What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Silent Films

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Safety Last

Harold Lloyd

I like Silent films.
Harold Lloyd is hilarious.

Yes I like Harold Lloyd, a genius.

Here, this is very first film adaption of Lewis Carroll's "Alice In Wonderland", made in 1903 by Cecil Hepworth and Percy Stow, for 1903 the special effects are pretty amazing....the film is 8 minutes and 19 seconds in duration, the quality of course not 100%, but we must remember the antiquity of it:

Here, this is the earliest surviving film adaption of L. Frank Baum's "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz", made in 1910 by Otis Turner. The film is about 14 minutes in duration, Bebe Daniels plays Dorothy:

Bebe Daniels - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
OP
froggy

froggy

Gold Member
Reaction score

Safety Last

Harold Lloyd

I like Silent films.
Harold Lloyd is hilarious.

Yes I like Harold Lloyd, a genius.

Here, this is very first film adaption of Lewis Carroll's "Alice In Wonderland", made in 1903 by Cecil Hepworth and Percy Stow, for 1903 the special effects are pretty amazing....the film is 8 minutes and 19 seconds in duration, the quality of course not 100%, but we must remember the antiquity of it:

Here, this is the earliest surviving film adaption of L. Frank Baum's "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz", made in 1910 by Otis Turner. The film is about 14 minutes in duration, Bebe Daniels plays Dorothy:

I have a few versions of Alice in Wonderland. Lol

gipper

Libertarian/Anarchist
Reaction score
What? No mention of the greatest silent star of all...the great Charlie Chaplin!!! Just recently watched Robert Downey Jr 1992 movie. Great movie. Chaplin was unbelievable. What a great career he had. He did it all.

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Reaction score
What? No mention of the greatest silent star of all...the great Charlie Chaplin!!! Just recently watched Robert Downey Jr 1992 movie. Great movie. Chaplin was unbelievable. What a great career he had. He did it all.

Okay for you, Charlie Chaplin "Police" made in 1916, a longer duration of nearly 24 minutes.

OP
froggy

froggy

Gold Member
Reaction score
Charlie chaplins acting debut was Feb 2 1914.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$280.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List