Since Liberals Ignored It, Let's Look at the Dept. of Labor-BLS Jobs Report for Last Month

Things are looking really, really good right now. We may even be seeing some unexpected life from overseas. A recession may not happen for quite a while.

Damn good.

Now, it's time to look at the exploding debt Trump allowed to get us here. This is a great sugar high, but that's the other half of this equation.

Mac has this 100% correct. We must now balance what we are doing, and address the debt. It has been successfully navigated for 1/2 of the equation, now we must address the other 1/2!

LOL. Neither party cares about debt. Where is the Tea Party now that a Republican is President

Go read my two previous replies. Go read the last two budgets that Trump has submitted. Go read the Congressional Record of the Senate debates on the budget. You don't know what you're talking about.

Things are looking really, really good right now. We may even be seeing some unexpected life from overseas. A recession may not happen for quite a while.

Damn good.

Now, it's time to look at the exploding debt Trump allowed to get us here. This is a great sugar high, but that's the other half of this equation.

Mac has this 100% correct. We must now balance what we are doing, and address the debt. It has been successfully navigated for 1/2 of the equation, now we must address the other 1/2!

LOL. Neither party cares about debt. Where is the Tea Party now that a Republican is President

Go read my two previous replies. Go read the last two budgets that Trump has submitted. Go read the Congressional Record of the Senate debates on the budget. You don't know what you're talking about.

Bullshit

Trump increased spending on his pet projects such as the Military and his wall while slashing social spending

Why is our President running almost a trillion dollar deficit in an otherwise strong economy?

196,000 jobs is a train wreck, it was while Obama was President U3 and U6 are made up statistics by BLS. Our President has told us so. The actual number of unemployed is 170 million Americans

LOL! Yeah, okay. Thanks for sharing. Go get your brain reset so that the "Warning: Facts Being Presented" notice in your brain will turn off.

FYI, none other than Bernie Sanders has said that the U-6 is the most accurate measurement of the employment situation. He made this point several times during the 2016 primary.
That is not what Trump and the right said when Oblama was president, now all of a sudden it's the "most" accurate...

Here are some good articles on the fact that the economy is doing much better under Trump than it did under Obama:

The Obama Economy vs. the Trump Economy | Daniel J. Mitchell

Trump’s Economy Vs. Obama’s Economy

Unlike some conservatives, I believe that Obama did a decent job on the economy, better than Bush did, but Trump is doing much better than Obama or Bush did.

For eight years under President Obama, the growing burden of government suppressed the economic recovery that should have followed the recession of 2008-09. Mr. Obama nonetheless has claimed responsibility for today’s boom, asking Americans in September to ‘remember when this recovery started.’ Yet it wasn’t until President Trump took office that the economy surged. … The result is a rising tide that is lifting boats across every class and region of the country. … Today unemployment rests at 3.7%, near a 50-year low. Since the government began reporting the data, unemployment has never been as low as it is today for African-Americans, Latinos, Asians and people with only a high-school education.”

About what I expected
Trump was born on third base and is taking credit for hitting a triple. Obama dropped unemployment by over five percent. Trump is claiming credit for dropping it an additional one percent.

To take credit for a 50 year low without acknowledging the previous economy that got you most of the way there is deceptive

Here are some good articles on the fact that the economy is doing much better under Trump than it did under Obama:

Unlike some conservatives, I believe that Obama did a decent job on the economy, better than Bush did, but Trump is doing much better than Obama or Bush did.

For eight years under President Obama, the growing burden of government suppressed the economic recovery that should have followed the recession of 2008-09. Mr. Obama nonetheless has claimed responsibility for today’s boom, asking Americans in September to ‘remember when this recovery started.’ Yet it wasn’t until President Trump took office that the economy surged. … The result is a rising tide that is lifting boats across every class and region of the country. … Today unemployment rests at 3.7%, near a 50-year low. Since the government began reporting the data, unemployment has never been as low as it is today for African-Americans, Latinos, Asians and people with only a high-school education.”

About what I expected
Trump was born on third base and is taking credit for hitting a triple. Obama dropped unemployment by over five percent. Trump is claiming credit for dropping it an additional one percent.

To take credit for a 50 year low without acknowledging the previous economy that got you most of the way there is deceptive
He can take credit for allowing business to extort a tax free existence for hiring Americans.

The fix for this is obvious: The GOP commits to not cutting taxes until AFTER they have cut spending.

The REAL way to be responsible.

Then we'd see how they'd do in elections, campaigning on the cuts in services they have planned.

Easy peasy.

And with Mike I agree! I believe Obama did a lot better than people give him credit for, but his one misstep was Obamacare. Had he not done that, the economy would have been purring along well enough that Hilly certainly would have gotten elected. His signature policy took to much cash out of the economy to revive it quickly, and make it grow faster.

The fix for this is obvious: The GOP commits to not cutting taxes until AFTER they have cut spending.

Then we'd see how they'd do in elections, campaigning on the cuts in services they have planned.

Easy peasy.

And with Mike I agree! I believe Obama did a lot better than people give him credit for, but his one misstep was Obamacare. Had he not done that, the economy would have been purring along well enough that Hilly certainly would have gotten elected. His signature policy took to much cash out of the economy to revive it quickly, and make it grow faster.
sequestration stagnated the economy.

Easy peasy.

Obama did the right thing - he stood back and let the Fed do what it had to do. Obama inherited a catastrophe and his options were VERY limited.

We'll never know what he would have done in normal circumstances, but he definitely did the right thing there.

Easy peasy.

Obama did the right thing - he stood back and let the Fed do what it had to do. Obama inherited a catastrophe and his options were VERY limited.

We'll never know what he would have done in normal circumstances, but he definitely did the right thing there.

If Obama had followed the Republican advice of:

Allowing the banks and auto companies to fail
Not providing economic stimulus to the economy
Balancing the budget and paying off debt in a major recession

We would have have been in a depression. But Republicans wanted our economy to fail

196,000 jobs is a train wreck, it was while Obama was President U3 and U6 are made up statistics by BLS. Our President has told us so. The actual number of unemployed is 170 million Americans

LOL! Yeah, okay. Thanks for sharing. Go get your brain reset so that the "Warning: Facts Being Presented" notice in your brain will turn off.

FYI, none other than Bernie Sanders has said that the U-6 is the most accurate measurement of the employment situation. He made this point several times during the 2016 primary.
U6 is Fake News
Our President told us so
Bernie Sanders is a commie
Our President told us so

The real number of unemployed is over 50 percent.

Put your little Red Helmet back on.

Yet even that commie admits that the U-6 is the most accurate measurement of employment, because it considers not just the unemployed but also the partially unemployed, the underemployed, etc.
And yet BLS and Census do not consider the U-6 to be an measure of unemployment but rather “labor underutilaization.” The numerator contains people who are employed (some with full time jobs) and so is certainly not measuring unemployment.

LOL! Uh, yeah. Okay. You bet. Of course it is. Pray tell, if it's 50% now, what was it under Obama? 60%?!! Wing nutty.
And yet Trump and others declared the real unemployment rate under Obama was 20, 30, 40%, but now accept the official rate.

Should I dig up you old posts to see if you accepted the U-3?

Easy peasy.

Let me point out to all of you, the death knell (unless something else happens before then) for the Left, will be their own words, and especially former President Obamas!

They said, and Obama himself made it clear in a speech-----------> These jobs are NEVER coming back! What is he going to do, wave a magic wand! That line, and the Lefts position on that line, will be played over, and over, and over again in 2020.

Why?

Because there are only 2 conclusions you can draw from that position----------->

1. Obama and the Left lied through their pearly whites to suppress blue collar jobs, or

2. They were to incompetent to know how to revive that part of the economic sector!

In either case, just like in 16 and probably even more so in 2020, the working person that works with their hands are going to vote Trump, because now it isn't a theory that they took a chance on in 16 hoping for a revitalization, it has become a proven reality!

Those words by Obama and the Left, will sink their ship by themselves, in 2020!

Easy peasy.

Let me point out to all of you, the death knell (unless something else happens before then) for the Left, will be their own words, and especially former President Obamas!

They said, and Obama himself made it clear in a speech-----------> These jobs are NEVER coming back! What is he going to do, wave a magic wand! That line, and the Lefts position on that line, will be played over, and over, and over again in 2020.

Why?

Because there are only 2 conclusions you can draw from that position----------->

1. Obama and the Left lied through their pearly whites to suppress blue collar jobs, or

2. They were to incompetent to know how to revive that part of the economic sector!

In either case, just like in 16 and probably even more so in 2020, the working person that works with their hands are going to vote Trump, because now it isn't a theory that they took a chance on in 16 hoping for a revitalization, it has become a proven reality!

and Americans are still waiting for those jobs to return, like the auto industry, electronics, textile...Still to this day they leave the US and will not come back.

Easy peasy.

Why?

and Americans are still waiting for those jobs to return, like the auto industry, electronics, textile...Still to this day they leave the US and will not come back.

You better check your stats young man. If you are going to argue, at least have facts! The manufacturing sector has grown faster under Trump, than at any time since the 70s I believe.

Easy peasy.

Why?

You better check your stats young man. If you are going to argue, at least have facts! The manufacturing sector has grown faster under Trump, than at any time since the 70s I believe.
Let me know when the textile industry returns if ever...

Easy peasy.

Why?

Let me know when the textile industry returns if ever...

We are talking about a SECTOR of the economy. Your position, is like me asking you why Obama couldn't get blacksmith jobs to return!

The SECTOR in question= decent paying jobs that you do with your hands, that do NOT require a college education!

Please try and keep up, will you-)

U6 is Fake News
Our President told us so
Bernie Sanders is a commie
Our President told us so

Best unemployment numbers since 1969. Trump is the man, about time you realize that.

Forum List

Back