Senate votes down anti-surveillance amendment, as both parties back warrantless spying on Americans' browser history

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
My history is deleted when ever I shut down my computer. Probably switching VPNs soon. You have to clean temp files and some other minor things. The best part about tech is for the most part industry stays ahead of government. If they want you they will get you but don't make it easy.

It was almost two decades ago I was told that I hated America, wanted the terrorists to win, and, that the Constitution isn't a suicide pact for my stout opposition for the Patriot Act. My golly does time fly...

My history is deleted when ever I shut down my computer. Probably switching VPNs soon. You have to clean temp files and some other minor things. The best part about tech is for the most part industry stays ahead of government. If they want you they will get you but don't make it easy.

Relevant reading...

Snip...

Section 216 of the 2001 USA PATRIOT Act expanded the definition of a pen register to include devices or programs that provide an analogous function with internet communications.

Rather than creating new laws regarding Internet surveillance, the Patriot Act simply expanded the definition of a pen register to include computer software programs doing Internet surveillance. While not completely compatible with the technical definition of a pen register device, this was the interpretation that had been used by almost all courts and law enforcement agencies prior to the change.

Last edited:
It was almost two decades ago I was told that I hated America, wanted the terrorists to win, and, that the Constitution isn't a suicide pact for my stout opposition for the Patriot Act. My golly does time fly...

Yep. I know the feeling.

Just remember how in Orwell's 1984 the so-called leader/author of the resistance, Goldstein, was in fact created and authored by the secret thought police. I can't imagine VPNs to be any different. Remember, Big Brother is watching us . . .

Forum List

Back