Skeptics Lying by: "Going Down the UP Escalator"

abu afak

ALLAH SNACKBAR!
Mar 3, 2006
At every pause/blip, or after every Spike UP in a LONG TERM UPTREND they DISHONESTLY draw a 7/8 yr "Downtrend" starting at the spike year. Nothing natural goes straight up, and is subjct to short term things like La nina and sunspot cycle.
But it is unmistakably in a Long Term Uptrend.
Additionally Not recognizing 2020 was the second warmest year after 2016.. which was higher than anything on the graph below.
But nothing in nature Goes straight up.
Earlier version of this Dishonesty but it's WARMER in each one and warmer in the last. (2016 Record and 2020 close Second)

Global Surface Temperature: Going Down the Up Escalator, Part 1

Posted on 5 November 2011 by dana1981​

One of the most common misunderstandings amongst climate "skeptics" is the difference between short-term noise and long-term signal. In fact, "it hasn't warmed since 1998" is ninth on the list of most-used climate myths, and "it's cooling" is fifth.

This myth stems from a lack of understanding of exactly what global warming is. The term refers to the long-term warming of the global climate, usually measured over a timescale of about 30 years, as defined by the World Meteorological Organization. This is because global warming is caused by a global energy imbalance - something causing the Earth to retain more heat, such as an increase in solar radiation reaching the surface, or an increased greenhouse effect.

There are also a number of effects which can have a large impact on short-term temperatures, such as oceanic cycles like the El Niño Southern Oscillation or the 11-year solar cycle. Sometimes these dampen global warming, and sometimes they amplify it. However, they're called "oscillations" and "cycles" for a reason - they alternate between positive and negative states and don't have long-term effects on the Earth's temperature.

Right now we're in the midst of a period where most short-term effects are acting in the cooling direction, dampening global warming. Many climate "skeptics" are trying to capitalize on this dampening, trying to argue that this time global warming has stopped, even though it didn't stop after the global warming "pauses" in 1973 to 1980, 1980 to 1988, 1988 to 1995, 1995 to 2001, or 1998 to 2005 (Figure 1).[/b]

Figure 1: BEST land-only surface temperature data (green) with linear trends applied to the timeframes 1973 to 1980, 1980 to 1988, 1988 to 1995, 1995 to 2001, 1998 to 2005, 2002 to 2010 (blue), and 1973 to 2010 (red). Hat-tip to Skeptical Science contributor Sphaerica for identifying all of these "cooling trends."

SkepticsvRealistsv3.gif

Yes, look at all that "Cooling!" and "No warming for 7/8 years!"
and since there have been yet more STEPS UP. (2016 Record with 2020 close second)

`

Last edited:
ie, This Misleading post/OP by easyt65 starting with The Spike year of 2016.

"Recently published data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) shows that there has not been global warming for the past eight years. And NASA satellite data reportedly confirms that evidence, showing no global warming for eight years and five months, according to JunkScience’s Steve Milloy. But leftists are quick to warn people against drawing the obvious conclusion that the world isn’t about to become a burning ball of fire."

The world's coastlines have not been flooded. The seas are not boiling.

It's official:

"No global warming for 8 years and 5 months, per NASA satellite data.

That's no warming despite ~475 billion tons of CO2 emissions.

CO2 warming is the biggest scientific hoax of all time.
"

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/02/03/the-new-pause-lengthens-again-101-months-and-counting/…

8:46 PM · Feb 3, 2023
https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1621686480912384001|twgr^8b6f9a6696c4d6b86baf2badfdf685883d6b3544|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/catherinesalgado/2023/02/04/hot-air-no-global-warming-for-eight-years-n1667955&tweet_id=1621686480912384001

As the Democrats say, "THE SCIENCE IS SETTLED."

Does this mean we can send AOC packing, back to being a bartender?

"Recently published data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) shows that there has not been global warming for the past eight years. And NASA satellite data reportedly confirms that evidence, showing no global warming for eight years and five months, according to JunkScience’s Steve Milloy. But leftists are quick to warn people against drawing the obvious conclusion that the world isn’t about to become a burning ball of fire."

The world's coastlines have not been flooded. The seas are not boiling.

It's official:

"No global warming for 8 years and 5 months, per NASA satellite data.

That's no warming despite ~475 billion tons of CO2 emissions.

CO2 warming is the biggest scientific hoax of all time.
"

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/02/03/the-new-pause-lengthens-again-101-months-and-counting/…

8:46 PM · Feb 3, 2023
https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1621686480912384001|twgr^8b6f9a6696c4d6b86baf2badfdf685883d6b3544|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/catherinesalgado/2023/02/04/hot-air-no-global-warming-for-eight-years-n1667955&tweet_id=1621686480912384001

As the Democrats say, "THE SCIENCE IS SETTLED."

Does this mean we can send AOC packing, back to being a bartender?

So you have a problem with the article I posted, or more specifically the scientists quoted in the article.

It is not 'misleading' - you just disagree with it.

:itsok:
I pointed the FRAUD you were trying. Or rather your link was, because you are way too Stupid to even try it.
"NO warming for 8 years"
It happens all the time on the much Wider Uptrend Graph.
You posted ONE flat stair of a huge UP STAIRCASE.. leaving out the rest.
Your graph was just the next stair up from my OP, with New Record High Temps.

Nothing in nature goes straight up/down.

`

Last edited:
Again, I didn't write the articles. I'm not tve scientists quoted. I posted the artivle for discussion. If you want to attack me instead, fuck you and your unsupported OPINION.
I'm not a scientist either but I understand the topic and explained your author's trick
You post it because it agrees with your politics.
You were Wrong
That's what you get for posting your no-brain politics instead of what you do know. (nothing)
Thx for the admission.

PS: Your author "Monkton" isn't a scientist either, he's a famous denier with a degree in Journalism.
WUWT is a joke. (where SunsetTommy is a moderator).
`
`

Last edited:
I'm not a scientist either but I understand the topic and explained your author's trick
You were Wrong
That's what you get for posting your no-brain politics instead of what you do know. (nothing)
Thx for the admission.
`

You don't know me or what I believe, so again, fuck you, your false narratives, and accusations and your unsupported OPINION.

You don't know me or what I believe, so again, fuck you, your false narratives, and accusations and your unsupported OPINION.
You just told me what you know/believe.
You Know NOTHING, YOU SAID/Admitted, you just copied the article.
`

Here is a better aminated chart that is based on reality:

SkepticalScience Needs to Update their Escalator

LINK

Go look at the animated chart in the link.

:cool:
True!
Neither their first chart nor your Idiotic explanation one include the Next step up to the 2016 RECORD High near matched by 2020.

Real Update? We had 7 of the 8 Hottest years AFTER 2013. Another (and large) step up on the chart/trend.

`

You were Wrong
Thx for the admission.

PS: Your author "Monkton" isn't a scientist either, he's a famous denier with a degree in Journalism.
WUWT is a joke. (where SunsetTommy is a moderator).
`
`
Is he seriously a mod there? WUWT is clearly a website trying to prey on the ignorance of conservatives for profit. How many forums do you think this dude posts his nonsense on? Might he actually be some kind of paid shill for that website?

He has thousands and thousands of posts on this shit. It's like he patrols this topic day and night. If he's on other forums too, doing the same thing, in addition to being a moderator on that website, that's suspect as fuck.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back