Single Black Mothers

Our ruling

Lemon said that "more than 72 percent of children in the African-American community are born out of wedlock." Federal data confirms that 73 percent of African-American births in 2010 were out of wedlock. Estimates for the percentage of African-American children growing up in single-parent households are slightly lower, at 67 percent. Finally, black children counted in these statistics may have contact outside the household with their biological father. But Lemon's statistic was accurate, and we rate his statement True.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...frican-americ/

72%! That is CRAZY! Why is this? How come we rarely hear about this in the MSM?

Last edited:
I'm white- I am not a hater. I genuinely am curious. It hurts EVERYONE in society, not only black families. It is a bad bad situation all around. I'd like to hear also, if possible from some Black men and women.

In the African American community, 72 percent of Black children are raised in a single parent household. Discuss. Why is this?

As long as the kids are happy, and healthy, why should you have a problem?

well, apparently how are they when they go on to do the exact same thing? Commit crimes, join gangs, get high, don't finish H.S., have sex before marriage etc etc? Kids need a father at home, regardless of race.

I'm white- I am not a hater. I genuinely am curious. It hurts EVERYONE in society, not only black families. It is a bad bad situation all around. I'd like to hear also, if possible from some Black men and women.
have you ever tried a bit of black in the sack.

have you ever tried a bit of black in the sack.

I have dated a black girl and a half black/ half white girl.:lol:

In the African American community, 72 percent of Black children are raised in a single parent household. Discuss. Why is this?

As long as the kids are happy, and healthy, why should you have a problem?

well, apparently how are they when they go on to do the exact same thing? Commit crimes, join gangs, get high, don't finish H.S., have sex before marriage etc etc? Kids need a father at home, regardless of race.
I like the idea of two mothers at home, regardless of race.

Forum List

Back