Smokin' supper...mmm....

Mmm...four and a half hours...does that look good or what?

IMAG0261-1_zpsaf34b14c.jpg

Simmered up a mustard based sauce from this recipe at About.com.

I cut the cayenne in half...I don't like too much heat.

This was my first mustard based sauce...I'm partial to Carolina sauces...but I have to say, this was exceptional.

IMAG0266-1_zps1019e14e.jpg

IMAG0265-1_zps3a0ba643.jpg

IMAG0267-1_zps3e7b04e8.jpg

Turned out fabulously delicious.

I love pulled pork sandwiches.

So, what can I tell you about this smoke?

The Applewood rub and the mop melded most excellently, but the marinade was a total waste of time.

Next time, instead of using an injection recipe as a marinade, I'll actually do an injection and see how that turns out.

Smoked up some brisket and a bacon bomb fattie...:eusa_drool:.

IMAG0072.jpg

^ Not really a brisket, used a tri-tip roast instead.
Marinaded and rubbed, ready to smoke.

IMAG0075.jpg

^ On the grill, set up the charcoal using the ring of fire method for a 5-6 hour smoke.

In the meantime...

IMAG0077.jpg

^ Bacon Bomb Fattie.

IMAG0076.jpg

^ Just cut a pocket in a roll of sausage, add some stuffing...I used onion, green pepper, mushrooms and sharp cheddar cheese.

IMAG0079-1.jpg

^ Smoke for 2 to 2.5 hours at 220 to 270 degrees to an internal temp of 165-175.
Add a handful of soaked wood chips every 40 minutes.

IMAG0081-1.jpg

^ Delicious.

Brisket isn't finished yet...it takes 6-7 hours. I'll post a pic when it's done.
Dude. Invite! :)

Even though this says St. Louis style ribs, tonight we're making Tennessee style ribs.

IMAG0268-1_zps5189aef2.jpg

I'm following this video exactly, we'll see how it turns out

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phrr9_eHr7s"]Memphis Spare Ribs recipe by the BBQ Pit Boys - YouTube[/ame]

First I rubbed the ribs...I used GrillMates Pork Rub...and then refrigerated them for 3 hours.

IMAG0269-1_zpsfc123cc9.jpg

As I prepared the grill, I patted on some light brown sugar an a little more rub.

IMAG0270-1_zps2f152750.jpg

I cleaned the grill and, while waiting for the temperature to stabilize, I whipped up the mop...

IMAG0271-1_zpsb8d34b0e.jpg

I'm surprised you go with those vacuum packed ribs. I've found them to be too moisture-heavy.

I'm totally with you there...but Farmland "all natural" line is not enhanced...no add moisture.

All Natural Fresh Pork - Healthy Options from Farmland Foods

I was turned on to them on another forum, and they have always been perfectly delicious.

Last night was no exception.

IMAG0274-1_zps4a52d223.jpg

I stay away from the "Extra Tender" line, it is enhanced with, I believe, an 8% solution.

Last edited:
Smoking a bologna chub and some spam today.

The bologna is scored 1/4 inch, coated in a mixture of 3 tbsp of mustard and 2 tsp of soy sauce and a sprinkling of garlic powder...then covered with light brown sugar.

Add a 1/2 inch of beer to the pan and smoke for 2-3 hours at 225-275 degrees.

IMAG0275-1_zps820332aa.jpg

IMAG0276-1_zpsae08b2c3.jpg

IMAG0277-1_zpsb7469ddd.jpg

IMAG0278-1_zps6458b709.jpg

The spam I coated one with brown sugar and added apple juice and the other in catsup and hot sauce and add beer.

IMAG0279-1_zpsa27a106d.jpg

I get the smokin' ribs thang...but bologna and spam?

That ain't fittin'. That jest ain't fittin'!

You must have difficulty pooping, what with all this meat in your diet.

:eusa_eh:

I live in the South, Mr. H, meat is almost always the main course of every meal, the vegetables and grains are simply garnish. :thup:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back