Senator Grassley asked Ketanji Brown Jackson a simple yes or no question did she give a simple yes or no answer?

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
Here is the question asked
"Do you believe the individual right to keep and bear arms is a fundamental right?"
She did not give a yes or no answer
Her answer was Senator the supreme court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms was a fundamental right.
He didn't ask her what the supreme court views on the right to keep and bear arms, he asked her for her views.
Another sidestep allowed

That's not a yes or no question, really.

If you say "Yes" then you're saying yes to all arms.

If you say "No" then you're saying no to all arms.

Tanks, nukes, etc.
It is a yes or no question.

She was directly asked about her opinion, not what a previous USSC ruling said....She dissembled and deflected because she's a gun grabber.

Here is the question asked
"Do you believe the individual right to keep and bear arms is a fundamental right?"
She did not give a yes or no answer
Her answer was Senator the supreme court has ruled that the right to keep and bear arms was a fundamental right.
He didn't ask her what the supreme court views on the right to keep and bear arms, he asked her for her views.
Another sidestep allowed
Follow up question: Do you believe in strict stare decisis?
(answer would be a decisive "no")

Follow up question to that: So given the opportunity, you would overturn the Supreme Court's ruling that the right to keep and bear arms is a fundamental right, would you?

It is a yes or no question.

She was directly asked about her opinion, not what a previous USSC ruling said....She dissembled and deflected because she's a gun grabber.
Yeah well so what if she is? We won in 2020 - better luck in 2024.

Eh, I don't know. I think her answer was sufficient. As a justice, she kinda has to remain neutral, especially with potential cases involving this topic. Had she said "yes", then that could have painted her a pro gun, and skewed her ability to rule on future gun law arguments.

Regardless of whether or not she believes it, she kinda can't answer it, right?

That's not a yes or no question, really.

If you say "Yes" then you're saying yes to all arms.

If you say "No" then you're saying no to all arms.

Tanks, nukes, etc.

Not.

The 2nd says "... and bear arms". People don't bear a tank or nukes. Typical leftoid drivel though.

You won 8% inflation, $130 per barrel oil, $7 gasoline, shortages, supply-line disruptions, a tax debt like you've never seen before, and a war in Europe that could turn nuclear.

How is that "winning"?
Good because Biden is in the White House, and I never have to hear Donald Trump's dumbass again.

Not.

The 2nd says "... and bear arms". People don't bear a tank or nukes. Typical leftoid drivel though.

Civilians also bore cannons during the Revolutionary War. Many of those cannons were privately-owned.

You won 8% inflation, $130 per barrel oil, $7 gasoline, shortages, supply-line disruptions, a tax debt like you've never seen before, and a war in Europe that could turn nuclear.

How is that "winning"?
All of that and you didn't even have to mention the invasion they're allowing on the southern border.

All of that and you didn't even have to mention the invasion they're allowing on the southern border.

Thanks. I also forgot to mention the missiles Iran is lobbing close to American interests in Iraq, North Korea shooting missiles across the Sea of Japan, and the fact that the Saudis won't even answer Joe's phone calls.

Thanks. I also forgot to mention the missiles Iran is lobbing close to American interests in Iraq, North Korea shooting missiles across the Sea of Japan, and the fact that the Saudis won't even answer Joe's phone calls.
Ah, so it's business as per usual.

Forum List

Back