Should women who claim the rape exemption for abortion have to report the rape to the cops?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
It appears the women want the authorities to just take the word of the woman that she was raped!. That renders this law toothless. They'll all say it.

`GOP women object to rape clause in 20-week abortion bill - Lauren French and Jake Sherman - POLITICO

Updated 1/16/15 8:41 PM EST

HERSHEY, Pa. — A group of female GOP lawmakers is trying to pressure the Republican leadership team to make changes to a 20-week abortion ban the House is set to vote on next week.

Led by Rep. Renee Ellmers of North Carolina, the lawmakers are protesting language that requires a rape victim to formally report her assault to police to qualify for an exemption from the legislation’s abortion restrictions.

Reps. Louise Slaughter (D-N.Y.) and Diana DeGette (D-Colo.) said it was “unconscionable” to force rape victims to formally report the rape before seeking an abortion.

“Forcing women to go on-the-record about such a traumatic experience as a prerequisite to getting help is unconscionable, and adds to the pain of women who are survivors of rape or incest,” the two Democrats said in a statement.

• Banned
This change will also result in millions of women falsely claiming rape which the feminists will trumpet as "proof" that rapists are everywhere. Make the dumb bitches go to the cops and file a report.

Don't you know women usually lie about rape and even if they don't, they probably enjoyed it?

well, truly...most anyone raped has probably made up their minds on what they are going to choose to do, LONG BEFORE reaching the 20 weeks...

And why is this a ''federal'' issue? Each State, via roe v wade, is only required to allow abortions up to 12 weeks, after 12 weeks each state can have their own laws...when I was young and lived in NJ, a girl friend in my homeroom was pregnant...she was maybe 16? yrs old, she did not tell her parents, she wanted to have the baby...her parents found out when she was almost 4 months in to pregnancy, and NJ had a 12 week cut off for abortion, so her parents brought her to new york state, and pretty much forced her to get an abortion... sad story all around.... but the point being, I believe Roe v Wade....the SC ruling only said states could not prevent abortion prior to 12 weeks, if I am correct?

So this 20 week thing congress is trying to pass actually extends what the SC has ruled, doesn't it????? what the heck???

• Banned
Don't you know women usually lie about rape and even if they don't, they probably enjoyed it?

Everyone knows they lie about rape. Ask any cop and he'll tell you half the rape accusations are just whores who didn't get paid.

Not only should they have to report it, they should be required to provide as much info as possible, cooperate with the investigation and testify at trial if requested to by the DA.

Women found to have filed a false report would be charged with filing a false report and perjury. They'd be required to repay all legal fees for the falsely accused individual.

Last edited:
Thought that was a given? I'm against abortion exept in the case of rape, or where carrying to term endangers the woman. But if claiming it's a rapist's child, I assumed a police report went with that somewhere.

Not only should they have to report it, they should be required to provide as much info as possible, cooperate with the investigation and testify at trial if requested to by the DA.

Women found to have filed a false report would be charged with filing a false report and perjury. They'd be required to repay all legal fees for the falsely accused individual.

You're not allowed to say that.

Forum List

Back