Serious problems with eBay

airplanemechanic

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2014
I usually have no issues on ebay, but man when I do, it's horrible.

I ordered some LED lights for my parents. After a week I noticed that I never received any shipping info. I send a message to the seller, and almost immediately it shows as shipped, and an estimated delivery date a week later but never any tracking number. During that time, I checked their feedback. They had 3 positive feedbacks and 16 negatives in the previous 30 days!!! You can't tell that when you order it, all you see is their positive feedback number. The phone app doesn't show all the other stuff. So I call ebay and tell them about this guy and how bad he is and they say I have to wait until AFTER the estimated arrival date before I can file a case. So I wait yet another week, and then file the case. Then it says wait another week to give the seller a chance to respond. I send the message that he didn't ship my item and I want my money back. His reply is "thank you." I wait 3 days and tell him that he's a fraud and refund my money immediately. His reply "I'm glad you are enjoying your item." I finally send him a message cursing him out and telling him that ebay lets me know his address and I'll go find his ass and make sure he doesn't rip anyone else off. He finally replied "oh that's a threat, I'll have law enforcement at your door shortly" and I replied that you took my money, they'll turn around and go to your house first." And I still can't do anything, I have to wait until tomorrow before they'll even decide what to do. Meanwhile, I had to spend MORE money and order the LED's from someone else while waiting for all of this to happen. Now he's up to 3 positives and 24 negatives in the previous 30 days. It's now been over 3 weeks, I don't have my money or my lights and I have been cursed out by someone for demanding my money back.

I mean the guys negative feedbacks all say "very rude, doesn't ship item, etc etc" He tells people to f**K off in their negative feedback replies. He's awful, why isn't he shut down? Basically he takes people's money and when they say they want it back he tells them "f**k off." Why does ebay keep these people????

Research the buyer prior to purchasing.

If you paid with PayPal they will advocate for you.

I usually don't do any business with anyone with under 10 feedbacks, but the phone doesn't let you do all this research. The app is designed for buying and selling.

Do not do any business with infotech_inc.

I usually have no issues on ebay, but man when I do, it's horrible.

I ordered some LED lights for my parents. After a week I noticed that I never received any shipping info. I send a message to the seller, and almost immediately it shows as shipped, and an estimated delivery date a week later but never any tracking number. During that time, I checked their feedback. They had 3 positive feedbacks and 16 negatives in the previous 30 days!!! You can't tell that when you order it, all you see is their positive feedback number. The phone app doesn't show all the other stuff. So I call ebay and tell them about this guy and how bad he is and they say I have to wait until AFTER the estimated arrival date before I can file a case. So I wait yet another week, and then file the case. Then it says wait another week to give the seller a chance to respond. I send the message that he didn't ship my item and I want my money back. His reply is "thank you." I wait 3 days and tell him that he's a fraud and refund my money immediately. His reply "I'm glad you are enjoying your item." I finally send him a message cursing him out and telling him that ebay lets me know his address and I'll go find his ass and make sure he doesn't rip anyone else off. He finally replied "oh that's a threat, I'll have law enforcement at your door shortly" and I replied that you took my money, they'll turn around and go to your house first." And I still can't do anything, I have to wait until tomorrow before they'll even decide what to do. Meanwhile, I had to spend MORE money and order the LED's from someone else while waiting for all of this to happen. Now he's up to 3 positives and 24 negatives in the previous 30 days. It's now been over 3 weeks, I don't have my money or my lights and I have been cursed out by someone for demanding my money back.

I mean the guys negative feedbacks all say "very rude, doesn't ship item, etc etc" He tells people to f**K off in their negative feedback replies. He's awful, why isn't he shut down? Basically he takes people's money and when they say they want it back he tells them "f**k off." Why does ebay keep these people????

first NEVER say ANYTHING negative, threatening etc in your msgs or fe edback or that can be used against you to say you are abusive or harassing.
You have to be the good guy and let the other guy look bad.

If they have no tracking information, they have no case.
Just wait out the process and you can get your refund.

I once got denied a refund, but I showed the emails where I explained I never received the package
that was misdelivered to the wrong person who refused it and it got lost in the mail.

And on the APPEAL then they refunded my money.

So follow the process,
send copies of all all your emails documenting that you INFORMED the seller you didn't receive it,
that there is NO TRACKING NUMBER, and you asked for the refund.

If ebay can't refund it, paypal has a longer period to open a case,
and if that doesn't work, if you used a Credit Card you can call your company
and tell them it was fraud and you never received the item and they can put a hold on it
during which they refund the money disputed.

Always be polite, stick to the facts, and never get personal.
If there is no tracking number, of course, you will get the money back.

NOTE: If something goes wrong, and you never get your money,
karma does pay itself back. I had things go wrong, that I let go.
And later on, there were sellers who refunded more money than I asked
so it comes out even. Just try your best to follow the process, always
use PROFESSIONAL language when you communicate, and you
will be believed and respected. But you CANNOT sound like the abusers
because there are MEAN customers online who rip off sellers with those
tactics, and you don't want to appear like someone creating a scene for wrong motives.

If you apologize for getting emotional because you were afraid of getting ripped off,
you can change that negative impression and show you are sincere
and really trying to cancel the lost item, and were just frustrated you couldn't get it.

Last edited:
You actually don't need to use paypal if you use ebay. They protect you. But they just make you wait so long. I mean the guy done already told me to fuck off 3 weeks ago, I could have told them he wouldn't send anything.

You actually don't need to use paypal if you use ebay. They protect you. But they just make you wait so long. I mean the guy done already told me to fuck off 3 weeks ago, I could have told them he wouldn't send anything.

paypal will deduct from his account and refund to you

i mostly skip e bay these days

i find better deals and fast service at amazon

i find ebay to not be profitable for the seller...you have a lot of commerical crap on there now...simple resales....amazon is pricey ....if you look about you can normally find a cheaper price with free or reduced shipping....you cannot beat the prime shipping....target ships fast....forget zulily lol they ask if i wanted to cancel an order i placed on oct 5 th ...o hell no ...i want that item....of course they give you a 10 buck credit...which i have already used lol....my baby needed some winter boots....

Paypal has no benefit since Ebay has the same protection.

That's funny. I just received an email from Ebay that a day early they have closed my case and refunded my money in full.

Forum List

Back