Significance of 6/1

If you lose the election. Can you try to get people to ignore the result, even when losing in court?

• Yes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
I've seen a lot of people on this board, including me putting their 2 cents in on what happened on 6/1. A few days ago I came to a bit of a weird realization for myself.

I came to realise that by focusing on the very visible, spectacular and tragic events, the true meaning of what occured has been missed.

In my opinion it's not all that important if 6/1 was a coup, insurgency, riot, demonstration or picnic. In fact 6/1 is not the most important thing that should be remembered.

What should be remembered is the precedent set by Trump. For the first time in the history of the US, the losing candidate of a presidential campaign didn't just fail to concede he lost, but actively tried to get those of his party to ignore those results and try to get power that way.

He tried to get the Georgia Secretary of State to "find him votes". He tried state assemblies to designate electors with the express purpose of getting them to elect him and not the winner of the certified election results. He tried to get his own VP to refuse to certify the results and tried to get the house and senate to do the same.

This bears repeating. Trump tried in almost every way to get him and not the winner of the election to take power.

II know that many of you believe the election was fraudulent. I obviously don't agree. I want you to realise though that if you support the precedent that as long as you claim the election was fraudulent the loser of an election can take steps to ignore those results other than actually making your case in court, the US will no longer be a functioning Democracy.

If I recall correctly - Trump never once said go and start a coup to the thousands that had gathered at his speech.

He DID however called on the audience to "march to the Capitol and protest this stolen election, let your voice be heard".

So, in my opinion your "poll" is screwed from the beginning. Just my $.02.........

This election was the beginning of the end of "fair" elections in this country. It has finally come to a head. And Jesus wept...........
You did see that whatever happened on 6/1/21 is kind of besides the premise of my OP? I have more trouble with what Trump did in general after he was declared to have lost. That's what my poll is about.

So you are basically saying that a loser of an election doesn't have a right to dispute the "results" of an election that he feels was fraudulent? Hmmm...interesting.

I will anxiously await your poll when a fascist democrat calls an election "unfair" - should that happen *(it won't because Republicans are too damned stupid to rig elections as the fascists have)

If you lose the election. Can you try to get people to ignore the result, even when losing in court?

See that last bit of the sentence?

You can dispute the results to your heart's content. You do this by filing complaints to the courts. You do not do it by trying to prevent the certification of the results, you do not do it by trying to get the DOJ to intervene on your behalf. You do not do it by trying to elect alternate electors. You do not do it by trying to get a Secretary of State to a state to intervene. And you do not do it by breaking into the Capitol.
He CAN bloviate to his hearts content, that is how freedom works. That does not make it good, correct or even effective but you can get on your soap box and proclaim whatever you want.
He was the President of the United States, so his bloviation does have meaning. Point in fact. Dozens of States are now legislating on the basis of his bloviation.

Indeed. Screw free speech - am I right?
Not all speech is protected.

That said, this goes beyond a legal right to speak. As president, he has a responsibility to do what’s right for the country and he failed that very low bar spectacularly.

Nonsense. Pure and simple nonsense. Point out one time JUST ONE - where he called for the people to storm the Capitol. Just one.
I don’t think he did, which is why he’s not criminally liable. But they stormed the Capitol on his behalf never the less and pretty much no one should be surprised about that given how he whipped them into a furor.
In that case, then the DEMOCRATIC mayor of Seattle and the DEMOCRATIC governor of Washington (state~region where I live) having done nothing to stop the five months of CHAZ/CHAOS with it's assorted riots, crimes, and insurrection are equally guilty since then condoned (sometimes encouraged), and have done little to prosecute the hundreds of AntiFa insurrectionists and criminal vandals/looters/rioters.

The lack of perspective, context, and scope of the quality, and quantity of their crimes shown by leftists never ceases to amaze me. Their thousands of times never equals up to the single one of the Right.

Excellent point :clap:

I'm curious, has the rioting ever stopped up there? I rarely ever hear anything from that place on the MSM........

I've seen a lot of people on this board, including me putting their 2 cents in on what happened on 6/1. A few days ago I came to a bit of a weird realization for myself.

I came to realise that by focusing on the very visible, spectacular and tragic events, the true meaning of what occured has been missed.

In my opinion it's not all that important if 6/1 was a coup, insurgency, riot, demonstration or picnic. In fact 6/1 is not the most important thing that should be remembered.

What should be remembered is the precedent set by Trump. For the first time in the history of the US, the losing candidate of a presidential campaign didn't just fail to concede he lost, but actively tried to get those of his party to ignore those results and try to get power that way.

He tried to get the Georgia Secretary of State to "find him votes". He tried state assemblies to designate electors with the express purpose of getting them to elect him and not the winner of the certified election results. He tried to get his own VP to refuse to certify the results and tried to get the house and senate to do the same.

This bears repeating. Trump tried in almost every way to get him and not the winner of the election to take power.

II know that many of you believe the election was fraudulent. I obviously don't agree. I want you to realise though that if you support the precedent that as long as you claim the election was fraudulent the loser of an election can take steps to ignore those results other than actually making your case in court, the US will no longer be a functioning Democracy.

If I recall correctly - Trump never once said go and start a coup to the thousands that had gathered at his speech.

He DID however called on the audience to "march to the Capitol and protest this stolen election, let your voice be heard".

So, in my opinion your "poll" is screwed from the beginning. Just my $.02.........

This election was the beginning of the end of "fair" elections in this country. It has finally come to a head. And Jesus wept...........
You did see that whatever happened on 6/1/21 is kind of besides the premise of my OP? I have more trouble with what Trump did in general after he was declared to have lost. That's what my poll is about.

So you are basically saying that a loser of an election doesn't have a right to dispute the "results" of an election that he feels was fraudulent? Hmmm...interesting.

I will anxiously await your poll when a fascist democrat calls an election "unfair" - should that happen *(it won't because Republicans are too damned stupid to rig elections as the fascists have)

You can dispute the results to your heart's content. You do this by filing complaints to the courts. You do not do it by trying to prevent the certification of the results, you do not do it by trying to get the DOJ to intervene on your behalf. You do not do it by trying to elect alternate electors. You do not do it by trying to get a Secretary of State to a state to intervene. And you do not do it by breaking into the Capitol.
He CAN bloviate to his hearts content, that is how freedom works. That does not make it good, correct or even effective but you can get on your soap box and proclaim whatever you want.
He was the President of the United States, so his bloviation does have meaning. Point in fact. Dozens of States are now legislating on the basis of his bloviation.

That said, this goes beyond a legal right to speak. As president, he has a responsibility to do what’s right for the country and he failed that very low bar spectacularly.

Nonsense. Pure and simple nonsense. Point out one time JUST ONE - where he called for the people to storm the Capitol. Just one.
I don’t think he did, which is why he’s not criminally liable. But they stormed the Capitol on his behalf never the less and pretty much no one should be surprised about that given how he whipped them into a furor.
In that case, then the DEMOCRATIC mayor of Seattle and the DEMOCRATIC governor of Washington (state~region where I live) having done nothing to stop the five months of CHAZ/CHAOS with it's assorted riots, crimes, and insurrection are equally guilty since then condoned (sometimes encouraged), and have done little to prosecute the hundreds of AntiFa insurrectionists and criminal vandals/looters/rioters.

The lack of perspective, context, and scope of the quality, and quantity of their crimes shown by leftists never ceases to amaze me. Their thousands of times never equals up to the single one of the Right.
What? This is a poor false equivalency.

"Fight Like Hell"

"Stop the Steal"

"Go to the Capitol"

Sounds like some pretty explicit instructions.

At least a majority in both the House & Senate thought so.
Not surprising a cultist forgets "lets do this peacefully" :rofl:
How about not doing it at all?

By the by, I love this narrative that Trump isn't responsible at all for the violence that occurred. On his behalf, for a cause he specifically championed, that happened after a rally he spoke at, at the place he told those rally-goers to go. Just because he said a single sentence at that rally.

It's kind of like a shop owner claiming he isn't responsible for his store burning down after he hired a known pyromaniac. To which he said that he could use the insurance money. Simply because he said during the job interview that he wouldn't like his shop burning down.

Some things are so clearly predictable that claiming you couldn't know something wouldn't happen simply becomes ridiculous.
He told them to protest peacefully. Maybe he was using sign language only white supremacists know and he secretly told them to "burn that mother fucker down"
IM WITH YOU MAN! :lol:
No sign language necessary. Just knowledge of the rhetoric spoken at the rally. The people participating in the rally and the tactics used throughout the time Biden was known to have won.
Right? So what does "lets do this peacefully" mean in RWNJ terms? :lol:
I don't know. What does "trial by combat mean," or for that matter "We’re going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country."

In the end, it doesn't matter those who got arrested because of it almost to a man state they did what they did because they thought that that was what Trump wanted.

That's a pretty bold claim.

Mind citing your source for that?

Thanks so much...

Seriously? You're going to base your argument on the rantings of some nut-case who showed up in a horned head dress?

Okay, I'll just chalk this up as a "win" for me...

No, we're basing our arguments on the rantings of a nut case who was President at the time.

"Stop the Steal"

"Fight like Hell"

"Go to the Capitol"

1-6-21 was an FBI false flag.....
Yeah. . . I'm coming more and more around to that POV.

We have CIA and FBI embedded in all of our MSM news channels.

When you even have progressives pointing it out?

The Deep State has jumped the shark on this. . .

Questions About the FBI's Role in 1/6 Are Mocked Because the FBI Shapes Liberal Corporate Media​

The FBI has been manufacturing and directing terror plots and criminal rings for decades. But now, reverence for security state agencies reigns.​

All one has to do is a search for the brothers James and John Sullivan, and their father. . . who is a figure of some mystery. Rumors have it, that their father is military intelligence. . . maybe psychological operations, and there was even someone at the Capitol that was a known Psy-op officer arrested.

Who knows. . . some even theorize that Babbit herself, being ex-military was a crises actor, that whole thing being pulled off with squibs and is now in witness protection. Guess we'll never know.

Sure, we understand. Everybody was responsible except for Trump and his supporters....

:auiqs.jpg:

He didn’t tell them to do that. But they did en masse anyway. He should have known better than to inflame the crowd (over a period of weeks) because of the likely outcome.

"Fight Like Hell"

"Stop the Steal"

"Go to the Capitol"

'SOUNDS' like pretty explicit instructions'?

Yeah, I guess so, if you are a TDS-suffering, irrational hate-driven trump-addicted snowflake.

I missed in your post where Trump supposedly ordered protestors / supporters to:

'Fight your way into the Capitol'
'Physically confront / engage the police.'
'Smash your way into the Capitol'
'Join the Insurrection'

Instead you posted:

'Fight Like Hell'
- Pelosi, Schumer, Maxine Waters, and more have used these exact words before. Their violent rhetoric resulted in firebombed GOP election offices, physical altercations with GOP officials / candidates, and an assassination attempt against GOP politicians in a public park. Where was your rebuke, opposition to, and call for punishment of the Democrats who did so? <crickets>

'Stop the Steal'
- GOP politicians were attempting to do so in the Capitol and Trump asked the protestors / supporters there to walk down to the capitol to CHEER them on. This is still no evidence of a call for violence. Try again.

'Go to the Capitol'
- OMG! 'GO to the Capitol'! How awful! How the hells do you get 'violently affect an Insurrection' out of 'GO to the Capitol'?!

'Sounds like some pretty explicit instructions.'
- No, it sounds like a snowflake projecting something NOT there.

Yet a majority of both the house and senate - including many Republicans voted to impeach Trump and found him guilty of inciting the insurrection.

Many Republicans - including Mitch McConnell - stated that they believed Trump was responsible.

Only an idiot or a partisan hack would deny that Trump was responsible for inciting the attempted insurrection.

You seem to qualify for both.

No Congress critter apparatchiks were hauled off to re-education camps or firing squads.
None of the couple hundred whom occupied the one part of one building claimed they now hold the office of the representative/senator that scurried away.
None of the agencies and departments of the USA were taken over.
In essence, no coup/insurrection of reality or substance happened.
Many people may have broken laws, but the substance of the Federal government was neither challenged nor changed.

All this brouhaha over events of a few hours on a single day, Jan. 6, 2021.

HOWEVER ...
On the other hand ...
For 4-5+ months during the previous Summer of 2020, in several cities of the USA, we had "occupation" and "autonomous" zones ~CHAZ/CHAOS which in essence had declared and engaged in insurrection, claimed secession, sedition and those months also included near daily riots, vandalism, looting, arson, property damage, attacks upon Federal buildings with destruction and levels of occupation, assaults upon local police and Federal officers, assorted crimes against citizens, assaults, rapes, even a few murders, etc.

All this is on a collective scale that is thousands of times above and beyond what happened for a few hours on a single day in January.

All this was supported, if not encouraged, by the leadership of the Democratic party, both implicit and via their not speaking out in objection to or efforts to defuse and disperse the insurgents occupying portions of many major cities.

The @150 days of lawlessness and insurrection of the Summer of "Luv"-2020 is so quickly overlooked, forgotten, minimized, and swept under the rug.

This is the insult to injury we saw from the Left and the source of past and present clear danger to our Nation. Telling is that silence of those whom choose to ignore it and play sleigh of hand, mis-direction.
View attachment 505127
So typical of the loose mush for brains that the Leftist-loonies have and explains why everything they say are lies, distortions, and disinformation.

The explosion in the background was the AntiFa and fellow thugs and insurrectionists riots in cities like Portland, Seattle, and several others we saw for months during the last Summer, 2020.

The couple hours of street theater seen on Jan.6,2021 doesn't even compare. Jan. 6,2021 was not the "Seven Days in May" Leftist anarchists claim it to have been.

"Fight Like Hell"

"Stop the Steal"

"Go to the Capitol"

Not surprising a cultist forgets "lets do this peacefully" :rofl:
How about not doing it at all?

By the by, I love this narrative that Trump isn't responsible at all for the violence that occurred. On his behalf, for a cause he specifically championed, that happened after a rally he spoke at, at the place he told those rally-goers to go. Just because he said a single sentence at that rally.

It's kind of like a shop owner claiming he isn't responsible for his store burning down after he hired a known pyromaniac. To which he said that he could use the insurance money. Simply because he said during the job interview that he wouldn't like his shop burning down.

Some things are so clearly predictable that claiming you couldn't know something wouldn't happen simply becomes ridiculous.
He told them to protest peacefully. Maybe he was using sign language only white supremacists know and he secretly told them to "burn that mother fucker down"
IM WITH YOU MAN! :lol:
No sign language necessary. Just knowledge of the rhetoric spoken at the rally. The people participating in the rally and the tactics used throughout the time Biden was known to have won.
Right? So what does "lets do this peacefully" mean in RWNJ terms? :lol:
I don't know. What does "trial by combat mean," or for that matter "We’re going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country."

In the end, it doesn't matter those who got arrested because of it almost to a man state they did what they did because they thought that that was what Trump wanted.

That's a pretty bold claim.

Mind citing your source for that?

Thanks so much...

Seriously? You're going to base your argument on the rantings of some nut-case who showed up in a horned head dress?

Okay, I'll just chalk this up as a "win" for me...

No, we're basing our arguments on the rantings of a nut case who was President at the time.
Biden had not been sworn in yet and Obama-Nation was four years in the past. There's the real nut-case POTUS of recent times, and elected looters as well.

No Congress critter apparatchiks were hauled off to re-education camps or firing squads.
None of the couple hundred whom occupied the one part of one building claimed they now hold the office of the representative/senator that scurried away.
Many people may have broken laws, but the substance of the Federal government was neither challenged nor changed.

HOWEVER ...
On the other hand ...
For 4-5+ months during the previous Summer of 2020, in several cities of the USA, we had "occupation" and "autonomous" zones ~CHAZ/CHAOS which in essence had declared and engaged in insurrection, claimed secession, sedition and those months also included near daily riots, vandalism, looting, arson, property damage, attacks upon Federal buildings with destruction and levels of occupation, assaults upon local police and Federal officers, assorted crimes against citizens, assaults, rapes, even a few murders, etc.

All this is on a collective scale that is thousands of times above and beyond what happened for a few hours on a single day in January.

All this was supported, if not encouraged, by the leadership of the Democratic party, both implicit and via their not speaking out in objection to or efforts to defuse and disperse the insurgents occupying portions of many major cities.

The @150 days of lawlessness and insurrection of the Summer of "Luv"-2020 is so quickly overlooked, forgotten, minimized, and swept under the rug.

This is the insult to injury we saw from the Left and the source of past and present clear danger to our Nation. Telling is that silence of those whom choose to ignore it and play sleigh of hand, mis-direction.
View attachment 505127
So typical of the loose mush for brains that the Leftist-loonies have and explains why everything they say are lies, distortions, and disinformation.

The explosion in the background was the AntiFa and fellow thugs and insurrectionists riots in cities like Portland, Seattle, and several others we saw for months during the last Summer, 2020.

The couple hours of street theater seen on Jan.6,2021 doesn't even compare. Jan. 6,2021 was not the "Seven Days in May" Leftist anarchists claim it to have been.
LOL

Yes, because a movie is a threat to our democracy. :eusa_doh:

"poor false equivalency" comes from Leftist loonies and traitors whom think a couple hours of frat pranks by a couple hundred "fifth columists" on ONE DAY is the same as @150 DAYS, in SEVERAL USA CITIES, where there was riot-vandalism-looting-assaults on police and federal LEO-arson of federal and local government buildings-theft and arson of private business and property-assaults/rapes/injury and murder of citizens- in essence REAL riot, insurrection, and treason.

HOWEVER ...
On the other hand ...

View attachment 505127

LOL

Obviously this discussion includes concepts beyond the mental grasp and skills the public education system should have helped you develop.

"Stop the Steal"

"Fight like Hell"

"Go to the Capitol"

You forgot "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

He didn't call for an insurrection. He didn't call for a riot. The responsibility for the decision to riot and break into the Capitol building lies 100% on the shoulders of those who committed the act. I know dimwit libs are petrified at the very thought of "personal responsibility", but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist...

"poor false equivalency" comes from Leftist loonies and traitors whom think a couple hours of frat pranks by a couple hundred "fifth columists" on ONE DAY is the same as @150 DAYS, in SEVERAL USA CITIES, where there was riot-vandalism-looting-assaults on police and federal LEO-arson of federal and local government buildings-theft and arson of private business and property-assaults/rapes/injury and murder of citizens- in essence REAL riot, insurrection, and treason.
"frat pranks"

LOLOLOL

Your boys are gonna do 10-20 for those "frat pranks."

tenor.gif

HOWEVER ...
On the other hand ...

View attachment 505127

LOL

Obviously this discussion includes concepts beyond the mental grasp and skills the public education system should have helped you develop.
Apparently, it includes old movies too.

:abgg2q.jpg:

"Fight Like Hell"

"Stop the Steal"

"Go to the Capitol"

'SOUNDS' like pretty explicit instructions'?

Yeah, I guess so, if you are a TDS-suffering, irrational hate-driven trump-addicted snowflake.

I missed in your post where Trump supposedly ordered protestors / supporters to:

'Fight your way into the Capitol'
'Physically confront / engage the police.'
'Smash your way into the Capitol'
'Join the Insurrection'

Instead you posted:

'Fight Like Hell'
- Pelosi, Schumer, Maxine Waters, and more have used these exact words before. Their violent rhetoric resulted in firebombed GOP election offices, physical altercations with GOP officials / candidates, and an assassination attempt against GOP politicians in a public park. Where was your rebuke, opposition to, and call for punishment of the Democrats who did so? <crickets>

'Stop the Steal'
- GOP politicians were attempting to do so in the Capitol and Trump asked the protestors / supporters there to walk down to the capitol to CHEER them on. This is still no evidence of a call for violence. Try again.

'Go to the Capitol'
- OMG! 'GO to the Capitol'! How awful! How the hells do you get 'violently affect an Insurrection' out of 'GO to the Capitol'?!

'Sounds like some pretty explicit instructions.'
- No, it sounds like a snowflake projecting something NOT there.

Yet a majority of both the house and senate - including many Republicans voted to impeach Trump and found him guilty of inciting the insurrection.

Many Republicans - including Mitch McConnell - stated that they believed Trump was responsible.

Only an idiot or a partisan hack would deny that Trump was responsible for inciting the attempted insurrection.

You seem to qualify for both.
And only idiots and left leaning partisan hacks would consider a couple hours worth of basically frat pranks and minor law breaking by individuals an insurrection.

Definition of insurrection

: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Occupying private and government property and then declaring such as an "Autonomous Zone", no longer subject to authority and laws of the city, state, or nation; such as seen in Seattle with CHAZ/CHAOS in several months of Summer 2020 is an INSURRECTION.

They should have been treated as the hostile nation they claimed to be and carpet bombed into non-existence!

You want to know what is a false equivalency?

Comparing riots as part of larger demonstrations against police violence. Precipitated by a very real case of fatal police violence. That wasn't called for by a political party but rather a grassroots response.

To a riot as part of a larger campaign to try to overturn the election. Precipitated by conspiracy theories and without actual proof of anything untoward happening. That was called for by, and in support of the leader of a political party. At the place, this leader told them to go, for the specific purpose of trying to stop the peaceful transition of power.

Last edited:

HOWEVER ...
On the other hand ...

View attachment 505127

LOL

Apparently concepts of memes and metaphors another shortfall of your limited education.

HOWEVER ...
On the other hand ...

View attachment 505127

LOL

Apparently concepts of memes and metaphors another shortfall of your limited education.
I prefer to live in reality. You should join the rest of us here sometime.

"frat pranks"

LOLOLOL

Your boys are gonna do 10-20 for those "frat pranks."

tenor.gif
Some of the "your boys" may have been AntiFa sorts doing the Saul Alinsky "fifth element" dance.

Meanwhile, we continue to see charges dropped and the real rioters, Leftist~AntiFa scum of Summer 2020 receiving little to no time or penalty for their greater crimes and felonies.

Forum List

Back