What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CDZ Sheikh Jarrah compromise

shoshi

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Jews living there were forced out by the Jordanians in 1948. Now a settler group is claiming ownership of the homes. The Arab residents say they have Jordanian documents to help their case of legal ownership. Both sides claim legal rights so it is before the Supreme Court.
If the Arab residents are evicted i think they should be compensated financially. Are Jordanian land grants a legit claim of ownership? What do you think?

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jews living there were forced out by the Jordanians in 1948. Now a settler group is claiming ownership of the homes. The Arab residents say they have Jordanian documents to help their case of legal ownership. Both sides claim legal rights so it is before the Supreme Court.
If the Arab residents are evicted i think they should be compensated financially. Are Jordanian land grants a legit claim of ownership? What do you think?

Can you provide a source, please, so others know specifically what you are referring to?

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I hear that the people claiming the land now are not the same people who lost the land in 1948.

Also, if Jews can claim land that they lost in 1948, why can't the Palestinians claim the land that they lost in 1948?

OP
S

shoshi

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hear that the people claiming the land now are not the same people who lost the land in 1948.

Also, if Jews can claim land that they lost in 1948, why can't the Palestinians claim the land that they lost in 1948?
Good question. Legally the answer is no. Also many Arabs living in west Jerusalem in 1948 are Jordanian citizens now.

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that since they are descendents of Palestinians displaced by war, that’s better solution would to allow them access to the same laws that allow Jews to reclaim lost property. They should be allowed to reclaim the property they were driven from during the war.

themirrorthief

Diamond Member
Reaction score

i prefer they all kill each other that would solve it all

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$201.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List