Should Children Get Into Politics?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Or what age should they start? I think a toddler age is ridiculous obviously, but when a child gets to middle school age they should be aware of what's going on in the government in their country even if they can't vote yet. Maybe a bit sooner, but if they can learn about sex around middle school age then they should know about the world around them where they live because obviously they aren't (or they shouldn't be anyways) having sex at that age, but at least they're aware of it so they will know the dangers of unwanted teen pregnancies. So if they know about the government, they can know how to vote when they can vote. Just my two cents anyways.

Or what age should they start? I think a toddler age is ridiculous obviously, but when a child gets to middle school age they should be aware of what's going on in the government in their country even if they can't vote yet. Maybe a bit sooner, but if they can learn about sex around middle school age then they should know about the world around them where they live because obviously they aren't (or they shouldn't be anyways) having sex at that age, but at least they're aware of it so they will know the dangers of unwanted teen pregnancies. So if they know about the government, they can know how to vote when they can vote. Just my two cents anyways.

Never, until they are no longer children.

What context here? You have a link that we can start at?

Children learn what they learn from their parents/caregivers........

the left wanted to allow 16 yr old kids to vote ...proof the left relies on ignorance and inexperience to get votes ..

Just because I want kids to be aware of their government and their surroundings doesn't mean I think they have the mental capacity to vote. Their brains are still developing.

Then provide a link to start your argument with and seed the grounds for a cogent discussion.
What age kids are you talking about??........................

Read my OP again and again this isn't a thread that's desiring a link to it you idiot.

16 is too young to vote. There was good reason to lower the age to 18, but 16 is still a minor, not emancipated, and mostly not that interested in politics, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be involved in other ways or engaged In civics if they are interested.

When they want to get into politics.

The sooner a parent explains politics from the parent's point of view, the sooner the child will understand politics and at least have a baseline from which to judge the flood of political opinions that will be fed to him on whatever mass media he encounters.

Even if the parent is the most deranged of TDS sufferers, the child will understand that there is conflict among Americans about how government should be run.

Parents who want their child to fully understand should start with explaining what government actually is.

If a kid can vote then the kid should be able to purchase a weapon.

From what I remember raising my kid, and watching my niece and my cousins kids grow up, they all age and mature intellectually, at different rates.

I have also noticed, that humans, intellectually at least, seem to tend to regress somewhat, when their hormones kick in.

Not regress in terms of what they know so much, but in their ability to concentrate, retain knowledge, and think critically. As soon as their focus becomes the other sex, peer rank, and the other things that teens think about, their interest in reading and intellectual pursuits, tends to drop off. Indeed, some eleven to thirteen year olds, sometimes seem more intellectually aware of the world when they were younger, than when they are at sixteen.

It is an odd phenomenon IMO. It takes a person till they reach twenty to regain that awareness, or, "spooky," consciousness, and connection to the wider world again.

For some reason, as we grow as humans, as soon as puberty hits, intellectually, self-awareness, cognitively, seems to turn inward, so, culturally and politically, IMO, teens aren't as cognitive of the greater world outside of themselves as pre-teens and post-teens.

Of course, this is just, general across the population. EVERYBODY, ages and develops at their own rate. And this is the crime of state controlled/industry influenced education grading and sorting standards. The very premise of your question is based on that, because everyone born after the civil war was inflicted with it. That fact of the matter is though, there are some people that had the maturity and intelligence to earn high school diplomas at 12, and others that should not have gotten them til 21. That is the hard reality of the situation.

And it has nothing to do with, "intelligence," or "genius," and everything to do with maturity and development.

But, that's just my two cents.

Last edited:
I first registered to vote in 1980 when I was 24, to cast for Ronaldus Magnus.

I think that's a good age for kids to get involved. By then, I had enough experience talking with people about politics in bars, so I knew what I was doing.

I first registered to vote in 1980 when I was 24, to cast for Ronaldus Magnus.

I think that's a good age for kids to get involved. By then, I had enough experience talking with people about politics in bars, so I knew what I was doing.
I went into the Air Force when i was 20, got over the Germany on my first tour of duty. A couple of years later Iran decided to take our embassy. Our jets were on the runway fully loaded to bomb Iran back into the stone age. Spineless Jimmy Carter told US to stand down. The world has seen radical terrorism ever since.

Forum List

Back