Smirnoff Vodka

Although, at the moment Iā€™m drinking a Kirkland Signature Gin from Costco. Mixed with grapefruit juice. i only like it when itā€™s with a juice, as it tastes too much like Beefeater to me, which I donā€™t like.

You might want to try Crystal Palace Premium London Dry Gin. Probably the finest premium gin priced at less than $5 a fifth, and distilled in Kentucky, USA

Much better than Russian Vodka...
greygoose_2000x.jpg
Lately however, I have had the taste for good whiskeys.

Much better than Russian Vodka...
View attachment 339309
Lately however, I have had the taste for good whiskeys.
Actually Grey Goose didnā€™t make the cut. Neither did Ketel One.

That being said, at the end of our tasting it was Smirnoff at the top of our list, ahead of many other names that are no doubt of higher status in stylish bars and lounges. Some of those names did not even make our Top 10. Grey Goose from France, one of the most popular vodkas, was felt to lack balance and seemed to have more than a touch of sweetness. Ketel One from the Netherlands, another top name, was felt to be routine and sharp, although Mr. Klemm did describe it as "a good mixer."

Itā€™s an excellent article. Check it out.

Although, at the moment Iā€™m drinking a Kirkland Signature Gin from Costco. Mixed with grapefruit juice. i only like it when itā€™s with a juice, as it tastes too much like Beefeater to me, which I donā€™t like.
I thought Tanqueray was the gold standard for gin. T&T was my drink of choice back in the day.
For gin, yes I love Tanqueray but even at Costco itā€™s at least $10 more than their Kirkland brand, which I suspect is made by Beefeater. They get big brands to make their liquor. McCallen makes their Scotch. The old Grey Goose factory makes their vodka.

Last edited:
Yes. You should be drinking Aviation American Gin. Neat.
Vodka and gin are not interchangeable. One of them is actually good.

You've never tried Aviation...
No, but I meant gin is the good one. I prefer Boodles:

View attachment 339291

I think we're on the verge of hijacking the vodka thread...

Aviation isn't as juniper forward as most gins, it has a distinctive citrus note. Excellent for drinking neat.

Here's a review:

Their "origin story:"

And of course Ryan Reynolds is one of the owners and their spokesman...

His commercials are funny...

Ahh, ok. But I like the juniper. Iā€™ll have to buy a bottle and see.

A girl after my own heart! I used to be a cheap ā€œrum and cokeā€ guy. Now Iā€™m a cheap Costco vodka and OJ guy. Hell, with enough OJ I barely taste it!

Never exactly was the James Bond type. I used to pour my ā€œmedicineā€œ into a flask or tiny mini-bottle before I went out. Iā€™d polish it off ā€œstraightā€ in the parking lot before I went into the restaurant or bar. Probably why Iā€™m so rich today!

Forum List

Back