Send In The Troops

States rights anyone?

As you Democrats screamed so loudly under Obama, immigration policy is solely under the authority of the federal government.
Hypocrisy is rampant in America!

And please, spare me the indignity of being lumped in with that sorry excuse for a liberal party. I'm a free thinker!

Then you know that state rights do not apply.
I don't know if they do or they don't. I was just poking.

I tend not to take this issue very seriously because there is no discussion to address the underlying cause of the problem. Therefore no desire to actually solve the problem. A waste of time that will never be resolved.....like so many other problems we face.

Anyone care to explain why California doesn't reserve the right to challenge the Fed's on this?

The only reason you would shout Send in the Troops is because you want to hammer those who dare oppose you. It shows a limited imagination. When you have a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

There is an easier, cheaper, and more effective way. Bank Robberies are Federal Crimes because they are insured by the FDIC. Notify banks in California that they are no longer eligible for FDIC insurance. Then bank robberies are no longer crimes that the FBI is interested in. Pull the USDA inspectors out of the farms, and California Produce can't be sold anywhere. If the state does not want ICE enforcing Immigration laws, pull them out of the State.

Without Immigration and Customs agents, no one can fly into the State from out of the country. The border checkpoints would be closed. The Ports would be closed. If they didn't close those facilities, then criminals and Terrorists would be flooding in and attacking California.

People would howl in outrage. But you explain that you have to pull these people out of California because if they interact with Illegal Aliens, they are required to arrest them. The only way they can't arrest them, is if they don't know. The only way to insure they don't know is to make sure they do not interact with anyone in California.

Every Police Department including the school cops draw "excess" military equipment every year. Stamp those requests denied and send them back. The cops can still get the equipment, legally. They just have to buy it instead of getting it handed to them for free.

You don't need to declare every problem to be a nail that needs to be hammered. The worst thing you can ever do is what someone says they want you to do. Close Federal Prisons, close military bases. Disband Army Reserve units. Disband Naval and Marine Reserve units. Those troops might be activated and told to respond to an emergency which may have them interacting with, or taking issue with a collection of Illegal Immigrants.

Give California what they say they want. Then listen to the howls of outrage.

Well the governor didn't sign it into law yet. He may not.

:badgrin: Yeah right, he's looney tooney. The people of CA are going to suffer for this.

States rights anyone?

As you Democrats screamed so loudly under Obama, immigration policy is solely under the authority of the federal government.

And please, spare me the indignity of being lumped in with that sorry excuse for a liberal party. I'm a free thinker!

I tend not to take this issue very seriously because there is no discussion to address the underlying cause of the problem. Therefore no desire to actually solve the problem. A waste of time that will never be resolved.....like so many other problems we face.

They don't, fed has control
Of naturalization under the enumerated powers. I would close all EOIR courts in cali, you don't get a court date, you just get deported, see if they change their mind.

I highly disagree with the arrest the seditionist part...total violation of the first amendment. The AP is a private entity. If the discourse their presenting is to invasive of you're safe space that you're calling for arresting them, then you shouldn't be a part of the conversation, or be citing the constitution.

The only reason you would shout Send in the Troops is because you want to hammer those who dare oppose you. It shows a limited imagination. When you have a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

There is an easier, cheaper, and more effective way. Bank Robberies are Federal Crimes because they are insured by the FDIC. Notify banks in California that they are no longer eligible for FDIC insurance. Then bank robberies are no longer crimes that the FBI is interested in. Pull the USDA inspectors out of the farms, and California Produce can't be sold anywhere. If the state does not want ICE enforcing Immigration laws, pull them out of the State.

Without Immigration and Customs agents, no one can fly into the State from out of the country. The border checkpoints would be closed. The Ports would be closed. If they didn't close those facilities, then criminals and Terrorists would be flooding in and attacking California.

People would howl in outrage. But you explain that you have to pull these people out of California because if they interact with Illegal Aliens, they are required to arrest them. The only way they can't arrest them, is if they don't know. The only way to insure they don't know is to make sure they do not interact with anyone in California.

Every Police Department including the school cops draw "excess" military equipment every year. Stamp those requests denied and send them back. The cops can still get the equipment, legally. They just have to buy it instead of getting it handed to them for free.

You don't need to declare every problem to be a nail that needs to be hammered. The worst thing you can ever do is what someone says they want you to do. Close Federal Prisons, close military bases. Disband Army Reserve units. Disband Naval and Marine Reserve units. Those troops might be activated and told to respond to an emergency which may have them interacting with, or taking issue with a collection of Illegal Immigrants.

Give California what they say they want. Then listen to the howls of outrage.

Both.

I highly disagree with the arrest the seditionist part...total violation of the first amendment. The AP is a private entity. If the discourse their presenting is to invasive of you're safe space that you're calling for arresting them, then you shouldn't be a part of the conversation, or be citing the constitution.

I'm not talking about the AP. I'm talking about California state officials.

I'm not talking about the AP. I'm talking about California state officials.

But you're calling for the arrest of seditionist...does alien and sedition act ring a bell?

States rights anyone?

Of naturalization under the enumerated powers. I would close all EOIR courts in cali, you don't get a court date, you just get deported, see if they change their mind.
Of naturalization under the enumerated powers.
The Fed doesn't have control over California state law, which is what California SB 54 altered.

The Fed doesn't have control over California state law, which is what California SB 54 altered.

California does not have control of naturalization, which this law is claiming.

California does not have control of naturalization, which this law is claiming.
No it isn't. Here, look for yourself.

Bill Text - SB-54 Law enforcement: sharing data.

Forum List

Back