Sir Jim Ratcliffe, UK's richest person, moves to tax-free Monaco

I've always been an "in betweener" when it comes to these methods. You can apply enough trickery with high paid accountants to avoid plenty of taxes domestically as it is anyways, so why not remain loyal to something bigger than yourself? Maybe it's because many in the West have sold that idea out the window. What principles do we stand for when we support human right abusive communists?

Now, I'm not in a position to be worth so much that I can state with certainty what I would do if I were a billionaire. I do, however believe, at the very least, absent any abuses against me; I would stay in the nation that provided me the environment to amass such a fortune.

This is why I wish Western leaders would be more outspoken about civil liberties and the great distances between capitalism, liberty and Communism. The greatest threat from countries like China isn't just tangible military and economic influence, it's also the ability to influence ideology that is the derivative of all of this power.

Citizens don't believe in anything bigger than themselves anymore. Why would they? Our own leaders have sold us out to China and so many citizens are too indoctrinated and lacking in curiousity to ask themselves "why all the hatred for a businessman who is standing up to China"?

We sold ourselves out and set the bar so low, it's a chicken and egg situation.

Forum List

Back