Senator Sanders: 'I'm Tired Of Talking About Mr. Manchin And Miss Sinema'

• Banned
Vermont and Maine used to be the most conservative states in America

ahh, simpler times!

I wish Bernie would get tired of talking, period. He's the source of many of this countries worst ideas. He needs to go away.

I wish Bernie would get tired of talking, period. He's the source of many of this countries worst ideas. He needs to go away.
Let him talk, he’s telling you exactly what your opposition is thinking and what they’re arguments are based on. After all, how is anybody going to effectively counter far left arguments if they don’t understand what they are?

Sanders is at least honest about what he believes and is not trying to hide behind some mask which makes him an excellent source for what the far left is actually up to.

If Sen. Sanders can't reach over to people in his own party, how does he plan to reach across the aisle to Senators Cruz, Hawley and Paul?

If Sen. Sanders can't reach over to people in his own party, how does he plan to reach across the aisle to Senators Cruz, Hawley and Paul?
He doesn’t plan to “reach across the aisle” to those Senators any more than they plan to “reach across the aisle” to him. He’s on one extreme of the spectrum and they’re on the other, not much room for agreement on anything substantial there.

Bernie's problem was in not coming out against the policies of Obama and Hillary.

During the voting for Obamacare he stated correctly that this was not what the country needed but he would vote for it. He should have done what Manchin is doing and said no and demanded changes.

When it was clear the DNC worked to cheat him out of the nomination he shouldn't have let that go.

Bernie's problem was in not coming out against the policies of Obama and Hillary.

During the voting for Obamacare he stated correctly that this was not what the country needed but he would vote for it. He should have done what Manchin is doing and said no and demanded changes.
I agree with that, sticking to principle was the way to go. On the other hand, Dennis Kucinich tried to do exactly what you’re suggesting and ended up getting strong armed by the President. I guess the idea that “something is better than nothing” even if it’s the wrong “something” trumps sticking to ones principles in politics more often than not.
When it was clear the DNC worked to cheat him out of the nomination he shouldn't have let that go.
What was he going to do? Tell his supporters to refrain from voting for Clinton and split the Democrat vote? While that might have been the principled thing to do, that would have most likely resulted in him being marginalized in the Democrat Caucus in the Senate, meaning NO major committee roles and having his voice effectively silenced on major policy decisions.

Just like everything else in our current political environment, POWER first, PRINCIPLES second.:confused:

I agree with that, sticking to principle was the way to go. On the other hand, Dennis Kucinich tried to do exactly what you’re suggesting and ended up getting strong armed by the President. I guess the idea that “something is better than nothing” even if it’s the wrong “something” trumps sticking to ones principles in politics more often than not.
What was he going to do? Tell his supporters to refrain from voting for Clinton and split the Democrat vote? While that might have been the principled thing to do, that would have most likely resulted in him being marginalized in the Democrat Caucus in the Senate, meaning NO major committee roles and having his voice effectively silenced on major policy decisions.

Just like everything else in our current political environment, POWER first, PRINCIPLES second.:confused:

His supporters refrained from voting for Hillary anyway. As for something even if it's wrong I've long held the opinion that doing nothing is better than doing the wrong thing.

His supporters refrained from voting for Hillary anyway. As for something even if it's wrong I've long held the opinion that doing nothing is better than doing the wrong thing.
You’re right, his supporters did refrain from voting for Hillary in many cases, however the Democrats didn’t blame HIM for that (as evidenced by his increased standing among Democrat leadership).

I completely agree with you with respect on doing nothing is better than doing the wrong thing, unfortunately the two major political crime families seem to operate on the principle that doing the WRONG thing is better than doing the RIGHT thing as long as they can derive some political benefit by doing so, it’s all about POWER, right and wrong be damned.

You’re right, his supporters did refrain from voting for Hillary in many cases, however the Democrats didn’t blame HIM for that (as evidenced by his increased standing among Democrat leadership).

I completely agree with you with respect on doing nothing is better than doing the wrong thing, unfortunately the two major political crime families seem to operate on the principle that doing the WRONG thing is better than doing the RIGHT thing as long as they can derive some political benefit by doing so, it’s all about POWER, right and wrong be damned.

What did it end up gaining him to not get blamed? Nothing. He has very little power. He isn't even a (D) again.

I understand his thinking but I hope some politician can learn from this going forward.

What did it end up gaining him to not get blamed? Nothing. He has very little power. He isn't even a (D) again.

I understand his thinking but I hope some politician can learn from this going forward.
Well beyond that fact the Sanders is still getting a lot of public and media attention as a leading voice for the Democrat caucus (even though he’s technically not a Democrat).

He landed the chairmanship of one of the most powerful committees in the Senate, namely the Senate Budget Committee. If he had come out against Hillary in 2016, there is NO way he’d be chairing that committee today.

No, that was the deal. Take the risk and actually run or cover his ass. He chose the latter. Both times. The Democrats treat him well because he remains "Independent" (in name only), thereby providing all the leisure progressives false hope while continuing to do nothing.

i thought Crazy Bernie said he wanted a political revolution...so why did he endorse Hillary and why is he working with Sleepy Joe?

Forum List

Back