Senator Jim Inhofe Says The Pope Shouldn't Talk About Climate Change

Will the Papal Encyclical Bring the 'Francis Effect' to the Climate Debates?

Next week, Pope Francis is scheduled to release "Laudato Sii" ("Praised Be You"), his eagerly anticipated encyclical (authoritative teaching document) on the environment.

I have never seen such excitement -- and controversy -- surrounding an encyclical. It speaks to the extraordinary global presence Francis has achieved in a relatively short period of time. This feels to me like one of those rare moments when the Message and the Messenger can combine to change the world in a very significant way.

Rising sea levels and catastrophic weather events have gotten people's attention. People are becoming more aware of the reality that climate change isn't just a theoretical conjecture, scientific debate or partisan political issue. It's real, it's happening now, and it's dangerous.

And Francis -- uniquely among world leaders -- has the ability to change the conversation around the need to protect our environment.

He can move the issue from "important" to "essential" in our politics. He has approval ratings that are strong enough to make any politician green with envy. His millions of Twitter followers can amplify his words almost instantaneously. His "common touch" gives him a moral authority that is as welcome as it is refreshing.

More: Will the Papal Encyclical Bring the 'Francis Effect' to the Climate Debates? - Jim Wallis

It's so refreshing to see a Pope on the correct side of reality. I look forward to more bashing from climate change deniers.

Last edited:
francis_climate_two.jpg

Are churches going to be exempt from paying carbon taxes?

If they are pushing for global action via carbon taxes I think that they should put their money where their mouths are and cough up.

You know. To save the planet and all. Just think of the carbon footprint the Vatican leaves on the planet. Heating and air conditioning just for starters.

Not only should the Vatican and other churches pay carbon taxes but they should immediately go solar and wind.

I think solar panels and windmills would look totally awesome around the Vatican and it would show how dedicated the Holy Father is to saving the planet.

Pope Francis might be an honorable man but he is way out of his league in the world of geopolitical global warming theories. As a matter of fact Al Gore and the Pope might be tied for the least scientific background and the biggest egos.The Pope needs to concentrate on religious doctrine rather than campaign for king of the world. Sorry Pontiff, but Popes ain't as politically powerful as they were in the Middle Ages.

People make exaggerated claims all the time, does nothing to the fact of climate change.

Yes they do and our involvement in how we affect our climate along with glowarm is a big scam also. We're but a pinprick. These are geological cycles.
Then you're truly a moron, and I feel sorry for you. I'm sure you know more then every single international scientific body. /sarcasm

Asshole. Put up links to back your claim that every single international body is in agreement over AGW or shut the fuck up.

Evidently not all scientists are buying into this BS

Hoax Slayers Top Scientists to Scrutinise Dodgy Global Warming Data - Breitbart
What a relief, Breitbart assures us there's no Climate Change. :laugh2:

People make exaggerated claims all the time, does nothing to the fact of climate change.

Yes they do and our involvement in how we affect our climate along with glowarm is a big scam also. We're but a pinprick. These are geological cycles.
Then you're truly a moron, and I feel sorry for you. I'm sure you know more then every single international scientific body. /sarcasm

Asshole. Put up links to back your claim that every single international body is in agreement over AGW or shut the fuck up.

Evidently not all scientists are buying into this BS

Hoax Slayers Top Scientists to Scrutinise Dodgy Global Warming Data - Breitbart
What a relief, Breitbart assures us there's no Climate Change. :laugh2:

Yo dumb ass, Breitbart is reporting actual scientists are not buying it. You're really so stupid not to grasp that? Sheesh, major and epic fail on the part of an idiot loon. And here you thought yourself clever

the pope can talk about whatever he wants to talk about. But he is wrong about man made climate change. Even if the climate is changing (and there is no proof of that) man is not causing it, never has, and never will.

Pope Francis might be an honorable man but he is way out of his league in the world of geopolitical global warming theories. As a matter of fact Al Gore and the Pope might be tied for the least scientific background and the biggest egos.The Pope needs to concentrate on religious doctrine rather than campaign for king of the world. Sorry Pontiff, but Popes ain't as politically powerful as they were in the Middle Ages.

The Pope has a Phd in chemistry. That at least makes him a scientist, which is more than can be said for James Imhofe.

Forum List

Back