Should we run our country like a business?

92.gif

92.gif
polls_draft_young_republicans_4152_294246_answer_6_xlarge.gif
92.gif

92.gif

I remember when Ross Perot used the same language. It didnt work then, it won't work now.
The government needs to be run like a government, i.e. starved for funds all the time so they do their job as efficiently as possible.
Ah, yes....let's insist the IRS uses less-expensive software.....like Windows 3.11....so you can bitch & complain about how long it takes you to get your tax-refund!!!

Whatta great idea.....

Wankin.gif

The government is already run like a business. Unfortunately, it's run like a corrupt over bloated business that can't pay it's bills and expects someone to bail them out. But there is no one to bail us out.

How about we just do this: Don't spend money things on stuff we can't afford. Fulfull out responsibilities.

I remember when Ross Perot used the same language. It didnt work then, it won't work now.
The government needs to be run like a government, i.e. starved for funds all the time so they do their job as efficiently as possible.
Ah, yes....let's insist the IRS uses less-expensive software.....like Windows 3.11....so you can bitch & complain about how long it takes you to get your tax-refund!!!

Whatta great idea.....

Wankin.gif

Or we could just abolish the IRS...

Should we run our country like a business?

Yea, can't wait to see what happens to people after they've been "fired".

Whatta great idea.....

Wankin.gif

Or we could just abolish the IRS...
I'm sure that'd keep the nation's Bubbleheads happy....
296.gif
....seeing-as-how they can't spell it, anyhow.....

An interesting interview with Trump.....the epitome of an American capitalist...who says we must deal with China or else we're done...

Donald Trump discusses with Michael Savage subjects like China, a 25% tariff, jobs, Iran, oil, the dollar, the START treaty, his possible run for President, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPSYOzr63L8

If run it like a business means focus only on the Bottom line, then no.

But if it means making sure things are sustainable, and not going to bury us in massive debt. Then Yes.

Should we run the government like a business? Great idea, however, based on the sole objective of perpetuating their culture and standard of living just not plausible. The firing of useless unproductive employees doesn’t work in the public sector, simple politics, look at the teachers for proof.

Yep a business is run to make a profit not for the benefit of it's workers.
The less the workers are paid the more the business makes.

Less pay for government employees.....sounds good to me...

So, you propose we cut the pay of all of the men and women in our armed services? While we are at war? Yes, let the Donald run on THAT platform and see how far he gets....
Here is the perfect example of stupidity. I believe the issue was running the government like a business. Reducing overhead, restructuring the operation, streamlining production to realize the best possible while lowering operating expenses at the same time, how that concerns the safety, wellbeing, and protection, ie military, of our country is a real stretch. Good luck!

Reading some posts in, how come context doesn't matter?

Trump means run the fucking thing in an effective and efficient manner, and govt. isn't really suited for most of it. Govt. employees abuse their positions and are ineffective, for starts. Fuck, look at California, GEEZUS. Look at the election and post office, GEEZUS

Should we run the government like a business? Great idea, however, based on the sole objective of perpetuating their culture and standard of living just not plausible. The firing of useless unproductive employees doesn’t work in the public sector, simple politics, look at the teachers for proof.
The government is not and can not be run like business. Running it as business would be as stupid as trying to run a church like whorehouse.

The purpose of our government is best stated by the preamble of the constitution, to establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity. The purpose of businesses is to delivery goods and services at a profit. There is no similarity and attempting to run one like the other is pure foolishness.

Then how do you eliminate, duplication, waste and inefficiency? How do you contain its growth? The end product Freedom, life liberty and pursuit of happiness is not necessarily the result of an ever expanding and meddling bureaucracy. The founding fathers understood the evils of a centralized omnipotent government, instituted checks and balances, limited the scope of power, and formed a republic. How does the republic exist when the rights of the states, citizens, are overwhelmed by the centralized federal bureaucracy?

Then how do you eliminate, duplication, waste and inefficiency? How do you contain its growth? The end product Freedom, life liberty and pursuit of happiness is not necessarily the result of an ever expanding and meddling bureaucracy. The founding fathers understood the evils of a centralized omnipotent government, instituted checks and balances, limited the scope of power, and formed a republic. How does the republic exist when the rights of the states, citizens, are overwhelmed by the centralized federal bureaucracy?
Our government is very efficient but not very effective. That is due to laws congress passes and regulations that are needed to implement those laws. To make government more effective congress needs to revisit numerous laws an remove sections that require regulations that are not really needed. Wiping out regulations without changing the laws that require them does not solve the problem.

The sad truth is a democratic government can never be very effective. It's just the nature of beast.

Last edited:
I see sense in running the country as a business. I think it would work well as long we have as CEO somebody that has risen up through the ranks based on leadership abilities, not nepotism. Getting somebody without a history of business bankruptcies would be helpful also.

Forum List

Back