Should you be a robot on the internet?

Does Sticks and Stones apply to the internet/Message board posts?

• Total voters
What are your thoughts on words written on a screen from a complete stranger? Do you feel emotion? Or do you pretend its just gobbledegoop and like water off a ducks back, it should just puddle and dissipate?

Poster A said:
If words hurt you, you have problems.
If you let words from anonymous people about anonymous people hurt you should disconnect from the web and reevaluate your life.

Poster B said:
If you have no emotions, no soul, no morals, have no concept of what is right or wrong and that a real human being is behind that monitor reading your words, then you should disconnect from the web and reevaluate your life.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you ever get angry at something you read? Laugh? Are those not emotions?

Wait! The people who post on the Internet are real?!

I thought it was some grandiose Turning Test failure.

You must be wanting to be hurt! :lol:

I do. But my tolerance for pain is too high.

Well, we can beat you into submission. j/k :lol:

What are your thoughts on words written on a screen from a complete stranger? Do you feel emotion? Or do you pretend its just gobbledegoop and like water off a ducks back, it should just puddle and dissipate?

Poster A said:
If you let words from anonymous people about anonymous people hurt you should disconnect from the web and reevaluate your life.

Poster B said:
If you have no emotions, no soul, no morals, have no concept of what is right or wrong and that a real human being is behind that monitor reading your words, then you should disconnect from the web and reevaluate your life.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you ever get angry at something you read? Laugh? Are those not emotions?

Please do. Unfortunately, I used to be married. So I no longer feel pain.

Hate filled words toward me online or offline hurt me....I will admit it. I react in different ways depending on what is said, and who said it though. I generally am not, but can get vicious if hurt.

If you know what you know? Don't let the trolls bother you......I certainly don't.

Hate filled words toward me online or offline hurt me....I will admit it. I react in different ways depending on what is said, and who said it though. I generally am not, but can get vicious if hurt.

If you know what you know? Don't let the trolls bother you......I certainly don't.

Trolls really don't bother me in that way. It is usually someone I felt was a friend.

Poster A said:

Poster B said:

Please do. Unfortunately, I used to be married. So I no longer feel pain.

:lmao:

Kat, you have to realize that most of the time when someone says something negative about you they are actually talking about themselves.

It's called psychological projection. You see a lot of that here.

Been sitting here thinking about it. That first real cry was the first..and last time...it ever happened. Sure I have gotten pissed off and given as good as I got...but nary a tear ever fell again. I felt totally stupid. Like...."wtf? Are you CRAZY?" I told myself. And I guess I was. Duh. Now I turn red just thinking about it, in embarrassment.

And..with that said...I am off to bed. Got up wayyyyy too early this morning and me eyeballs are drooping.

Y'all have a good night.:)

Been sitting here thinking about it. That first real cry was the first..and last time...it ever happened. Sure I have gotten pissed off and given as good as I got...but nary a tear ever fell again. I felt totally stupid. Like...."wtf? Are you CRAZY?" I told myself. And I guess I was. Duh. Now I turn red just thinking about it, in embarrassment.

But people are people whether it is behind a computer screen or not. You have nothing to be embarrassed over. IMO

Forum List

Back