Should welfare recipients be able to vote?

Should welfare recipients be allowed to vote or is it a conflict of interest?

• It's a conflict of interest, they should not vote until they are contributing again

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Everyone should be able to vote regardless of if they take or receive from government

Votes: 36 76.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Let me state clearly and succintly : the federal governmnet has no authority to financially assist KBR, Halliburton, Moesha or Juan.

Yet, you don't attack these people's voting rights.

You just go after the poor while parading around with your Statue of Liberty avatar. Do you even know what is written on the Statue of Liberty?

Yes comrade, to use government guns to forcibly redistribute less of other people's money to the poor is to "go after them"

Last edited:
then what iz??? The way I see it the takers will soon outnumber the givers,, it's about 50 50 now.. when that scale tips it's all over but the crying dude.

and why would that scale tip ? because having basic food and shelter has become the new american dream ? or because government and corporate america has looted the nation ?

Progressive tax system will tip the scale, helped along by 20 million illegals helping themselves to our hard word and tresure. You should be careful what you ask for. sometimes.

More ignorance from the right... how unsurprising. You guys do know that many illegals use false Social Security numbers, right? Sure... many work under the table too... but plenty of illegals pay taxes and contribute to Social Security and will never see a dime of any of it.

Actually my issue was with him. He said I should pay for his grandmother first and I said he should first. I also said government should be last resort. As for congress having spent it, I agree, but that doesn't change that it's welfare, in fact it makes it so.

IT IS NOT WELFARE. Stop with the lies. Social Security is a pre paid retirement fund that everyone pays into when they start working. Do some people get more out of it than others? Sure. Some live to be 67 and actually lose the rest that they paid in. Some live to be 100 and get more than they paid in.

But no way in hell is it welfare. Same with Medicare. Do you work for a living Kaz? You ever look at your pay stub?

There is no social security trust fund. They collect a tax and spend it.

Oh, kaz, but they invest it in t-bills, don't they?

OK, but who pays back the t-bills? Your children.

So, you give your children a trust fund of t-bills, you also give them the bill to pay back the t-bills. How is that a trust fund?

Hey... it's not my fault they(including reagan) Robbed Social Security... But a debt is a debt. It's not welfare. That's a twisted conclusion.

and why would that scale tip ? because having basic food and shelter has become the new american dream ? or because government and corporate america has looted the nation ?

Progressive tax system will tip the scale, helped along by 20 million illegals helping themselves to our hard word and tresure. You should be careful what you ask for. sometimes.

More ignorance from the right... how unsurprising. You guys do know that many illegals use false Social Security numbers, right? Sure... many work under the table too... but plenty of illegals pay taxes and contribute to Social Security and will never see a dime of any of it.
So your standard is that as long as one illegal alien pays one dollar in social security no one can say illegals don't pay their fair share. Wow, you really do have high standards, don't you?

It's a clear conflict of interest. They are not stakeholders when they are taking and not giving, and their voting reflects it. They should not be able to vote. Two clarifications:

1) I am talking about all forms of welfare, including social security and medicare. You are living on someone else's money, it's welfare.

2) I am only not allowing them to vote for one year after they take a welfare check. Once they become a full citizen who is a stakeholder in our country again, they get to vote again.

That's odd.

I thought that people on social security PREPAID for that insuracne benefit.

IT IS NOT WELFARE. Stop with the lies. Social Security is a pre paid retirement fund that everyone pays into when they start working. Do some people get more out of it than others? Sure. Some live to be 67 and actually lose the rest that they paid in. Some live to be 100 and get more than they paid in.

But no way in hell is it welfare. Same with Medicare. Do you work for a living Kaz? You ever look at your pay stub?

So, you give your children a trust fund of t-bills, you also give them the bill to pay back the t-bills. How is that a trust fund?

Hey... it's not my fault they(including reagan) Robbed Social Security... But a debt is a debt. It's not welfare. That's a twisted conclusion.

That we give our kids a trust fund and the bill to fund the trust fund is "twisted." And then liberals tell us they are smarter then we are. Now that's funny.

As for Reagan, you need to learn what powers the President has because what you said wasn't one of them

It's a clear conflict of interest. They are not stakeholders when they are taking and not giving, and their voting reflects it. They should not be able to vote. Two clarifications:

1) I am talking about all forms of welfare, including social security and medicare. You are living on someone else's money, it's welfare.

2) I am only not allowing them to vote for one year after they take a welfare check. Once they become a full citizen who is a stakeholder in our country again, they get to vote again.

That's odd.

I thought that people on social security PREPAID for that insuracne benefit.

You're wrong, read the discussion

So your standard is that as long as one illegal alien pays one dollar in social security no one can say illegals don't pay their fair share. Wow, you really do have high standards, don't you?

WTF? ONE ILLEGAL? ONE DOLLAR?

Project your bias much?

The illegals that are using fake SS numbers are paying in at the exact rate as any US Citizen working for the same wages. Like I said... yes... there are a lot who work under the table. But that practice is not just used by illegals. Our own citizens do it too.

That we give our kids a trust fund and the bill to fund the trust fund is "twisted." And then liberals tell us they are smarter then we are. Now that's funny.

As for Reagan, you need to learn what powers the President has because what you said wasn't one of them

It really doesn't matter what the powers of the President are, does it? That is a different discussion. The point is... They "Borrowed" from the trust fund. They need to pay it back. Furthermore. They need to create legislation that makes further "Borrowing" illegal.

It's real simple to fix. Your side would just rather cancel the debt and screw millions of people out of a fund that they've paid into their whole lives.

It really doesn't matter what the powers of the President are, does it? That is a different discussion. The point is... They "Borrowed" from the trust fund. They need to pay it back. Furthermore. They need to create legislation that makes further "Borrowing" illegal.

It's real simple to fix. Your side would just rather cancel the debt and screw millions of people out of a fund that they've paid into their whole lives.

There was never a trust fund.

WTF? ONE ILLEGAL? ONE DOLLAR?

Project your bias much?

The illegals that are using fake SS numbers are paying in at the exact rate as any US Citizen working for the same wages. Like I said... yes... there are a lot who work under the table. But that practice is not just used by illegals. Our own citizens do it too.

First, you don't know what "project" means, Google is a wonderful tool, it makes you look less ignorant then you are.

Second, citizens are citizens, saying what citizens do is ok therefore for illegal aliens is ridiculous.

As for one dollar, that's what we have as long as you stick with anecdotal arguments. If you don't know what that means, remember my Google tip...

I understand the concept of "since they can vote public funds from the treasury they shouldn't be able to vote" however I dont agree with keeping welfare receipients from voting. Its wrong to do in my opinion.

Now illegal immigrants on the other hand, they aren't citizens so NO vote.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. "

However, we are a contitutional republic and not a democracy so its different.

Last edited:

Social Security and Medicare are not welfare.

It is a forced retirement program, that is you are forced to pay into it your whole life. Welfare is different, we dont all pay a specific "welfare tax" whose funds are soley dedicated to welfare like we do with social security and medicare.

I just had to correct that, carry on.

I understand the concept of "since they can vote public funds from the treasury they shouldn't be able to vote" however I dont agree with keeping welfare receipients from voting. Its wrong to do in my opinion.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. "

We are SUPPOSED TO BE a Constitutional Republic, but since 1935 we have been operating as a welfare/warfare state.

We are SUPPOSED TO BE a Constitutional Republic, but since 1935 we have been operating as a welfare/warfare state.

And thats why we have to work to change that before the rest is destroyed by the unconstitutional laws congress keeps passing and the supreme court keeps upholding.

It could get ugly on the road back though. I could see welfare receipients showing up at people's places of work getting all violent and protesting the fact that they still get to keep about 50% of the money they earn....then one day the workers get sick of it and fight back...bam ugly.

hard hearted people
Waxed over Cold, is the term the Bible uses, for the followers of evil, in the bible's end times prophesy..... so hard hearted people are the followers of the Beast! :eek:

just sayin' :eusa_whistle:

that's what I read!

The only problem is that they think the "Beast" is Government and government alone, but turn a blind eye towards their own God.... Money and power.

And thats why we have to work to change that before the rest is destroyed by the unconstitutional laws congress keeps passing and the supreme court keeps upholding.

It could get ugly on the road back though. I could see welfare receipients showing up at people's places of work getting all violent and protesting the fact that they still get to keep about 50% of the money they earn....then one day the workers get sick of it and fight back...bam ugly.

Reason we have a right to bear arms.

The parasites knew, or should have known, that the politicians had no right to steal from "A" to support "B"".

Forum List

Back