Since When Could a Black Person Be a Caucasian?

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
i was talking to a family friend from Eritrea and we were discussing the history of the country when he told me that some white people consider him a Black Caucasian which tickled him to death. I almost choked on my drink because I thought it was so funny. However, I looked up the term on the internet and lo and behold he was right. Some people consider Somalians, Ethiopians, and Eritreans to be Black caucasians. When did they change the meaning of caucasian to mean anything other than a white person?

I guess if your ancestry can be traced back to the Caucasus Mountains?......
Why not trace it all the way back to Africa?
Ummm, you know where the Caucasus Mountains are, right?

The indigenous people there are not white.
What does that have to do with my point? Everybody came from Africa. The term caucasian originally was defined as the whitest of the white people from the southern slopes of the caucus mountains. Since when did Black people become the whitest of the white?

What doe that have to do with my point? Everybody came from Africa. The term caucasian originally was defined as the whitest of the white people from the southern slopes of the caucus mountains.
Wow.....that's reaching new hights in humorless

What doe that have to do with my point? Everybody came from Africa. The term caucasian originally was defined as the whitest of the white people from the southern slopes of the caucus mountains.
Did I miss something? :laugh:

Did I miss something? :laugh:
You opposed a Caucasian!

Actually the earliest artifacts of modern man come from Australia and the genetic diversity argument for African genesis rest on Bushmen (the least insulting group term). While definitely African they do have eye-folds and other characteristics not associated with "black"

i was talking to a family friend from Eritrea and we were discussing the history of the country when he told me that some white people consider him a Black Caucasian which tickled him to death. I almost choked on my drink because I thought it was so funny. However, I looked up the term on the internet and lo and behold he was right. Some people consider Somalians, Ethiopians, and Eritreans to be Black caucasians. When did they change the meaning of caucasian to mean anything other than a white person?

Caucasian race (also Caucasoid[1] or Europid[2]) is a concept that has historically been used to describe the physical or biological type of some or all of the populations of Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Western Asia, Central Asia, and South Asia.[3] The term was used in biological anthropology for many people from these regions, without regard necessarily to skin tone.[4] First introduced in earlyracial science and anthropometry, the taxon has historically been used to denote one of the proposed major races of humankind.[5]Although its validity and utility is disputed by many anthropologists, Caucasoid as a biological classification remains in use,[6] particularly within the field of forensic anthropology.[5]

Caucasian race - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Basically, there are white Caucasians and Caucasians that are not white. I believe this distinction started in the US long ago to deny certain people (non-whites) equal status.

:tinfoil:

Did I miss something?
No I think that was me....
  • :tinfoil:
  • :tomato:

Caucasian race (also Caucasoid[1] or Europid[2]) is a concept that has historically been used to describe the physical or biological type of some or all of the populations of Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Western Asia, Central Asia, and South Asia.[3] The term was used in biological anthropology for many people from these regions, without regard necessarily to skin tone.[4] First introduced in earlyracial science and anthropometry, the taxon has historically been used to denote one of the proposed major races of humankind.[5]Although its validity and utility is disputed by many anthropologists, Caucasoid as a biological classification remains in use,[6] particularly within the field of forensic anthropology.[5]

You didnt look down to the origins of the concept in your link.

"Meiners' treatise was widely read in the German intellectual circles of its day, despite muted criticism of its scholarship. Meiners proposed a taxonomy of human beings which involved only two races (Rassen): Caucasians and Mongolians. He considered Caucasians to be more physically attractive than Mongolians, notably because they had paler skin; Caucasians were also more sensitive and more morally virtuous than Mongolians. Later he would make similar distinctions within the Caucasian group, concluding that the Germans were the most attractive and virtuous people on earth. The name "Caucasian" derived from the Southern Caucasusregion (or what is now the countries of Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia), because he considered the people of this region to be the archetype for the grouping."

"In various editions of On the Natural Variety of Mankind, Blumenbach expanded on Meiners' popular idea and defined five human races based on color, using popular racial terms of his day, justified with scientific terminology, cranial measurements, and facial features. He established Caucasian as the "white race," as well as Mongoloid as the "yellow race," Malayan the "brown race," Ethiopian the "black race," American the "red race."

Seems to me that the term is more pseudo science.

You didnt look down to the origins of the concept in your link.

"Meiners' treatise was widely read in the German intellectual circles of its day, despite muted criticism of its scholarship. Meiners proposed a taxonomy of human beings which involved only two races (Rassen): Caucasians and Mongolians. He considered Caucasians to be more physically attractive than Mongolians, notably because they had paler skin; Caucasians were also more sensitive and more morally virtuous than Mongolians. Later he would make similar distinctions within the Caucasian group, concluding that the Germans were the most attractive and virtuous people on earth. The name "Caucasian" derived from the Southern Caucasusregion (or what is now the countries of Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia), because he considered the people of this region to be the archetype for the grouping."

"In various editions of On the Natural Variety of Mankind, Blumenbach expanded on Meiners' popular idea and defined five human races based on color, using popular racial terms of his day, justified with scientific terminology, cranial measurements, and facial features. He established Caucasian as the "white race," as well as Mongoloid as the "yellow race," Malayan the "brown race," Ethiopian the "black race," American the "red race."

Seems to me that the term is more pseudo science.
Exactly! You can't really be white if you have some other ethnic heritage that people know about. See George Zimmerman. He can't, according to RWNJs, be white because he is also Hispanic. I believe this was the basis of "passing" during the civil rights era.

I think it began with Michael Jackson.

I think it began with Michael Jackson.
:laugh:

Actually the earliest artifacts of modern man come from Australia and the genetic diversity argument for African genesis rest on Bushmen (the least insulting group term). While definitely African they do have eye-folds and other characteristics not associated with "black"
That doesnt make sense. The oldest evidence of modern humans is in Omo National Park in Ethiopia. How can eye folds on the oldest living Black people on the planet not be a Black feature?

Last edited:
I think I have discovered the reason for the Black caucasian claim. Scientists have figured out Punt AKA Ta-netjer was in Eritrea. Punt is the land where the Egyptians said they came from. Now its all making sense why previously Black people are now considered white.

Forum List

Back