sig mosquito owners.....

maybelooking

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2021
well if you have one of these guns you know what a complete POS it is right out of the box. Mines been in the safe for about 4 years. I was too disgusted with it to even try and shoot it anymore.

fast forward to yesterday I decided to do some research and reading. As of this morning I am happy to report it runs flawlessly (100 rounds so far) and is eating cheap ammo.

It was just as simple as doing some serious polishing with my Dremel to the feed ramp, hammer, and rail (that slides on the hammer....sorry dont know the technical term for it)

Before I did this work it would jam nearly every single round. very happy with the results!!!!

well if you have one of these guns you know what a complete POS it is right out of the box. Mines been in the safe for about 4 years. I was too disgusted with it to even try and shoot it anymore.

fast forward to yesterday I decided to do some research and reading. As of this morning I am happy to report it runs flawlessly (100 rounds so far) and is eating cheap ammo.

It was just as simple as doing some serious polishing with my Dremel to the feed ramp, hammer, and rail (that slides on the hammer....sorry dont know the technical term for it)

Before I did this work it would jam nearly every single round. very happy with the results!!!!
The problem with rim fires is the primer doesn't always work.
They should have a firing pin design that strikes the rim in multiple places at the same time.
22rimfiredesign2.jpg

The problem with rim fires is the primer doesn't always work.
They should have a firing pin design that strikes the rim in multiple places at the same time.
View attachment 698856
yeah I agree.....but with the mosquito the problem is failure to feeds, failure to ejects, just not cycling correctly.

but a little well placed polishing and sanding and it can be fixed.

Mine will only feed CCI Stingers or other more expensive rounds. The 525 round federal or remington bricks are only good in my rifle or revolver.

I don't really mind because it's pretty much my wife's carry weapon since she's confident with it and anything bigger still makes her flinch.

Mine will only feed CCI Stingers or other more expensive rounds. The 525 round federal or remington bricks are only good in my rifle or revolver.

I don't really mind because it's pretty much my wife's carry weapon since she's confident with it and anything bigger still makes her flinch.
yeah I think sig recommends mini mags. mine is just for plinking so I wanted it to run with cheap ammo and now it does.

My PMR-30 shoots .22 WMR of 40 gr but it regularly jams. I'm sick of it and will be selling.

Forum List

Back