Should All Federal Research Grants to American Academia be Halted?

I have 9 years of college education from two universities. You?

In the 9 years I went to college, not once was I taught anything, nor did I read anything by or about Zinn or Chomsky. It wasn't until after I graduated and entered the work force did I hear of those two individuals. And even then, it mattered not to me.

But I did receive a well rounded education; being a science student, such a liberal education is a requirement. After all, one never knows what idiots (ahem, hint hint) one might meet. :)
Oh, sorry, obviously I did not consider you might of passed with a "d". So why did you go to the dictionary for a definition of Liberal Arts? After 9 years one would think you could define it on your own.

Yes Zinn and Chomsky, I am not surprised you did not know of the two most influential liberals on the college campuses. Just shows how much you paid attention.

Education, you are either smart or you are not, 9 years of college? A man born a dummy will remain a dummy, you can't teach it out of him.

Me, my education? Seems good enough to run circles around you. No University here, just USMC, 2 yr electronics engineering, another year when I got out in computer technology, than sales and service training at xerox, then educated in the Nuclear power industry.

I am an Electrical Power Research Institute Analyst
EPRI Home

I do scientific stuff, analyze hysteresis losses, make reports, give them to engineers so they can adjust chemistry and or operating characteristics of nuclear power plants.
Really? An electrical power research institute analyst that did not even know that there are electrical arc furnaces for processing steel. That handle anywhere from 1 ton to 400 tons per melt.

Mostly, Elektra, you are a silly ignoranmous. With damned little knowledge of, or understanding of, science. Or, really, anything else for that matter.

Time spent in school? Well, I am working full time as a millwright in a steel mill, and taking courses the a university. So it has been, and will be, a long slog to the degree. But it is fun, and a challenge.

I have 9 years of college education from two universities. You?

In the 9 years I went to college, not once was I taught anything, nor did I read anything by or about Zinn or Chomsky. It wasn't until after I graduated and entered the work force did I hear of those two individuals. And even then, it mattered not to me.

But I did receive a well rounded education; being a science student, such a liberal education is a requirement. After all, one never knows what idiots (ahem, hint hint) one might meet. :)
Oh, sorry, obviously I did not consider you might of passed with a "d". So why did you go to the dictionary for a definition of Liberal Arts? After 9 years one would think you could define it on your own.

Yes Zinn and Chomsky, I am not surprised you did not know of the two most influential liberals on the college campuses. Just shows how much you paid attention.

Education, you are either smart or you are not, 9 years of college? A man born a dummy will remain a dummy, you can't teach it out of him.

Me, my education? Seems good enough to run circles around you. No University here, just USMC, 2 yr electronics engineering, another year when I got out in computer technology, than sales and service training at xerox, then educated in the Nuclear power industry.

I am an Electrical Power Research Institute Analyst
EPRI Home

I do scientific stuff, analyze hysteresis losses, make reports, give them to engineers so they can adjust chemistry and or operating characteristics of nuclear power plants.
Really? An electrical power research institute analyst that did not even know that there are electrical arc furnaces for processing steel. That handle anywhere from 1 ton to 400 tons per melt.

Mostly, Elektra, you are a silly ignoranmous. With damned little knowledge of, or understanding of, science. Or, really, anything else for that matter.

Time spent in school? Well, I am working full time as a millwright in a steel mill, and taking courses the a university. So it has been, and will be, a long slog to the degree. But it is fun, and a challenge.
And you only know because you are exposed to arc furnaces.
Elektra needs to know usage and demand, but doesn't need to know if your foundry is running toaster ovens or electric arc furnaces.

I am sure, school is a challenge for you, Old Crock, that is the only truthful thing you have said.

Old Crock, why are crying and whining and ranting here, about a post in another thread? You ignored my response which exposes you as a fraud.

Old Crock claims to work in some sort of steel mill, yet I had to correct Old Crock when he erroneously (that means wrong old crock) stated steel can be made with batteries. Here is Old Crock:

Tesla Batteries for your HOME are 6 months away according to Elon Musk Page 2 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
An electric furnace does not care where the mega-watts of power it uses comes from

Then in a later post Old Crock links to wikipedia, does not read the link, which I use to point out that an EAF does not produce steel, it recycles scrap steel. And further an EAF does, "care", where it gets its millions of volt/amperes of current (MVA).

Tesla Batteries for your HOME are 6 months away according to Elon Musk Page 3 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Electric arc furnace - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
The use of EAFs allows steel to be made from a 100% scrap metal feedstock. This greatly reduces the energy required to make steel when compared with primary steelmaking from ores. Another benefit is flexibility: while blast furnaces cannot vary their production by much and can remain in operation for years at a time, EAFs can be rapidly started and stopped, allowing the steel mill to vary production according to demand. During the peak of global financial meltdown in 2009, an estimated quantity of only 1 million tonne was produced in USA employing EAF technique. Although steelmaking arc furnaces generally use scrap steel as their primary feedstock, if hot metal from a blast furnace or direct-reduced iron is available economically, these can also be used as furnace feed. As EAFs require large quantities of electrical power, many companies schedule their operations to take advantage of off peak electricity pricing

A millwright in a steel mill that thinks an EAF processes steel? An EAF recycles scrap steel and requires more energy than Solar and Wind can provide, even with a battery.

Forum List

Back