, given the circumstances, I thought he did a pretty good job. Much better than Biden.

That being said, it was satire/comedy and I snickered some. There are people who will believe almost anything. The earth is flat.. the mothership is coming... Democrats ain't racist. All kinds of wild stuff out there and some of it's hilarious.

Did you think the portrayal of Biden was positive?

Jim Carrey= one trick pony.
He's been riding it for about 40 years and an equal amount of movies. Now, the one-trick pony is selling paintings and giving art shows.

John Wayne was a one trick pony, and makes Carreys career look sick.

Neither Wayne nor Carrey seem to be able to break the mold(y) schtick they get paid for.

Art shows?

If they weren't political, they wouldn't be worth the price of the paint he used.

Those filthy ass New York Libtards actually think that demeaning and ridiculing the best President this country ever had is funny.

Crying-baby-010.jpg

They nailed. Jim Carry was so good as Biden. Maya Rudolph was excellent as Kamala Harris.

Enjoy!

Too bad it is total fiction almost the exact opposite of what really happened. Wallace read NO rules at the onset of the debate. It wasn't Trump who kept interrupting, especially at the onset, it was Biden and even Wallace for nearly the first full 20 minutes! At that point, Trump probably figured that he might as well do as well and join in if he was ever going to get anything he wanted to say in. After that it just fell apart as Wallace interrupted Trump more and more forcing Trump to become more combattive in his defense.

There was nothing funny about the skit other than the fact that it just perpetuates the stereotypes the left WANT to believe, and so become even more believable to them now that they have seen them perpetuated yet one more time.

I dare you to prove me wrong by going back and actually watching what happened and taking careful notes as I did.

:cuckoo:

At 1:04:00 is Wallace reading the rules you calim he didn't read...

And between about 1:06:00 - 1:26:00, the first 20 minutes, the following interruptions were made:

Trump ..... 24
Biden ....... 8
Wallace ... 4

It really wasn't necessary for you to once again show the forum how out of touch with reality you are, but thanks for doing it anyway.

Enjoy!

It's comedy, not historical record.

No, it's political subterfuge disguised as comedy. It is the impression that they WANT you to believe actually happened. I mean, look at the number of people in this thread who actually said how ACCURATE it was! It wasn't even within a MILE of what actually happened! Not even a good caricature of it.

I'm firmly in support of Trump, but I felt he would have served himself better by showing restraint a few times. However, given the circumstances, I thought he did a pretty good job. Much better than Biden.

That being said, it was satire/comedy and I snickered some. There are people who will believe almost anything. The earth is flat.. the mothership is coming... Democrats ain't racist. All kinds of wild stuff out there and some of it's hilarious.

Did you think the portrayal of Biden was positive?

No, but the left will laugh at that portrayal, inaccurate as it was as well, but still vote for him because they REALLY SEE Trump as BEING just like that skit portrayed. Actually worse.

And maybe I'm extra sensitized to it because THE SKIT MADE NO MENTION OF THE ROLE WALLACE PLAYED. Going back and carefully re-watching the debate and keeping notes, Wallace actually protected Biden and was decidedly hostile and antagonistic towards Trump. Wallace clearly has a thing against Trump and often interfered in the debate when it came to Trump's ability to answer questions!

But what REALLY set me off was this morning, I saw Wallace again POUNDING Trump on TV, hammering him under the assumption that Trump's resistance to wearing a mask is why he got infected when he doesn't know that at all. Football players are under the tightest of restraints right now to stay Covid-free for the season, yet the whole Tennessee Titans team just got sick!

But what gets me about the skit is that while making a show of the bad behavior of the candidates, they just as inaccurately portrayed Wallace's contribution as if he was a non-participant in the melee when Wallace actually CAUSED it.

Then on TV this morning amidst everything else, Wallace came up with the incredible lie that Trump interrupted Him 145 times! What was Wallace doing that Trump could interrupt him 145 times? The moderator is supposed to just ASK A QUESTION, not be PART OF THE DEBATE.

I subtracted the 17 minutes that Trump did nothing but answer questions, remembered that both Trump and Biden had about equal speaking time and figured out that about 12-15 minutes (maybe 13 minutes) was spent with Wallace speaking. For Trump to interrupt Wallace 145 times, Trump would have had to interrupt Wallace EVERY FIVE SECONDS. :smoke:

Do even Trump haters believe Trump cut Wallace off every FIVE SECONDS over a 90 minute period?

I wonder if Wallace understands that in a debate, people come there chiefly to HEAR THE CANDIDATES, not the moderator, and maybe when the president speaks, even if a few seconds out of time, turn or not quite on topic, he should just SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LISTEN.

Clearly, Chris Wallace was far more interested in impressing the world with his moderation, even if it came at the expense of the president, than he was in America getting the best and most from the two candidates!

Last edited:
BTW, in talking of funny skits, if people need a realignment on what real humor USED to be like: this is FUNNY:

Johnny Carson used to make jokes about politicians that were funny without any underlying injurious intent, something that now totally escapes CBS and NBC who nightly attempt to HARM Trump's presidency by mocking and ridiculing him with obvious contempt and politically motivated lies.

They try too hard and have little real talent. Any show that relies on puke skits and other disgusting shticks is crap.

Not bad.

I was a little disappointed with Jim Carrey's impression of Biden. Not as funny as I was hoping for.

Biden is kind of boring though, so it's hard to spice up his character to make it funny, imo.

Many of the old original skits, which were the best ever, couldn't pass muster in today's hyper politically correct cancel culture world.
SNL wouldn't dare air them today ... :cool:

They skewered everybody; Jimmy Carter, Bob Dole, Reagan, Mondale, Perot, Pat Schroeder, all of them. Now they're just venal and nasty.

Enjoy!

Last night was good too.

Remember the cartoon skit on snl called ex presidents? I think Robert smigel wrote them. I hope they come back next year with trump being a new ex president.

My friends republican parents have COVID. No I don’t want them to die. Not the same as when trump got it. I don’t hate republicans I just disagree with them socially and fiscally. I believe republicans have cost me money over the years but despite that I’m still a success. Not a lot of people can say that. Were you a little better off in 2019 than you were in 2015? Maybe. But still the middle class wasn’t in 2019 what it was in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Slowly the middle class got poorer as the republicans cut taxes and made the rich richer

Forum List

Back