CDZ Sheikh Jarrah compromise

shoshi

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2020
Jews living there were forced out by the Jordanians in 1948. Now a settler group is claiming ownership of the homes. The Arab residents say they have Jordanian documents to help their case of legal ownership. Both sides claim legal rights so it is before the Supreme Court.
If the Arab residents are evicted i think they should be compensated financially. Are Jordanian land grants a legit claim of ownership? What do you think?

Jews living there were forced out by the Jordanians in 1948. Now a settler group is claiming ownership of the homes. The Arab residents say they have Jordanian documents to help their case of legal ownership. Both sides claim legal rights so it is before the Supreme Court.
If the Arab residents are evicted i think they should be compensated financially. Are Jordanian land grants a legit claim of ownership? What do you think?

Can you provide a source, please, so others know specifically what you are referring to?

I hear that the people claiming the land now are not the same people who lost the land in 1948.

Also, if Jews can claim land that they lost in 1948, why can't the Palestinians claim the land that they lost in 1948?

I hear that the people claiming the land now are not the same people who lost the land in 1948.

Also, if Jews can claim land that they lost in 1948, why can't the Palestinians claim the land that they lost in 1948?
Good question. Legally the answer is no. Also many Arabs living in west Jerusalem in 1948 are Jordanian citizens now.

I think that since they are descendents of Palestinians displaced by war, that’s better solution would to allow them access to the same laws that allow Jews to reclaim lost property. They should be allowed to reclaim the property they were driven from during the war.

Forum List

Back