Should Texas host the World Cup Final in 2026

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

This is always a topic when discussing human rights and big sporting occasions. Should world events be held in places where not all the world is welcome ?

FIFA is hardly a barometer of decency but they are paying lip service to this.

The argument often made is that by shining a light in dark places we bring them up to accepted civilised standards. Ive made that case myself in the past.

But I cant see texas being changed for the better. Hold the final in New York or take it to Canada even.

This is always a topic when discussing human rights and big sporting occasions. Should world events be held in places where not all the world is welcome ?

The argument often made is that by shining a light in dark places we bring them up to accepted civilised standards. Ive made that case myself in the past.

But I cant see texas being changed for the better. Hold the final in New York or take it to Canada even.
When strict Muslim countries host the Cup while openly persecuting gay people as well as relegating women to second-class status, FIFA has no standing to criticize Texas, where women and homosexuals are free.

When strict Muslim countries host the Cup while openly persecuting gay people as well as relegating women to second-class status, FIFA has no standing to criticize Texas, where women and homosexuals are free.
They have had a lot of citicism over that. FWIW I dont think they should have gone to Russia euther.
The other point is that people knew what they were going to in shitty Qatar. They might think that texas is ok because it is in America.
Give it to a civilised part of America.

here:
1706891676019.png

tighten up your loose screw.

When it comes to listening about human rights and gender equality, the players (and fans) have no say. Racers under the FIM and FIA have the same issues about the ME, but love racing in the USA. In Texas.

When it comes to listening about human rights and gender equality, the players (and fans) have no say. Racers under the FIM and FIA have the same issues about the ME, but love racing in the USA. In Texas.
Yup. The pressure to reform comes from the corporations afraid of alienating the fans.
A friend of mine was offered cash by Qatar to blog positively about his experiences in Qatar. Lots of people were.There werre lots of positive reports but I wonder how many were honest.
I think giving the final to texas would be a kick in the face for decent America.

Yup. The pressure to reform comes from the corporations afraid of alienating the fans.
A friend of mine was offered cash by Qatar to blog positively about his experiences in Qatar. Lots of people were.There werre lots of positive reports but I wonder how many were honest.
I think giving the final to texas would be a kick in the face for decent America.
AT&T stadium will be filled with rabid fans no matter.

They have had a lot of citicism over that. FWIW I dont think they should have gone to Russia euther.
The other point is that people knew what they were going to in shitty Qatar. They might think that texas is ok because it is in America.
Give it to a civilised part of America.
Texas is as civilized as any part of Wales, so there's that.

This. If FIFA has no problem with one group of religious nutjobs making them a profit, they're not going to have a problem with another group of religious nutjobs making them a profit.

Tommy NIMBY sitting in judgement of Americans trying to protect the US and their citizens from a foreign invasion FACILITATED by the Feds.

And yet it happens.
Exactly, individuals do bad things, the state of Texas does not do those things. I dare say that I could find instances of Welshmen behaving badly. Would that be grounds to slam Wales as backward or uncivilized? Texas is an awesome place to hold the World Cup.

Forum List

Back