Senate Republicans show a spine

100 House Republicans disgraced themselves and signed up to the ridiculous Texas Lawsuit against swing states who voted for Biden
Thankfully, Senate Republicans wanted no part of it

Not a single GOP senator has signed a “friend of the court” brief for the long-shot Texas lawsuit to throw out the results in other states in a bid to keep President Donald Trump in power. And there’s been no coordinated effort to get Republicans on board, according to interviews with more than a half-dozen Republican senators on Friday.
IMHO, any Republican senators who didn’t speak out against this “lawsuit” is complicit. They did nothing to stop it.

100 House Republicans disgraced themselves and signed up to the ridiculous Texas Lawsuit against swing states who voted for Biden
Thankfully, Senate Republicans wanted no part of it

Not a single GOP senator has signed a “friend of the court” brief for the long-shot Texas lawsuit to throw out the results in other states in a bid to keep President Donald Trump in power. And there’s been no coordinated effort to get Republicans on board, according to interviews with more than a half-dozen Republican senators on Friday.
Well, that's a good sign.

I guess it's tempting to congratulate them, but they have all let this farce get this far. So I'm not inclined to thank people for doing what is obviously the right thing.
Spend some time in a bad area. A poorer area that never ends but endless revenues enter with limited success and lifetime adherents. And wonder why they are so embittered and yet never leave the sanctity of the world they live in.

That's the problem. Everyone gets screwed. And it's no damn way to run elections.

Nobody got screwed. There were 8,000 losers on election day. Only one saw this "massive fraud" you guys have dreamed up.

And yet you just said the Governor of Texas defied the election laws of his State.

Awesome!!! So its a free for all. Let the best team that cheats win. :thup:

Should election laws be faithfully implemented and enforced? Are voters rights to equal protection under the law comprised if election laws are ignored or changed illegally?

That is the question before the Court. Hopefully they will have the balls to do their job. However, I am not confident that will happen. If so, we are all fucked.
IF they were changed "illegally" why did you wait until AFTER this election to protest? Why only in states you lost?

Good point, and I agree. But you gals are still completely obsessed with Trump. I moved on two weeks ago. This is about any State abusing election law. If you can put your Trump obsession aside for a moment you would see what happened is a very bad thing. Individual cities or Counties do not get to decide election law. Only the State Legislature can do that. Many States ignored their own laws regarding elections. That is bad for all of us.

I know you are having fun spiking the football. That's cool. I understand. But try for a second to see the bigger picture. I know you are a decent person. I also know you can clearly understand exactly my point.
WQ...you are a poster I am fond of...so try to understand. This isnt about how I feel about Trump...in fact it is a bit disengenius to counteract every criticism of Trump with "orange man bad" type of stuff.

The bigger picture, for me, is a group of people literally trying to disenfranchise millions of voters because they did not like the results. IF the case had merit...it should have come up during the primaries... before tbe general election...but it did not. If there was merit...all those down ticket Republicans who WON their races under those rules would step down and refuse to accept victory...but they havent.

That pretty much says, along with the court decisions this this is BS...or worse. An attempt to utterly destroy the democratic process and instead install a president the people did not vote for.

I do not know what was done during the primaries. I known in Pennsylvania the State Attorney General tried to say votes received three days after the election would count in violation of Pennsylvania law. She got slapped down by the courts. In Wayne County Michigan (Detroit) local election officials said they ignored Michigan Law to not count ballots without signatures as required by law. They counted them anyway.

There are other examples. This is not about Biden or Trump anymore. We have to run fair elections based on the Law. If we do not we're fucked. The reason Trump lost the lawsuits was not based on the merits of the cases (usually) it was based on exactly what you are saying. Judges did not want to to throw out thousands of legit votes when it could not be determined what was real or valid and what was not.

Right now elections are open season. I expect the next election cycle both sides will ignore the law and cheat like mofo's as there is clearly no consequence for ignoring the law. That is very bad for all of us. And if you don't think the GOP will cheat like crazy the next election cycle you're dreaming.

But like someone said. The Astro's cheated to win the World Series. New England cheated to win a Super Bowl, Both teams still have the Trophies. There is rarely a consequence after the fact. Enjoy your victory. :thup:
I trust our electoral integrity, just as I also have a lot of trust in our institutions, including police. Maybe I am somewhat conservative. If laws were broken...two things occur to me. One...the courts did not agree, and two...this was all done long before the general election, in response to Covid concerns (which is why primaries ran under it). That means that people voted in good faith, according to the rules they were given. To suddenly decide, after the general election, that this was wrong...is to knowingly willfully disenfranchise millions of legal voters.
election
Why was it only BAD aftwr the election....but not before?

I think this is far far worse.

Okay. No sane person wants legit votes thrown out, That is a fucked up remedy, So we agree, But election laws were systemically ignored or misused in this election. Massively. There is no question of that.

It cannot happen again.
Maybe...I dont think it is that clear cut or grievious. Either way, it is up to individual states to determine how to procede right?

Of course. It is real simple based on the Constitution. Only the State Legislature can create, amend, or nullify election Law. Local election officials cannot by Law. Governors cannot by Law. State Attorney Generals cannot by Law.

As long as the election law is exactly implemented in every jurisdiction of the State precisely the same can elections be fair. If I live in a GOP controlled County and my local election officials choose to ignore the Law to favor their team, and you live in the same State and your County election officials play it straight, then your vote gets screwed. Understand? Everybody has to play by the same rules or somebody gets screwed.

This election cycle election law was routinely ignored depending on the location to favor one side. That is a fact. It cannot happen and have free and fair elections.

The governor of Texas made his own rules for the election. It’s hilarious Texas was bringing this suit to start with
Loved how he limited ballot drop boxes to one per county. Make people drive an hour to drop off their ballot.

Or stuff them with fake votes. :D

Texas keeps getting mentioned because that's who brought the suit. Or more correctly the AG of that state, it would be unfair to saddle all Texans with the shenanigans of their AG.

Not true
Texas elected him and his actions represent the state

I don’t see any effort to impeach the AG

Texas elected him but I can't believe literally every Texan is on board with these kinds of shenanigans. There have to be some critics.

In fact my cousin in Texas, I'll bet the house on it, is one of them

Should election laws be faithfully implemented and enforced? Are voters rights to equal protection under the law comprised if election laws are ignored or changed illegally?

That is the question before the Court. Hopefully they will have the balls to do their job. However, I am not confident that will happen. If so, we are all fucked.
IF they were changed "illegally" why did you wait until AFTER this election to protest? Why only in states you lost?

Good point, and I agree. But you gals are still completely obsessed with Trump. I moved on two weeks ago. This is about any State abusing election law. If you can put your Trump obsession aside for a moment you would see what happened is a very bad thing. Individual cities or Counties do not get to decide election law. Only the State Legislature can do that. Many States ignored their own laws regarding elections. That is bad for all of us.

I know you are having fun spiking the football. That's cool. I understand. But try for a second to see the bigger picture. I know you are a decent person. I also know you can clearly understand exactly my point.
WQ...you are a poster I am fond of...so try to understand. This isnt about how I feel about Trump...in fact it is a bit disengenius to counteract every criticism of Trump with "orange man bad" type of stuff.

The bigger picture, for me, is a group of people literally trying to disenfranchise millions of voters because they did not like the results. IF the case had merit...it should have come up during the primaries... before tbe general election...but it did not. If there was merit...all those down ticket Republicans who WON their races under those rules would step down and refuse to accept victory...but they havent.

That pretty much says, along with the court decisions this this is BS...or worse. An attempt to utterly destroy the democratic process and instead install a president the people did not vote for.

I do not know what was done during the primaries. I known in Pennsylvania the State Attorney General tried to say votes received three days after the election would count in violation of Pennsylvania law. She got slapped down by the courts. In Wayne County Michigan (Detroit) local election officials said they ignored Michigan Law to not count ballots without signatures as required by law. They counted them anyway.

There are other examples. This is not about Biden or Trump anymore. We have to run fair elections based on the Law. If we do not we're fucked. The reason Trump lost the lawsuits was not based on the merits of the cases (usually) it was based on exactly what you are saying. Judges did not want to to throw out thousands of legit votes when it could not be determined what was real or valid and what was not.

Right now elections are open season. I expect the next election cycle both sides will ignore the law and cheat like mofo's as there is clearly no consequence for ignoring the law. That is very bad for all of us. And if you don't think the GOP will cheat like crazy the next election cycle you're dreaming.

But like someone said. The Astro's cheated to win the World Series. New England cheated to win a Super Bowl, Both teams still have the Trophies. There is rarely a consequence after the fact. Enjoy your victory. :thup:
I trust our electoral integrity, just as I also have a lot of trust in our institutions, including police. Maybe I am somewhat conservative. If laws were broken...two things occur to me. One...the courts did not agree, and two...this was all done long before the general election, in response to Covid concerns (which is why primaries ran under it). That means that people voted in good faith, according to the rules they were given. To suddenly decide, after the general election, that this was wrong...is to knowingly willfully disenfranchise millions of legal voters.
election

Okay. No sane person wants legit votes thrown out, That is a fucked up remedy, So we agree, But election laws were systemically ignored or misused in this election. Massively. There is no question of that.

It cannot happen again.
Maybe...I dont think it is that clear cut or grievious. Either way, it is up to individual states to determine how to procede right?

Of course. It is real simple based on the Constitution. Only the State Legislature can create, amend, or nullify election Law. Local election officials cannot by Law. Governors cannot by Law. State Attorney Generals cannot by Law.

As long as the election law is exactly implemented in every jurisdiction of the State precisely the same can elections be fair. If I live in a GOP controlled County and my local election officials choose to ignore the Law to favor their team, and you live in the same State and your County election officials play it straight, then your vote gets screwed. Understand? Everybody has to play by the same rules or somebody gets screwed.

This election cycle election law was routinely ignored depending on the location to favor one side. That is a fact. It cannot happen and have free and fair elections.

The governor of Texas made his own rules for the election. It’s hilarious Texas was bringing this suit to start with
Loved how he limited ballot drop boxes to one per county. Make people drive an hour to drop off their ballot.

Let me guess?

Fake votes cast by magical fairies

That's the problem. Everyone gets screwed. And it's no damn way to run elections.

Nobody got screwed. There were 8,000 losers on election day. Only one saw this "massive fraud" you guys have dreamed up.

And yet you just said the Governor of Texas defied the election laws of his State.

Awesome!!! So its a free for all. Let the best team that cheats win. :thup:

I have no problem with the Governor's actions.

Georgians have a choice just like Texas. If Georgians are pissed about the Election they have the choice of voting the politicians they don't like or trust out of office apparently Georgians are okay with the voting systems there. SCOTUS says Texan voices don't count in Georgia that's it nothing more.
My ear is usually on the ground in politics, and I am hearing many people in Georgia are horrified by the terrible, terrible way the Democrats scanned the same box of all Biden votes several times Many Georgians feel very unhappy about Democrat cheating in every which way but honestly.

election

It cannot happen again.

Let me guess?

You mean the felonious Demmie hatemongers who stuffed their precincts with phony ballots.

My ear is usually on the ground in politics, and I am hearing many people in Georgia are horrified by the terrible, terrible way the Democrats scanned the same box of all Biden votes several times Many Georgians feel very unhappy about Democrat cheating in every which way but honestly.

You tell em Sister!

Georgia is totally corrupt. No Republican should vote under those conditions.

election

It cannot happen again.

Let me guess?

You mean the felonious Demmie hatemongers who stuffed their precincts with phony ballots.
Hmmm...

Every one of them was certified. Suck on that.

Forum List

Back