Senate Trial Should Last No More Than 5 Minutes

McConnell sets stage for impeachment trial launch, warns 'both sides' could call witnesses
Not a single violation of federal law in any of the Articles of Impeachment. Trump lawyers should motion to dismiss with Chief Justice Roberts, who acts as trial judge, and he should immediately dismiss for lack of a tangible crime.

Roberts couldn't dismiss. The senate would have to vote on a motion to dismiss.
Impeachment is wide open. He should recommend dismissal, but if he says “dismissed” who will challenge his ruling? Marbury v. Madison 1803 “Judicial Review.” If it goes to the High Court 5-4... that he has authority to do this. We have had only two impeachment trials. It’s all fresh legal ground.

We need to stock up the USMB store.

butt hurt.jpg

Here is my understanding...

They have to sit quietly and listen to opening statements from both sides...after that it only takes 1 senator to motion to dismiss and 1 senator to second the motion.

At that point they HAVE TO vote on it.

51 ayes and the case is dismissed.

But I would be good with putting all the democrat filth under oath...GO FOR IT !

They have to sit quietly and listen to opening statements from both sides...after that it only takes 1 senator to motion to dismiss and 1 senator to second the motion.

But I would be good with putting all the democrat filth under oath...GO FOR IT !
The Democrats have ZERO criminal case. What’s the point if this as a “TRIAL?” How, in our Constitutional Republic, do you put ANY CITIZEN on trial unless you have proof of a crime? Unless you bring charges of an “ACTUAL” crime? We have a Bill of Rights and that applies to the President as well. Who outside the title...is a common citizen.

McConnell sets stage for impeachment trial launch, warns 'both sides' could call witnesses
Not a single violation of federal law in any of the Articles of Impeachment. Trump lawyers should motion to dismiss with Chief Justice Roberts, who acts as trial judge, and he should immediately dismiss for lack of a tangible crime.
That would be logical except this is American politics so the show must go on! What I am hearing is he will likely be acquitted because the Articles of Impeachment are so vague and pathetic.

Roberts couldn't dismiss. The senate would have to vote on a motion to dismiss.
Would they?

My understanding is that since the senate has the "sole power to try" that the senators vote on just about everything. The Chief Justice basically does nothing, and as Rehnquist said "I did it very well" <g>.
Will Justice Roberts call balls and strikes at the impeachment trial?
"......Roberts has the power, just like any trial judge, to rule on all motions and procedural matters presented at trial. But his power is sharply limited by the constitutional provision that grants the Senate sole authority over impeachment trials. Senators are both jurors who will decide the fate of the president and also like judges empowered by majority vote to set the trial rules and override any decisions of the Supreme Court chief justice."

If he keeps warren, sanders in DC not Iowa could hurt their chances of winning

I'd love to see Joe and Hunter Biden testify.

BTW, Biden's "solid guy" Lutsenko has reportedly been in the UK for the last year taking English lessons. He would throw Biden under the bus in a heartbeat.

In other words, you want a cover-up. Great, I hope that happens. If it does, the GOP won't see the inside of the Oval office in 25 years or more.

There is more.

Washington — The White House is preparing for some Republican senators to join Democrats in voting to call witnesses in President Trump's impeachment trial, which could get underway in the coming days.

Senior White House officials tell CBS News they increasingly believe that at least four Republicans, and likely more, will vote to call witnesses. In addition to Senators Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Susan Collins of Maine, Mitt Romney of Utah and possibly Cory Gardner of Colorado, the White House also views Rand Paul of Kentucky as a "wild card" and Senator Lamar Alexander of Tennessee as an "institutionalist" who might vote to call witnesses, as one official put it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/impeac...an-gop-defections-new-witnesses-senate-trial/

I'd love to see Joe and Hunter Biden testify.

Me too!
And if they can call hope hicks up there & ask about her sex life...which the filth did...why can't we do the same to obama?

I'm sure he'd love to regail us with stories about late nights with reggie love-balls :auiqs.jpg:

Just google "REGGIE LOVE" if you don't believe me...he was obamas personal ball washer.

Are you kidding? The republicans can't even find their seats in 5 minutes.
They they know their seats and the responsibility of Congress. Democrats want a political stunt. No legal grounds for anything they are doing. Dismiss in 5 minutes. Let the politicians complain. This thing is a non-issue legally. If an impeachment is the trial of a. An for a crime...guess Democrats don’t have a crime?

this case wouldn’t even go to a legitimate courtroom.

Not a single violation of federal law in any of the Articles of Impeachment.

Why do you people keep bringing this up?

There is no such requirement.

From the GOP...

“You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic if this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role. Impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”

Forum List

Back