Six serfs of Bouzuluk District posing with the remains of humans they had eaten, Russia famine of 1921

Wow. I worked in Buzuluk off and on during the 4 years I lived in Russia. It's a real shithole in the middle of nowhere. The communist party still had meetings in the village.... they didn't get the memo in '91.... or didn't give a shit.

Doesn't surprise me.

I've gone through survival training and jungle school and there's plenty of food in the wild.
Good point. I wonder why no one explained to the serfs that if they would just put down grandma's leg for a minute they could go grab something to eat in the Russian jungle

I wouldn’t kill someone, but if I was dying and they’re already dead….. yeah, probably.

Isn’t communism awesome?

Coming to America, if Dems get their way.
It wasn't communism that killed them. Lots and lots of communists ate just fine. The famines under the Bolsheviks were deliberate acts of genocide. Millions of Christians died horrible horrible deaths.

I've gone through survival training and jungle school and there's plenty of food in the wild.

People say that and it might be true for 1 or 2 people.

I remember the account of this German guy who returned after a trip to North Korea which was having a famine at the time.

He said that "there were no songbirds."

If it could make a turd, people ate it.

And when you have hundreds of thousands of people scouring the countryside, turning over logs and rocks, there's not going to anything left.

I doubt very much that there was plenty to eat in the wild in Russia in the winter. Especially when you can bet that the countryside has been picked over by the other thousands of starving people.

It wasn't communism that killed them. Lots and lots of communists ate just fine. The famines under the Bolsheviks were deliberate acts of genocide. Millions of Christians died horrible horrible deaths.
Yea….because of communism.

(click to view)

Man's gotta eat.

Would you turn to cannibalism if there was no food?

I see a lot of waste there.....I mean if grandma is going to become table fare then at least have enough respect to utilize all of her.

Those remains could have been boiled down for a life sustaining broth....just crack the bones first so you get the benefit of the marrow.

Yea….because of communism.
Communism isn't a living being that makes decisions. It was and is a tool that genocidalists use. It's a way for a murderous outside people to split a people against themselves. Communists caused the famine, not communism just as murderers commit homicides, not guns.

Forum List

Back