Should America Build One Super Sized Prison In One State?

rcfieldz

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2014
U.S.A.
One place where all the criminals would be detained and housed. If they riot and kill each other so be it. Locked away behind giant fences and walls with gun turrets everywhere and a mine field between them and civilized people?

One place where all the criminals would be detained and housed. If they riot and kill each other so be it. Locked away behind giant fences and walls with gun turrets everywhere and a mine field between them and civilized people?
Depends... Is your goal rehabilitation or expulsion?

Expulsion. Put them on an island somewhere and wash our hands of them.

I nominate England to be the island....and we make them row themselves over there too in slave ships.....good luck getting there if the cadence is to an Usher song.

For what level of crime? Drugs? DUI? Assault? Trespassing? Theft? Disturbing the peace?

If one is not going to change their ways or are just a criminal lunatic then that's where they go. Rehab is for non-criminals. Break the law - pay the consequences. Expulsion - do the crime and do the time.

For what level of crime? Drugs? DUI? Assault? Trespassing? Theft? Disturbing the peace?

Any and all unprovoked violent crime against humans.

So it's off to the big house when you spank your kid?

If one is not going to change their ways or are just a criminal lunatic then that's where they go. Rehab is for non-criminals. Break the law - pay the consequences. Expulsion - do the crime and do the time.
You obviously have no experience working with troubled youth. Crime is often very cultural and environmental in poor areas that are dominated by gangs. Many children want to get away from the lifestyle but have little to no option on places to go to get away. They often fear for their lives. Mental health is also a large factor for many criminals. If you are truly passionate about this issue I suggest you get involved in a community program, it may open your eyes

I see the circus has arrived.

I never spanked my kid. I employed psychological torture. :laugh:

He is a real tough guy this Billy

The U.S. justice system had put a 3 strikes law into effect. Obama has softened that for "non -violent" offenders. So we still put killers with killers and lower offences such as "Wall Street" criminals in a laxed jail. Does that help? Of course not. Mentally ill people are mentally ill. Some people are natural born criminals. They just blame other people's acts to influence their own criminal behavior. It's not their fault...ya right.

You obviously have no experience working with troubled youth. Crime is often very cultural and environmental in poor areas that are dominated by gangs. Many children want to get away from the lifestyle but have little to no option on places to go to get away. They often fear for their lives. Mental health is also a large factor for many criminals. If you are truly passionate about this issue I suggest you get involved in a community program, it may open your eyes
Don't waste bandwidth on the facts with the same posters who want to build a prison from a sci-fi movie.

The only problem is, unless you want to send them there and leave them to their own devices with no guards or people to run the facilities, you also got to house the C.O.'s, and they're all going to have to live on your mythical island with them. That would be not so successful for recruitment.

The U.S. justice system had put a 3 strikes law into effect. Obama has softened that for "non -violent" offenders. So we still put killers with killers and lower offences such as "Wall Street" criminals in a laxed jail. Does that help? Of course not. Mentally ill people are mentally ill. Some people are natural born criminals. They just blame other people's acts to influence their own criminal behavior. It's not their fault...ya right.
I teach at a jail sometimes. It is a rehab center where addicts go cold turkey and where out of control bi-polar and psychotic people get back on their meds, and everyone ends up seeming perfectly normal. Until they get out. I've seen it a hundred times. Mental illness and active drug addiction completely change personality.

Don't waste bandwidth on the facts with the same posters who want to build a prison from a sci-fi movie.
Their are now more prisons than colleges.
The U.S. has more jails than colleges. Here’s a map of where those prisoners live.
Incarceration in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
350px-US_incarceration_timeline-clean.svg.png

If this doesn't mean more people are going crazy...what does?
Your life is in real danger my friend.

Actually, would prefer to drop them into the Pacific Ocean from 37,000 ft., but that's too much a moral dilemma for you guys.

I teach at a jail sometimes. It is a rehab center where addicts go cold turkey and where out of control bi-polar and psychotic people get back on their meds, and everyone ends up seeming perfectly normal. Until they get out. I've seen it a hundred times. Mental illness and active drug addiction completely change personality.
Drug induced normality is not going to work. Neither will these criminals. Mental birth defects are not reversable at this time. The brain is your brain.
What new understandings about humanity does brain mapping hope to accomplish?

Their are now more prisons than colleges.
The U.S. has more jails than colleges. Here’s a map of where those prisoners live.
Incarceration in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
350px-US_incarceration_timeline-clean.svg.png

If this doesn't mean more people are going crazy...what does?
Your life is in real danger my friend.
The answer is legalization of drugs... This would clear the jails of the majority of non-violent offenders. Save Trillions on Jailing, enforcement, and prosecution... and defund a major revenue source of the criminal underground. It would also provide a huge revenue surplus that can be budgeted towards preventative education and rehabilitation facilities which will help reduce usage.

Forum List

Back