Shhh... it's a secret... easily get around media pay walls

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Got a link here for a NY times article, only to be blocked by the pay wall?
Some adblockers have script blocking capabilities.
I use Brave browser.
And in my settings for say Washingtonpost,com... I have script blocking turned on... and whalaa... I can read to my hearts content.
If you use AdBlockPlus for example... while you are on the article... click settings, scroll down and there you can enable Script Blocking... check it... and Yay! you can read and see all you want.

I use Brave browser.
And in my settings for say Washingtonpost,com... I have script blocking turned on... and whalaa... I can read to my hearts content.
If you use AdBlockPlus for example... while you are on the article... click settings, scroll down and there you can enable Script Blocking... check it... and Yay! you can read and see all you want.
You can also go to msn and search the article. Good chance you will find it.

You can also go to msn and search the article. Good chance you will find it.
Works for me without fail so far!
I have no paranoid feelings of any article being manipulated by US political bullshit of either side. The real world still exists in my pond.

I use Brave browser.
That works, but it's not too easy.

I go here and see if the article has been archived. If not, you can archive it and then view it:

Black bar for already done pages, red for not.

Most WaPo and and paywall crap can be avoided this way.

I use Adblock Plus and can't find the setting you're talking about. I just tried.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back