Since the Birther thing is being brought up again, I have one question...

• Banned
"Barack Obama was still 'Kenyan born' in 2007 according to his literary agency...two months after announcing his bid for the U.S presidency
By Beth Stebner17:51 EST 18 May 2012, updated 17:54 EST 18 May 2012

article-2146622-132B3073000005DC-454_308x185.jpg

+1
  • Online archive from April 2007 by publishing agency Acton & Dystel has Mr Obama's birthplace listed as Kenya - two months after he announced he was running for president
  • The same online archive dated two weeks later in April 2007 has changed the current U.S president's birthplace to Hawaii
  • President Obama published Hawaiian birth certificate last year in hopes to end 'birther' theories
  • This follows the discovery of a 1991 booklet from Acton & Dystel announcing that the Democrat was ‘born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.’
Barack Obama's literary agents were still listing the U.S President's birthplace as Kenya in their online author bios two months after he first announced his run for president in 2007.

Viewed on web.archive.org the April 3rd 2007 listing from Acton & Dystel for Mr Obama still touts the then-Democratic junior senator from Illinois as 'born in Kenya'.

Indeed, the short biography even references his now famous speech to the Democratic National Convention which launched Mr Obama to national fame and announced him as potential candidate for the presidency."

Ever think that the reason Obama said he was from Kenya was simply referring to his heritage on his father's side?

I've told people that my family comes from Norway, Germany and Scotland. Matter of fact, on the Scottish side, my lineage goes all the way to Robert the Bruce.

On occasion I've told people that I'm a Scottish Viking by way of Germany.

• Banned
Ever think that the reason Obama said he was from Kenya was simply referring to his heritage on his father's side?

I've told people that my family comes from Norway, Germany and Scotland. Matter of fact, on the Scottish side, my lineage goes all the way to Robert the Bruce.

On occasion I've told people that I'm a Scottish Viking by way of Germany.
No, because if you're not from Kenya, you don't say "I'm from Kenya".

I think his college transcripts are sealed because he lied about being from Kenya when being admitted.

Why? That's what I would like to find out. I don't believe he was born in Kenya, but why did he say he was?

"Barack Obama was still 'Kenyan born' in 2007 according to his literary agency...two months after announcing his bid for the U.S presidency

+1
  • Online archive from April 2007 by publishing agency Acton & Dystel has Mr Obama's birthplace listed as Kenya - two months after he announced he was running for president
  • The same online archive dated two weeks later in April 2007 has changed the current U.S president's birthplace to Hawaii
  • President Obama published Hawaiian birth certificate last year in hopes to end 'birther' theories
  • This follows the discovery of a 1991 booklet from Acton & Dystel announcing that the Democrat was ‘born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.’
Barack Obama's literary agents were still listing the U.S President's birthplace as Kenya in their online author bios two months after he first announced his run for president in 2007.

Viewed on web.archive.org the April 3rd 2007 listing from Acton & Dystel for Mr Obama still touts the then-Democratic junior senator from Illinois as 'born in Kenya'.

Indeed, the short biography even references his now famous speech to the Democratic National Convention which launched Mr Obama to national fame and announced him as potential candidate for the presidency."
A little embarrassing for Miriam that one;

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

Anyone who still thinks Obama is a foreign born agent, secretly sent here to undermine our nation by communists (i.e. most birthers), is a certified idiot.
I don't think he is a foreign agent and that is not what this thread is about.

I want to know why he was telling his literary agency that he was born in Kenya, and if he lied about being from Kenya when being admitted into university....he has his college transcripts locked down like Ft. Knox....why?

+1

Miriam Goderich edited the text of the bio; she is now a partner at the Dystel & Goderich agency, which lists Obama as one of its current clients.

"You're undoubtedly aware of the brouhaha stirred up by Breitbart about the erroneous statement in a client list Acton & Dystel published in 1991 (for circulation within the publishing industry only) that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. This was nothing more than a fact checking error by me — an agency assistant at the time," Goderich wrote. "There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."
Why didn't Obama himself correct it? All those years, it's up there....and he HAD to be aware of it.

Anyone who still thinks Obama is a foreign born agent, secretly sent here to undermine our nation by communists (i.e. most birthers), is a certified idiot.

I want to know why he was telling his literary agency that he was born in Kenya, and if he lied about being from Kenya when being admitted into university....he has his college transcripts locked down like Ft. Knox....why?
I want to know why he was telling his literary agency that he was born in Kenya

"There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."

I want to know why he was telling his literary agency that he was born in Kenya

"There was never any information given to us by Obama in any of his correspondence or other communications suggesting in any way that he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii. I hope you can communicate to your readers that this was a simple mistake and nothing more."
Uh huh....not buying it.

+1

Why didn't Obama himself correct it? All those years, it's up there....and he HAD to be aware of it.
I don't know.
I also can't explain why he didn't correct the NYT when they claimed he was born in Hawaii in 1990...the year before the leaflet you refer to was published.
The new president of the Review is Barack Obama, a 28-year-old graduate of Columbia University who spent four years heading a community development program for poor blacks on Chicago's South Side before enrolling in law school. His late father, Barack Obama, was a finance minister in Kenya and his mother, Ann Dunham, is an American anthropologist now doing fieldwork in Indonesia. Mr. Obama was born in Hawaii.
First Black Elected to Head Harvard's Law Review

Forum List

Back