Sister shot, killed after teen brothers get into argument over presents on Christmas Eve: sheriff

I would think it’s safe to say this family had some serious issues that were the problem and not the gun. There are plenty of 14/15 year olds kids who go hunting and who had access to firearms This holiday season that didn’t shoot each other over gifts. The gun is not the reason those little shits did not respect human life. Hunks of metal are not the reason some people lack common decency.

Were Adam and Eve bad parents when Cain slew Abel?

Hey you got a good point there. So there is NO such thing as bad parenting!. this is great, we can just cancel all those government programs for parenting help. Its obviously a waste of time if when siblings blow each other away at christmas celebrations its considered a sign of acceptable and possibly even GOOD parenting. Thanks for the clarification MoonGlow.

Hey you got a good point there. So there is NO such thing as bad parenting!. this is great, we can just cancel all those government programs for parenting help. Its obviously a waste of time if when siblings blow each other away at christmas celebrations its considered a sign of acceptable and possibly even GOOD parenting. Thanks for the clarification MoonGlow.
You never answered the question.

Were Adam and Eve bad parents when Cain slew Abel?
Probably. They never had parents themselves, so they just had to wing it, right? Hard to blame them if they didnt knock it out of the park on the first try. Its not like they had a hundred thousand years of historical parental experience to help guide them. :dunno:

Probably. They never had parents themselves, so they just had to wing it, right? Hard to blame them if they didnt knock it out of the park on the first try. Its not like they had a hundred thousand years of historical parental experience to help guide them. :dunno:
Yet, there were other people who existed besides the Eden exiles. Cain was exiled to them after being tattoed.

Yet, there were other people who existed besides the Eden exiles. Cain was exiled to them after being tattoed.

I think the whole creation story is based in truth but also was never meant to be taken litterally. Some parts are vague when you consider how short the written account is. People 5000 years ago would not have understood the actual science of things, so what would be the point of making it accurate enough for someone living in 2023 to understand?

However I belive if my memory is right, in genesis Adam and Eve were told to go and REplenish the earth.
that leads me to believe that the account is somehow refering to a time when the earths population had just taken a large hit and many people died off. thus the ancient story says, they were told to replenish.... that which obviously at one time must have had plenty.
IMO

I think the whole creation story is based in truth but also was never meant to be taken litterally. Some parts are vague when you consider how short the written account is. People 5000 years ago would not have understood the actual science of things, so what would be the point of making it accurate enough for someone living in 2023 to understand?

However I belive if my memory is right, in genesis Adam and Eve were told to go and REplenish the earth.
that leads me to believe that the account is somehow refering to a time when the earths population had just taken a large hit and many people died off. thus the ancient story says, they were told to replenish.... that which obviously at one time must have had plenty.
IMO
This story and the story of Cain and Able have the same basis of a moral story, envy can drive humans to kill. No matter what kind of parents they had.

This story and the story of Cain and Able have the same basis of a moral story, envy can drive humans to kill. No matter what kind of parents they had.

Agree with that but in the case of the Christmas shooting, there is no evidence the parents were bad people. There is no evidence that they were not loving or kind parents, but the fact that both their little boys were packing hand guns and fighting over who had the MOST leads me to believe that they PROBABLY were not really great on discipline..

that immediately puts them into a category of not being super great parents based on the combination of those two things. Plus the third thing, which is one of them shot his sister point blank in the chest for nothing. Sorry but those parents did not teach discipline even if they were well meaning. Its just a fact.

Agree with that but in the case of the Christmas shooting, there is no evidence the parents were bad people. There is no evidence that they were not loving or kind parents, but the fact that both their little boys were packing hand guns and fighting over who had the MOST leads me to believe that they PROBABLY were not really great on discipline..

that immediately puts them into a category of not being super great parents based on the combination of those two things. Plus the third thing, which is one of them shot his sister point blank in the chest for nothing. Sorry but those parents did not teach discipline even if they were well meaning. Its just a fact.
I thought all Americans had the right to be armed....The Constitution doesn't give an age limit.

I thought all Americans had the right to be armed....The Constitution doesn't give an age limit.

Gee i guess you thought wrong. If you cant understand concepts of how rational people raise their kids, then this is a difficulty thread for you. I see.

But you know then again you're also using this as some attempt to attack the right to bear arms in the constitution? well a thinly veiled attempt, and pretty weak when you realize a 14 and 15 year old would have gotten their guns illegally.

you can change the constitution tomorrow if it suits your little heart's desires and 14 year olds will still be picking up guns from street gangs illegaly. Why is it so painful to admit the kids did not have the best parenting? its not a slam on anyone, just a fact.

Adam and Eve were not the first people. They were the first people created by God in a state of grace. The Bible is an examination of the lineage of Jesus, which began with Adam and Eve. Not an examination of the world.

LOL.

Yes, we can always count on Moonie to provide the dumbest take on anything.

Forum List

Back