American extremists linked to Russian sites

Zincwarrior

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2021
Of course they are. I'd proffer 10% of the crazies are really Russobots.
American extremists are consistently turning up on loosely-governed Russian social media platforms.

Why it matters: While there's no evidence to suggest that the Russian government is explicitly trying to lure American extremists to its social sites, experts note that Moscow doesn't seem interested in doing anything to discourage them, either.

Be smart: "You couldn't imagine an easier way of allowing discord to grow within the U.S. and the Western world than suddenly letting people do it to themselves," said Neil F. Johnson, a physicist at George Washington University who focuses on data science to attack complex real-world problems.

• Russian leaders "certainly don't have a huge incentive to try to clamp down on it," said Jared Holt, a senior research manager at the Institute for Strategic Dialogue.
Driving the news: The gunman who killed eight people and injured seven in a shooting at a Dallas-area mall on Saturday had a profile on the Russian social networking platform OK.RU that he used to reference posts from white nationalists, NBC News reported.

• His OK.RU profile also linked to extremist sites, such as 4chan, and content from white nationalists.
Between the lines: The Texas shooter was not the first American to use Russian social media sites or obscure online platforms to connect with fellow extremists around pro-Russia narratives.

• Jack Teixeira, the 21-year-old Air National Guardsman who was charged with leaking highly-sensitive classified documents, belonged to a slew of game forums and private online chat rooms on platforms like Discord, where members showed support for Russia's war on Ukraine and talked disparagingly about Black, Jewish and trans communities, per The Wall Street Journal.
  • The far-right "boogaloo" movement "has kind of migrated around the internet throughout the years, and at one point made a pit stop at VK," Holt said, referring to VKontakte, the largest social media site in Russia.
  • Telegram, Holt added, "is the elephant in the room." The app, which was created in 2013 by the founders of VK, is commonly used to connect extremists and spread hate speech, although the company has not been based in Russia for years.
  • Johnson noted that ISIS has long used the openness of Russian platforms to radicalize recruits, especially as U.S. tech sites continue to crack down on terrorist content and hate speech.

IMG_3048.jpeg

They’re probably searching desperately for the pee pee tapes. The right doesn’t want them to get out because they know the tapes will destroy Trump!

I wonder if there is a financial pipeline between U.S. based extremists and Russia? I'm certain our current government is looking into this, and likely was doing so (very quietly) under the Orange Ape.

Yep, the Democrats are in bed with extremists.
Has Hunter Biden returned that $3.5 million that he received from the Russians for no apparent reason yet?
Why did the Russians give Hunter Biden $3.5 million?
What did they get in return?
Why isn't the DOJ investigating this?
Did Hunter pay any taxes on that $3.5 million?

Hunter Biden received $3.5M from Russian billionaire: …

Sep 23, 2020 · Hunter Biden received a $3.5 million wire transfer from Elena Baturina, the richest woman in Russia and the widow of Yury Luzhkov, the …

... and, if we are to be as silly as whitehall, all the nazi propaganda on Newsmax?
You can do better than silly can't you? We have millions of kids logging on to the Chi/Com TickTock and some unknown babe named Sarah Fischer sees Russian web sites lurking in the web shadows. How do we know AXIOS isn't a front for Russian propaganda?

RW extremism went global a long time ago.

I'd say your estimate is correct..and add about 10% Chinese Bots.

Then you have the Euro-bots~

Forum List

Back