Senator burr Being Sued For Securities Fraud

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
It couldn't happen to a more deserving slime ball. The other 3 senators who did the same thing need to face consequences.

My questions is, why isn't the government investigating and prosecuting these people for their crimes?

It couldn't happen to a more deserving slime ball. The other 3 senators who did the same thing need to face consequences.

My questions is, why isn't the government investigating and prosecuting these people for their crimes?

You know, I'll step outside my usual leanings and say (this is probably a rare moment so cherish it), here that ALL Senators that are accused of this need to be investigated and face consequences if found guilty. Don't care if they're Republican or Democrat.
Senators under fire over virus ‘insider trading’

You trade and make money on information that isn't available to me..and then I end up taking a bath?
I don't think so. See ya.

I imagine that is forthcoming.

What if the stock sales were part of a pre-planned periodic divestiture? I know it's great fun to pull out the lynching ropes and whoop it up, but I prefer things like this to be carefully reviewed by experts.

They had a bill in congress that was going to pass that made in illegal for elected members to use their position to make them money in the market and Pelosi shot it down and wouldn't bring it up for a vote so it died...never made it to he senate or Obama's desk....

They had a bill in congress that was going to pass that made in illegal for elected members to use their position to make them money in the market and Pelosi shot it down and wouldn't bring it up for a vote so it died...never made it to he senate or Obama's desk....

In a little-noticed brief filed last summer, lawyers for the House of Representatives claimed that an SEC investigation of congressional insider trading should be blocked on principle, because lawmakers and their staff are constitutionally protected from such inquiries given the nature of their work.

The legal team led by Kerry W. Kircher, who was appointed House General Counsel by Speaker John Boehner in 2011, claimed that the insider trading probe violated the separation of powers between the legislative and executive branch.

In 2012, members of Congress patted themselves on the back for passing the STOCK Act, a bill meant to curb insider trading for lawmakers and their staff. “We all know that Washington is broken and today members of both parties took a big step forward to fix it,” said Rep. Bill Johnson, R-Ohio, upon passage of the law.

But as the Securities and Exchange Commission made news with the first major investigation of political insider trading, Congress moved to block the inquiry.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
What if the stock sales were part of a pre-planned periodic divestiture? I know it's great fun to pull out the lynching ropes and whoop it up, but I prefer things like this to be carefully reviewed by experts.

The circumstantial evidence against Burr is pretty damning.

It needs to happen to all of them that did it...including the Dems

That's what I said. The other 3 who did it should face consequences and the people, that's plural, should be investigated and prosecuted.

I don't give a damn what political party the person is from.

I've been a registered Independent since 1978. I've voted a variety of parties through the years.

I sure hope so but we didn't see many people be investigated or prosecuted or sent to prison for their criminal actions in 2008.

I hope all those who are guilty of this face real consequences for their crimes but I'm not going to hold my breath.

The lady from Georgia sold a crap ton and then just happened to buy Citrix....the work from home software company

just random coincidence I am sure

This goes far deeper than stocks though, it shows that the government had information we did not

Innocent until proven guilty, no matter who it is or what Party. That is all I'm saying.

I sure hope so but we didn't see many people be investigated or prosecuted or sent to prison for their criminal actions in 2008.

I hope all those who are guilty of this face real consequences for their crimes but I'm not going to hold my breath.
I would settle for them never holding public office again, but what the hell. Let's make them suffer for this shit.

I am all for the investigation, but I want every senator or congressperson to go under the same scrutiny. What is happening is democratic activists are targeting vulnerable republicans any way they can and republicans are such wimps that they get in the fetal position and give up. The same will not happen to democrats, they are a law unto themselves. Has anyone investigated Nancy Pelosi with the same thoroughness?

The lady from Georgia sold a crap ton and then just happened to buy Citrix....the work from home software company

just random coincidence I am sure

This goes far deeper than stocks though, it shows that the government had information we did not
And Fat Donnie pushing Telemedicine aka Oscar Healthcare (Kushner) as Dana posted a few days ago.

I would settle for them never holding public office again, but what the hell. Let's make them suffer for this shit.

It's a message to others that if you break the law you go to prison.

I guess proper justice is only for those who aren't rich. Those who are rich don't have to follow our laws do they?

Because William Barr.

Or was that a rhetorical question?

Forum List

Back