Should This Guy Really Go To Jail For Defending Himself From A Thug??

Those are the ones who should not be armed.
One of the reasons I prefer that people get a license to carry is they usually have to get some training on when using a firearm for self defense is legal and when it can land you in prison.

you forgot dumbass i used to live in s.cal....i delivered to a section of the Anaheim Hills with million dollar houses....lots of brown rich people there....try your bullshit on people who live in other States....i know better...
Yeah, there are a good number of wealthy Indians in Yorba Linda / Anaheim Hills.…But I don’t reside in either.

Why do black people scare you so much that you want to hide from them?
Dark people don’t scare me at all…I‘m kinda like all those wealthy dark people….I simply prefer to live in safe, clean, productive communities….you know, white communities.
But but but….”Our diversity is our strength”

"A man who had just been robbed at gunpoint at an ATM in southeast Houston opened fire in an attempt to stop his attacker but instead shot and wounded a 9-year-old girl in a truck driving nearby, police said. The girl remained hospitalized in critical condition after the shooting Monday evening, police said. [She later died]. The 41-year-old man who shot her was arrested and is expected to be charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, police said in a statement Tuesday.

She is the second 9-year-old girl to be shot in Houston within a week. Ashanti Grant remains hospitalized after being shot in the head during a road rage attack Feb. 8. In Monday’s shooting, the man and his wife were at the ATM at around 9:45 p.m. when another man walked up to their vehicle and robbed them at gunpoint, Slinkard said. As the suspect fled on foot, the man got out of his vehicle and opened fire, including at a pickup truck he thought the robbery suspect had climbed into, police said. But the truck carrying a family of five was not involved and had been “simply driving” down a street near the ATM, Slinkard said."

On one hand, you would want a man to be able to defend himself, his family and his property from criminals..so he had every right to go after this guy...however, he made the mistake of shooting at the wrong car...and a little girl got it.... It was an honest mistake, is it not? Sometimes you have collateral damage when there is a war...and there is a war on crime going on right now; this guy was just fighting back....he had to make a split second decision and this accident happened...Should he be charged with murder/manslaughter or no?

If he is ultimately charged with murder, won't this send the wrong message to the rest of us?? For example, you see someone trying to rob a person..and running off with that person's property....you shoot at the robber to try to stop his escape...and one of the bullets hit someone else - why should the law-biding citizen be charged in that scenario??
Whilst I sympathise with the guy, the law said he murdered the kid.
The courts will make the decision.

Revenge Is Part of Civilized Society's Survival Instinct

Not killing the thief is what endangers the public. Logically, the girl was the victim of the thief, who created the situation.

Her parents shouldn't have been driving in such a dangerous neighborhood. They are not innocent if they vote for the Democratic thug-huggers, so there is no such thing as a "law-abiding person of color."
And i bet every women who gets raped deserves it too right?

I am not sure about where this took place, but in many (maybe even most) states the shooter could have been charged with murder if he had hit the thief since there was no danger to him any longer

Good luck finding a jury to convict the guy though.

Good luck finding a jury to convict the guy though.

Anyone that is not a cold blooded killer themselves would convict this guy. I am a gun owner, I fully support the 2nd Amendment and the right to self defense. Someone that is more than 100 feet away moving away from you is not a threat. This moron just started opening fire because he thought he was John Wick and the result is a dead 9 year old.

He is lucky the father of the 9 year old was not armed

Anyone that is not a cold blooded killer themselves would convict this guy. I am a gun owner, I fully support the 2nd Amendment and the right to self defense. Someone that is more than 100 feet away moving away from you is not a threat. This moron just started opening fire because he thought he was John Wick and the result is a dead 9 year old.

He is lucky the father of the 9 year old was not armed

I was talking about if he managed to get the guy who actually robbed him.

I think gun owners should have to go through a course on use of deadly force before they pick up a firearm. Most uber Conservative wanna be gun owners get their concepts on use of deadly force from TV. One of the rules of use of weapons is KNOWING where you rounds will end up. He murdered a 9 year old kid. If he had shot the perp in that situation he murded him too. If he had shot the perp while he, or others. was still threatened more power to him. In the situation described above the gun owner probably never should have had one.

I think gun owners should have to go through a course on use of deadly force before they pick up a firearm. Most uber Conservative wanna be gun owners get their concepts on use of deadly force from TV. One of the rules of use of weapons is KNOWING where you rounds will end up. He murdered a 9 year old kid. If he had shot the perp in that situation he murded him too. If he had shot the perp while he, or others. was still threatened more power to him. In the situation described above the gun owner probably never should have had one.
Sweeping generalizations therefore irrelevant.

As evidenced by shooting wildly at someone that just stole a hundred bucks or so that was running away, killing a kid by accident and then discussing it on an internet forum. Of course the guy killed her. It was in no way "right" for him to do that. What are you attempting to defend?

Forum List

Back