slingshots , does anyone shoot them ??

pismoe

Platinum Member
May 17, 2014
i'm just getting interested in SLINGSHOTS for small game like rabbit , squirrels , birds plus targets . Home made or nice ones for 25 to 100 dollarson the net .

Home-Made "Nice Ones?"

What does that mean?

The reason I ask is because I've brought camping slingshots and steel pellets specifically used as ammunition for my slaves to use to amuse themselves. After setting up my tent and gear, making a fire, and beginning dinner, I give them a can, sling, and shot, and sit back to watch them miss the target again and again until moving it closer and closer. At about a foot away, they finally succeed in hitting it.

photo_slingshot_diet23.jpg

hey Samson : --- home --- the only ones I ever had were wooden , home made and they worked but it looks like there are some people that use slingshots and , take a look at the ' sling bows ' .

hey Moonglow , I've looked at the wristrockets and they look pretty good . I never used one though and I like these wooden ones in the link that I posted just above .

nice thing about a slingshot is if a guy can master it is the fact that it is small , pocketable , silent and might be fun Bodicca !!

Get a potato gun.

Potato guns can't put food on the table. A slingshot can bring down a deer.

Remotely possible.

Think outside the box, Samson. There a plenty of YouTube videos featuring men bringing down deer with a slingshot using an arrow. Look-up "slingbow" and you'll see for yourself.

"Plenty of YouTube videos" doesn't mean its probable.

Most successful deer hunters do not walk into the woods with a sling shot (or sling arrow). I've seen more dead, wounded, discarded deer who these idiots leave because they couldn't get a good kill than bow-hunters bringing in their kills to a processor.

David had to have Jehovah's assistance to bring down Goliath.

Samson, when there's documented video evidence of people killing deer with a slingshot and an arrow, that kind of suggests it's very probable. Factual, even

i'm just getting interested in SLINGSHOTS for small game like rabbit , squirrels , birds plus targets . Home made or nice ones for 25 to 100 dollarson the net .

i do

my kids do

and i am currently teaching the grandson to use one

we use regular old wrist rockets

we use 36 caliber lead balls

the set up easily kills squirrels rabbits pigeons and such

you can also make an adaption to use an arrow with a broad head

for targeting deer and such

remember to shoot with both eyes open and learn to project

where the ball will travel

great survival tool

plus they are a heap of fun to shoot

Samson, when there's documented video evidence of people killing deer with a slingshot and an arrow, that kind of suggests it's very probable. Factual, even

i have never tried to bag a deer with the slingshot

there is just to much of a wounding factor

the penetration is not there like it is with my bow

however i do shoot arrows with it

i use a stiff shaft aluminum 2219 with an old school fred bear broad head minus the hide separator

i go with the bear broad head because it can be resharpened

i use a stiff shaft aluminum 2219 with an old school fred bear broad head minus the hide separator

Although I've seen a video where a steel ball-bearing penetrates a motorbike helmet, I wouldn't suggest using steel shot if you were to hunt a deer or other game animals with a slingshot. Only an arrow with a broadhead.

Although I've seen a video where a steel ball-bearing penetrates a motorbike helmet, I wouldn't suggest using steel shot if you were to hunt a deer or other game animals with a slingshot. Only an arrow with a broadhead.

when i was a kid i shot a goose with an arrow broad head set up

it took the goose out

but yes you are right i would not attempt to shoot a deer with a ball

in fact i would not recommend shooting a deer with an arrow

unless it is a survival situation

Forum List

Back