Sens Tillis (R) & Sinema (D) reach historic deal on immigration: *Protections for 2 million Dreamers *New resources to processing asylum seekers+more!

A major holdup in the past has been the Democrats insistence to include the parents of Dreamers, the ones responsible for bringing them here in the first place. I recall the Democrat's crap when Trump was in office about Republicans wanting to divide families, as if deported parents would be forced to leave behind any of their kids. Or that old Dreamers would be restricted from travel to visit their parents.

The consequences for DACA ending without legislation are devastating. This lame duck is the chance, go for it!

With our border being an open sieve these things should not be considered until our border is secure. Otherwise, we will have DACA after DACA after DACA after DACA. It will never end. In fact, the fact that illegals can come here and have born children become legitimate US citizens and bring children here illegally to qualify for a future DACA just encourages rampant illegal traffic across our borders.

Last edited:
It is possible to compromise on immigration reform
It was in 2013 when a compromise bill was passed in the Senate. Then Boehner killed it because it included an 11 year pathway to citizenship for qualified immigrants here illegally. The trade off being more resources for border security (not a wall).
I'm skeptical enough Senate Repubs will support any reform bill because they don't want a solution. They want a campaign issue. And they certainly don't want to give Biden another piece of legislation he can point to as an achievement.

It was in 2013 when a compromise bill was passed in the Senate. Then Boehner killed it because it included an 11 year pathway to citizenship for qualified immigrants here illegally. The trade off being more resources for border security (not a wall).
I'm skeptical enough Senate Repubs will support any reform bill because they don't want a solution. They want a campaign issue. And they certainly don't want to give Biden another piece of legislation he can point to as an achievement.
Giving illegals incentive isnt a "solution"
A "solution" would be to stop giving them incentive and fine the holy hell out of employers for hiring them.

In reality, any immigration reform outside of more border walls is a third rail to Republicans

The RW media would crucify any Republican who supports immigration reform

I'm skeptical enough Senate Repubs will support any reform bill because they don't want a solution. They want a campaign issue.
A law that stops the flood of shoeless and illiterate democrat voters flooding across the border would be a dynamite campaign issue for repubs

Not that I think they have the combined intelligence in congress to pull it off

Not as long as the borders are an open sieve. Close the borders and then we'll talk.
Do you realize that the majority of all the "illegal immigrants" in this country got here legally. They didn't walk across the border, they flew across, landed at a major airport, all nice and legal.

Do you realize that the majority of all the "illegal immigrants" in this country got here legally. They didn't walk across the border, they flew across, landed at a major airport, all nice and legal.

One step at a time.

There should only be one bill.

1. Seal the border.

2. Round up absolutely every Illegal and send them back.

Anything else is selling out the country. I am sure there will be at least one RINO that will be willing to join the Democrat filth to fuck this country will Illegals.

We are transforming ourselves into a Banana Republic with people running for office all in on it.

Forum List

Back