On CBS News’ “Face The Nation” Harris Repeatedly Refuses to Say If Abortion Should Have a Limit

There’s compelling medical reasons to ban at 21 weeks. And that number will continue to go down as medical advances take place.

But Democrats are already on record for demanding abortions at 9 months and even after.

She’s one of those evil monsters obviously with her unwillingness to answer any limit.

There are no compelling reasons to have any prohibitions on abortions at all. This is a matter between a woman and her doctor.

The abortions at 20+ weeks are the ones most medically necessary. The ones which involve the lives of either the fetus or the mother, or both. You can't even get the results of your amniocentsis until after 21 weeks, and that when the most serious genetic abnormalities are detected.

Nobody carries a pregnancy to 21 weeks, and just decides they don't want a baby, and only an idiot believes otherwise.

• Fake News
Reactions: DBA
I care less. Doe v Bolton ruled that if there was a health exception it had to include things like mental health or in other words, anything

The late term ban, upheld because of RvW specifically excluded such an exemption.

US Supreme Court approves ban on “partial birth abortion”
As I pointed out earlier...the broad definition of "health" allowed abortion clinics to perform hundreds of thousands of late term abortions! Doe v Bolton is the accompanying Supreme Court decision to Roe v Wade.

Once again, men are telling women when they can have an abortion.

Go fuck yourselves, it really is none of your business.

I'm simply arguing the facts of the situation so if facts offend you that much perhaps you need to find another hobby.

Once again, men are telling women when they can have an abortion.

Go fuck yourselves, it really is none of your business.
So your position is that a fetus has no rights? Right up to the moment that it is born? I'm pro choice, Dragonlady but I look at that as barbaric. Sorry but it is.

As I pointed out earlier...the broad definition of "health" allowed abortion clinics to perform hundreds of thousands of late term abortions! Doe v Bolton is the accompanying Supreme Court decision to Roe v Wade.

There was never hundreds of thousands late term abortions ever.

Again DvB simply argued that if there was a health exemption it had to included anything.

It did not argue there must be one.

Just as there was not in the ban that was upheld by the Supreme Court.

I'm simply arguing the facts of the situation so if facts offend you that much perhaps you need to find another hobby.
Dragonlady is the perfect example of what Harris is trying to do...placate the abortion on demand at any time wing of the liberals while not horrifying moderates who think we should have the same kind of common sense restrictions as most of the rest of the civilized world.

There was never hundreds of thousands late term abortions ever.

Again DvB simply argued that if there was a health exemption it had to included anything.

It did not argue there must be one.

Just as there was not in the ban that was upheld by the Supreme Court.
So what did Doe v Bolton establish?

So your position is that a fetus has no rights? Right up to the moment that it is born? I'm pro choice, Dragonlady but I look at that as barbaric. Sorry but it is.

This isn't about "rights". This is WOMEN'S HEALTH.

WHAT PART OF THE LATE TERM ABORTIONS ARE THE MOST MEDICALLY NECESSARY ABORTIONS. WOMEN DON'T CARRY A FETUS FOR 5 OR 6 MONTHS AND THEN SUDDENLY DECIDE THEY DON'T WANT A BABY.

As we have seen in the past year, when MEN who aren't doctors start telling women what medical care they are allowed to have - the women DIE, in large numbers.

THERE IS NO OTHER COUNTRY IN THE FIRST WORLD WHERE MORE WOMEN ARE DYING OF PREGNANCY COMPLICATIONS THAN THEY WERE 5 YEARS AGO.

THESE WOMEN DON'T NEED TO DIE. THIS IS BARBARIC.

Dragonlady is the perfect example of what Harris is trying to do...placate the abortion on demand at any time wing of the liberals while not horrifying moderates who think we should have the same kind of common sense restrictions as most of the rest of the civilized world.

Harris supported RvW, it would appear Dragonlady does not.

So what did Doe v Bolton establish?

I already noted. It ruled that if there is a health exemption "health had to include everything including things like Mental health.

The Hyde Amendment also addressed this.

I already noted. It ruled that if there is a health exemption "health had to include everything including things like Mental health.

The Hyde Amendment also addressed this.
So basically there was a way to end run Roe v Wade's 3rd trimester rule. A woman simply had to claim that having a baby would endanger her "mental health". I know I keep repeating this but I'm Pro Choice...I just think there has to be limits. Dragonlady has no limits. She's the far left that Harris can't answer that question to her honestly because she knows that she'll get the same response that we're now getting.

So basically there was a way to end run Roe v Wade's 3rd trimester rule. A woman simply had to claim that having a baby would endanger her "mental health". I know I keep repeating this but I'm Pro Choice...I just think there has to be limits. Dragonlady has no limits. She's the far left that Harris can't answer that question to her honestly because she knows that she'll get the same response that we're now getting.

RvW didn't ban abortions after viability. It simply stated they could be banned after viability and they were.

RvW didn't ban abortions after viability. It simply stated they could be banned after viability and they were.
Not totally, as I pointed out the Supreme Court decision that basically partnered with Roe v Wade allowed abortion doctors to perform 3rd term abortions by claiming that having a baby would endanger the mother's "mental health". That's been established law since the 1970's.

Not totally, as I pointed out the Supreme Court decision that basically partnered with Roe v Wade allowed abortion doctors to perform 3rd term abortions by claiming that having a baby would endanger the mother's "mental health". That's been established law since the 1970's.

Sheesh. Laws followed DvB. There were very few 3rd trimester abortions under any scenario at that.

“What is it that you believe?” Brennan asked. “I mean, what week of pregnancy should abortion access be cut off?”

“We need to restore the protections of Roe v. Wade,” Harris responded. “We’re not trying to do something new–”

“Let me be very clear. From day one, the president has been clear, I have been clear,” she continued. “We need to put back the protections that are in Roe v. Wade into law. Since the Supreme Court took it, Congress has the power and ability to pass legislation to put those protections back in law and Joe Biden will sign that bill. So, that is what we want.”

Brennan again pressed Harris on the matter, asking if there needed to be specific “terms of defining where that guarantee goes up to and where it does not, at which week of pregnancy.”

“We need to put back in place the protections of Roe v. Wade,” Harris responded. “We’re not trying to-, we’re not trying to do anything that did not exist before June of last year. We are saying–”

Brennan then noted that Republicans have pointed out that Democrat policies allow for abortions up until the moment of birth.

“Which is ridiculous–,” Harris claimed. “And it’s a mischaracterization of the point.”

“I am being precise,” Harris later added. “We need to put into law the protections of Roe v. Wade.”

She clearly stands by murdering babies as they’re born. She can dance and spin forever, but her position is clear. She wants dead babies. Democrats are either murdering children or sexually mutating them. That is beyond dispute.

BTW- where’s that pile of dead women I was promised when RvW was overturned?

Abortion is but one of three main issues that will keep the White House in Democrat hands, and return the House to them in 2024.

Sheesh. Laws followed DvB. There were very few 3rd trimester abortions under any scenario at that.
So you've gone from stating that abortions were banned in the 3rd trimester to stating that there are very few that were allowed? It's about 1.6% of all abortions, PK but 1.6% of all abortions since the 1970's is more than a "few".

Forum List

Back