• Yes

• No

• It's different when we do it

• It depends on whether I agree with their reasons

Results are only viewable after voting.

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
What do you think? Should people and businesses be allowed to refuse service to others?

follow up questions:

Does it matter what their reasons are?
What if the keep their reasons to themselves?

What do you think? Should people and businesses be allowed to refuse service to others?

follow up questions:

no one should be forced to do anything they dont want to do,,
This raises the question.....Separate but equal?

I just don't understand why some companies can do it and others can't.

For example :

Social Media platforms are allowed to just ban Donald Trump (and any immediate contacts with his message) forever - that's fine.
Bars are allowed to ban folk for however long or little they see fit (even for the smallest of reasons like saying something the bar maid doesn't like).
Nightclubs can refuse entry and service if they don't like the shoes someone has on.
Places to eat can refuse service to someone if they don't have a shirt, tie and a jacket.

Yet a Christian baker isn't allowed to refuse to bake a cake for a gay wedding or a traditional B&B/motel owner is legally compelled to rent a room with a double bed out to an unmarried couple.

As always it's just the double standards that irk me.

Way I see it, it's your business you can refuse whatever business you want - that should be your right.

It's also the person/s who's been refused right in response to bad mouth the business/leave bad reviews off the back of it too.

If someone doesn't want my money I have no problem - I'll go elsewhere.

A lot of times I go to USA I get refused the chance to purchase alcohol to take back to my hotel room in gas stations etc because I don't have ID on me (despite being 36 years old, stubble and a receding hairline). It's frustrating, sure, but I don't get on my high horse about it I have a choice - go get my ID, keep my ID on me at all times or move onto the next shop. Simple.

follow up questions:

They should under certain circumstances is my compromise position. TBH, I really don't care if they do for any reason just as long as there is an alternative provider of the the same or comparable goods and services reasonably accessible.

follow up questions:

The Amish shun people. Far as stores ,the right to REFUSE is probably in the constitution. Have to look that one up.

follow up questions:

JC. Refusing service to certain customers means you won't be in biz for long. So retarded to refuse revenue because you don't like someone personally.

Piss off 5 people and they go out of their way to tell everyone they know, and it sticks. Same goes with excellent service and respect for the customer.

follow up questions:

The Amish shun people. Far as stores ,the right to REFUSE is probably in the constitution. Have to look that one up.
I live near a huge Amish community. I don't know what you mean.

Mayor Groot is a repulsive excuse for a human being...Let's not use outliers as the norm.
When I look at that thing. I firmly believe something really happened in Roswell Nevada.

follow up questions:

If someone violates their religious laws, they get shunned. Doesn't happen very often any more.

follow up questions:

If someone violates their religious laws, they get shunned. Doesn't happen very often any more.
The Amish encourage their young adults to leave and live a non Amish life to get it all out of the system. However if you don't return and grow your beard and put a bowl on your head for a haircut, you will be shunned by them.

Now there are some fanatical religious Amish sects. Like everything

follow up questions:

The Amish encourage their young adults to leave and live a non Amish life to get it all out of the system. However if you don't return and grow your beard and put a bowl on your head for a haircut, you will be shunned by them.

Now there are some fanatical religious Amish sects. Like everything
Pretty much like the liberoidals have treated Naomi Wolf.

I just don't understand why some companies can do it and others can't.

For example :

Social Media platforms are allowed to just ban Donald Trump (and any immediate contacts with his message) forever - that's fine.
Bars are allowed to ban folk for however long or little they see fit (even for the smallest of reasons like saying something the bar maid doesn't like).
Nightclubs can refuse entry and service if they don't like the shoes someone has on.
Places to eat can refuse service to someone if they don't have a shirt, tie and a jacket.

Yet a Christian baker isn't allowed to refuse to bake a cake for a gay wedding or a traditional B&B/motel owner is legally compelled to rent a room with a double bed out to an unmarried couple.

As always it's just the double standards that irk me.

Way I see it, it's your business you can refuse whatever business you want - that should be your right.

It's also the person/s who's been refused right in response to bad mouth the business/leave bad reviews off the back of it too.

If someone doesn't want my money I have no problem - I'll go elsewhere.

A lot of times I go to USA I get refused the chance to purchase alcohol to take back to my hotel room in gas stations etc because I don't have ID on me (despite being 36 years old, stubble and a receding hairline). It's frustrating, sure, but I don't get on my high horse about it I have a choice - go get my ID, keep my ID on me at all times or move onto the next shop. Simple.

Those are two very different issues

One is a religious liberty issue

The other is covered by communications decency act and just basically absolves internet platforms of liability. I too get angry when they ask for ID even tho i'm balding and show it to them. Fuckers

no shirt, no shoes, no service

No Sagging Pants.jpg

Forum List

Back